Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

easy & FREE spreadsheet & graphmaking programs?

[no...]

does anybody know where i can get a free program for making spreadsheets and graphs that are easy to do?

my project:

1. enter all my collected medical data...

(dates of inpatient hospital stays, names of dr's & drugs i was on w/dates, side effects/sxs for specific dates, pharmacy RX records, surgeries, diagnoses, major life events, etc) ...into a spreadsheet.

2. seperate those data timelines by subject, so i can see them individually, but also able to:

3. overlay all the seperate data timelines into one linear timeline, so i can see the things/events that coincide/overlap.

hope that wasn't too confusing! :idiot:

thx in advance to anyone who can help!

I always use Microsoft Office, but people used to have good things to say about OpenOffice.

ok cool, i have MO on my computer...so now i guess i need to find a tutorial for dummies and learn how to use it.

i'll google OpenOffice too, thanks HTDT!  :)

I graph all the time with Excel, but it can be a bit of trial and error. And sometimes the program thinks I want to do something completely different and it takes a lot of work to tell it what I want to do.

I graph all the time with Excel, but it can be a bit of trial and error. And sometimes the program thinks I want to do something completely different and it takes a lot of work to tell it what I want to do.

ok Hubbs confirmed we have Excel too, but he said he can only do basic stuff and i think the same stuff you said he has issues with it. 

does anybody know where i can get a free program for making spreadsheets and graphs that are easy to do?

my project:

(dates of inpatient hospital stays, names of dr's & drugs i was on w/dates, side effects/sxs for specific dates, pharmacy RX records, surgeries, diagnoses, major life events, etc) ...into a spreadsheet.

2. seperate those data timelines by subject, so i can see them individually, but also able to:

3. overlay all the seperate data timelines into one linear timeline, so i can see the things/events that coincide/overlap.

To be honest I don't think I could do this project. I can graph my bloodwork results over time.

Actually, a program like MicroSoft Project could work. Not a typical use for project planning software, but it is something that can overlay timelines. Project planning software can be complicated though.

my project:

To be honest I don't think I could do this project. I can graph my bloodwork results over time.

Actually, a program like MicroSoft Project could work. Not a typical use for project planning software, but it is something that can overlay timelines. Project planning software can be complicated though.

well, i can do it by hand using notebook paper and colored markers, but it doesn't look as professional and of course isn't downloadable as an interactive file. lie if i t ake my folder of graphs and timelines to a physician, they will say something like "oh very creative" but be thinking "oh great we got a real OCD nutjob here" and write whatever they damn well please in my chart, as they have done in the past. if i can find the tutorials and learnn the programs, maybe i can present my crazy drug and sxs hx in a cogent way.