Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

My instant Pot Thread

[An...]

I purchase my 8 QT. IP in July of 2019. I loved it at first. I only use it to cook beans in. I am mostly a whole foods plant based Vegan but I do eat a little meat with my mostly plant based meals. Well after about 6 months, the Instant Pot quit heating up and will not pressurize. The Pot comes with a one year manufacturer's warranty. After a series of back and forth e-mails with the manufacturer trying to troubleshoot, they have agreed to send me another base unit. The problem of the pot not wanting to get hot and pressurize after 10 minutes of being turned on was a gradual one that got progressively worse. I loved it when I 1st got it but now, not so sure, LOL.

I watched a lot of the youTube troubleshooting stuff also to no avail. If you are also an instant pot user / lover,  Do you have any clue as to why this started happening?  Have long have you had yours and have you had any issues with it? Some of the reviews that you read online say you are lucky if you get 3 years out of this thing, esp. if you use it a lot or daily. Do you think this is true or not?

[fc...]
I’ve had mine over a year and never used it.  I’m actually afraid to use it because of the heat and pressure and the instructions seemed hard to follow.

[38...]

I bought my wife one for Christmas, but I've now used it too.  It's like a crock pot on steroids!!  No issues yet, but I'd assume a mass-produced $90 CE pressure cooker will wear out in time.  I think the warranty is only one year.

Green chile stew this week.

I bought my wife one for Christmas, but I've now used it too.  It's like a crock pot on steroids!!  No issues yet, but I'd assume a mass-produced $90 CE pressure cooker will wear out in time.  I think the warranty is only one year.

Thanks badsocref. Did you mean you purchased it in Dec. of 2019?

• 1 month later...

Badsocref,

I got stuck with one of these for Christmas.  I make different recipes of green chili but haven't tried it in this pot.  What is your green chili stew recipe for this pressurized gadget??  My cooking skills have plummeted through w/d.  I can screw up the most basic recipes...  Maybe this pot could help me out as long as the lid doesn't blow off.  Much thanks.