Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Chronic Ongoing Insomnia After One Year

[Li...]

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Li...]

• [si...]

• [el...]

• [Re...]

diane i hope you are doing well.

but if you are not - or if you are please feel free to post under a new section called "insomnia" - because it is something we all well most of us need help with.

thank you so much for focusing on this topic - because it really needs to be addressed.

diane i thought you had posted a pic of joni mitchell when i first looked at it.

jen is posting under insomnia to - i am hoping by pooling everything that people will have a guide for one of the hardest huddles to overcome during a taper and after.

• 4 weeks later...

While coffee (caffeine) has a direct effect on the CNS for up to 12 hours it upregulates the excitory neurotransmitters much longer - since these are already dysfunctional with benzo withdrawal drinking coffee or any stimulant is beyond risky - and will certainly exacerbate insomnia.

Sit

While coffee (caffeine) has a direct effect on the CNS for up to 12 hours it upregulates the excitory neurotransmitters much longer - since these are already dysfunctional with benzo withdrawal drinking coffee or any stimulant is beyond risky - and will certainly exacerbate insomnia.

Sit

wow that was so expertly put.

• 1 month later...

Charles & Tony

Hi - not sleeping much still, but not bad!

Yep I have been here for ages, just not been around here much!

Lin

Tony :smitten:

Thanks - am feeling more my self now with the correct name tag! :laugh:

Glad I could help dear sis!

http://www.freedominmessiah.com/Got%20a%20Cold.gif

http://www.freedominmessiah.com/T-dancing.gif

Charles :)

Thanks for asking, my sleep was much better last night.

I think I had from 12. 30 till 6.30 only waking up around 4 a.m. for a while and no pain Charles :thumbsup:

I read your sx's for last night - glad that it was not quite as bad ???

Lin -  That is good for you!!  :socool:

I slept a little more too! but still bad pain!

OH WELL!  :D

Charles

Charles :)

Glad to see that you got more sleep at least!  :thumbsup:

Wish I had got some - didnt have any at all last night!

I'm sorry.  :'(

I wish there was a sliver bullet to insomnia.  I have tried several herbal remedies.  Melatonin needs to be used with caution, they sell it in high dosages.  So if you try it , cut them. 

Valerian root.  I remember taking so many of them to fall asleep I though I was going to get sick and throw up in my sleep.

Tylenol PM, seems to work but that's going to come with a whole new slew of problems.

So far, what works for you is working for me, I burn myself out for several days.  After that I drop dead.  There has got to be a better way. 

I think I will go to Barnes  & Knoble and look for some books on hot to fall asleep with out any type of meds or herbal supplements.  Let me know how it goes. 

Sweet Dreams Lin

Well I have not taken anything for 2 wk now and have only managed two a night  >:(

But, we will see how it goes in May  :)

After waking up every 2 hours for months I finally got to the point where I could sleep for 4-5 hours without any sleep aids, I've only used Tylenol pm on 1-2 occasions, and last night I was awake every hour!  :tickedoff:

Getting the 4-5 hours a night let me know that this is temporary and a good nights sleep is just around the corner. :yippee:

Well I have not taken anything for 2 wk now and have only managed two a night  >:(

But, we will see how it goes in May  :)

Let's hope a new month changes things. "thumbsup:

Bruv. :2funny:

• 1 month later...
Hi Lin, how you doing this morning- Still trying to get my head around the format of this place but Im sure it will egt easier with time.  I recognise a few on here. Glad we are still in touch.xxxx :yippee: