Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sofakingdone needs your love and support..

[pa...]

Our dear Sofa has dealt and suffered with a terrible loss today in her life.  Her sweet little pug "Opie" had to be put to sleep.  It's been a horrific time for over a month, though, she stayed so strong throughout all for her dear little guy.  Keep your thoughts with love for Sofa...  Thanks, Pattylu

Our dear Sofa has dealt and suffered with a terrible loss today in her life.  Her sweet little pug "Opie" had to be put to sleep.  It's been a horrific time for over a month, though, she stayed so strong throughout all for her dear little guy.  Keep your thoughts with love for Sofa...  Thanks, Pattylu

I'm sorry. Cannot even imagine the pain. Keeping Sofa in my thoughts. Hoping that time will heal her.

I’m so sorry sofa. I know how much opie meant to you. He crossed the rainbow bridge and is in a happy place. May your next pug bring you the same comfort you so deserve. :smitten: :smitten:

Dearest Sofa,

My warmest thoughts of sympathy at this very rough time... saying good-bye to a beloved Friend must be one of the hardest things. Your heart is aching in proportion to the love and happiness Opie brought to your life... but he hasn't truly left you. Like Benzogirl said, 'He crossed the rainbow bridge and is in a happy place', free of suffering, and still very much checking on you while he goes on about the next chapter, up there, making new pug friends, but never ever forgetting his happy time with his beloved Mummy on Earth 💖

Warm Hugs and Love,

Julz x

I believe sofa will pop in when she has the time to give you all an update. She’s going to be very busy today. I believe congratulations 🎊🎉🎈 will be in order. ;)

Hi my dear friends,

Thank you everyone who posted their condolences.  It means so much to me.  Patty, what a beautiful thread you opened dedicated to Opie.  He has his own little devoted thread on BB now, with all my friends wishing him well in his brand new life on the other side of the rainbow 🌈 bridge. 

I’ve never been through anything like this before.  66 years old and, until November 21, God spared me the feeling of a broken heart.  I am treading on new ground for me.  I still have not figured out how to stop the flow of tears or glance over at Opie’s empty side of the bed without breaking down.  I’m having a hard time getting through the next minute, let alone a day.

Out of habit, I still walk down the hall to “check on” Opie several times a day.  Then I stop myself because Opie is not asleep on my bed anymore.  I still automatically reach to dim the lights so they don’t shine in his eyes and disturb him.  But Opie is not there anymore.  I cry myself to sleep because he isn’t spooning with me as we lay in bed together.

I know many of you have lost fur babies of your own.  I know we all say time heals.  I just can’t see it right now.  So I read your messages and just have to hold onto faith that I will survive this.

“Thank you” is such a trite phrase, isn’t it?  It cannot convey the love I have for Opie when I still talk to him.  I cannot aptly express to Opie in heaven how grateful I am for the 17 years he gave to me.  How do I thank him for never leaving my side these last five years as we walked through hell together?  No words can suffice.  So I sit in this silence and let the tears flow.  I couldn’t stop them if I wanted to. 

Opie, if you can feel me now, please know that I owe you my life.  You kept me going.  We walked every day together, all your best sniffing places.  Filet mignon, sweet potatoes and your favorite melted cheesy bread.  I gave you my all, Opie.  I hope you know this. 

Thanks again, everyone.

Love, Opie and Sofa

I am so sorry for your loss and for the pain of heart you are feeling. :( Opie will always be remembered as your loving and loyal friend…and indefinitely remain a part of you. He helped you get through some tough times that you will forever remember fondly. It was good to hear from you....keep in touch.

Sofa,

Your words are a beautiful tribute to your sweet Opie. This kind of loss hurts like no other. I lost my dear labrador Susanna a year ago. Like Opie she was with me through this mess. Somehow we get through those early days of emptiness. Last week I found one of her long hairs and instead of crying I smiled with great appreciation for our long friendship. Healing happens slowly.

Wishing you comforting memories of your truest companion. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Carita

Sofa...

I truly believe that my dog (which is old and not healthy any more as you know...) will leave when she thinks I am now strong enough to walk on my own.

Maybe Opie saw that you can now walk alone, with him watching you from far away..

I cannot imagine how you feel right now, actually this is the worst nightmare I fear and it will hit me the next year for sure, too. All I want to give you is the strong belief that these little angels have chosen us for a reason and that they will never been forgotten.

Opie, please find a nice place where you are now and wait for my grannie to hug her..

And her comes a hug for you, Sofa

Marigold

My Dear Friends,

I had to fill the hole in my heart after Opie left me for heaven.  Opie picked someone special for me. 

Welcome home, Dude!

Benzogirl is a top judge, a member of four kennel clubs and an award-winning trainer and handler of golden retriever champions.  When Opie was sick, Betsy sent me the top pug breeders in the US.  Because of Betsy, I found my new soul mate.

Thank you everyone for all your kind words of compassion.  I’ve always said that this journey has introduced me to the best of humanity.  Thank you for restoring my faith in people and the beautiful spirit that ties us all together.

I’m crying again.  Tears of joy, not grief.  Opie would not want me to be sad.  He gave me Dude to fill his paws.

Sofa

My Dear Friends,

I had to fill the hole in my heart after Opie left me for heaven.  Opie picked someone special for me. 

Welcome home, Dude!

Benzogirl is a top judge, a member of four kennel clubs and an award-winning trainer and handler of golden retriever champions.  When Opie was sick, Betsy sent me the top pug breeders in the US.  Because of Betsy, I found my new soul mate.

Thank you everyone for all your kind words of compassion.  I’ve always said that this journey has introduced me to the best of humanity.  Thank you for restoring my faith in people and the beautiful spirit that ties us all together.

I’m crying again.  Tears of joy, not grief.  Opie would not want me to be sad.  He gave me Dude to fill his paws.

Sofa

Hey Sofa. I agree, Opie wouldn't want you to suffer alone. Dude will help you to get through the process of grieving. Fill that empty space that Opie left. The pain will never go away. But it was the most reasonable thing to do. To find a companion who would help you to get through the heartbreak, accept it and become peaceful again.

I've been thinking about your loss since I saw this thread. I thought how easy it is to take things for granted. Like the presence of my Kitty in my life. I cannot think she could leave me one day. I'm glad to have read your last post. You chose not to give in to despair. I can imagine how difficult it was. But we need to always do what is most healthy for us. Let's hope one day you and Opie will meet again.

My Dear Friends,

Welcome home, Dude!

Sofa

I wish the two of you all the happiness in the world. After what you’ve been through sofa, you more than deserve it. Welcome home, Dude! 🐕 I’m glad I could help just a tiny bit.

Sincerely,

Your new aunt

What heartwarming news Sofa! May you and Dude find comfort and friendship together. I'm very happy to know you have a new pup. It really does help fill that painful void.

Much joy and happiness to you both,

Carita