Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sofakingdone needs your love and support..

[pa...]

I’m happy you have a new friend Sofa. I’m sure Dude is happy to have his new home…and it’s obvious he has a good one at that.

I lost a bird, Tweety, during the thick of the acute phase of b/w. Sadly, another bird I had at the time pounced on Tweety in play and broke the little guys leg. I did everything I thought possible to help Tweety recover, but I finally gave in and took him to the local humane society.

The vet said he would not recover and that it would be best to put him down. They asked if I wanted to be present…just writing about it brings tears and pain of heart(I couldn’t be present). I hated to see him suffer, so the vet was right with their suggestion.

Currently I have two parakeets….they definitely bring me a lot of joy….and the birds outside my windows are intrigued by them. At least that’s how I see it.

Enjoy your new buddy Sofa. :)

I'm so sorry about you losing opie, but am glad you have a new Dude in your life to help you through this heartbreaking time!  Virtual hugs from Canada just hit you! ❤

Dear Sofa, I'm so sorry to hear of the passing of your beloved Opie.  I remember so well of how you spoke of your love for him.  He lived a life filled with love and protection from you as he gave you all of his. 

Now, its congratulations and welcome to Dude! There's nothing like a brand new puppy. Enjoy him and your new found health. Happy Thanksgiving.

Love, Saraa

• 1 month later...
I’m so sorry about Opie passing. I just read this thread and had no idea. Losing a loyal and true friend isn't easy. Please know that I'm thinking of you, and if you need to talk or share memories, please let me know.