Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

does low pressure atmospheric changes affect the CNS?

[no...]

Does anyone know if low pressure atmospheric changes affect the CNS?  I am so fried today with this hurricane. It appears to want to skirt the coast so other than power outage I’m not too worried. I keep telling myself it will be ok

hey Guinea pig!

i have been wondering about this myself! i hope you don't mind if i post this as a new topic so others will see it(hopefully)

maybe there's some study been done on it?

i've always had upsets as a storm is aproaching, even when skies are cloudles , but barometric pressure is dropping...especially before tornadoes.

i'msure it does affect our CNS and anmals too, but i dunno of the actual research or tests.

This is pretty good: https://www.mnn.com/health/fitness-well-being/blogs/how-changes-barometric-pressure-affect-your-body

As a teacher of little ones I learned over the years to let the kids run and and play and do arts and crafts on north-windy days.

:o

wow! that's excellent info in that link, thanks Challis!!!

wow, you are a Wise Woman/Wise Teacher indeed! i would have loved being one of your students back then  :)

[c8...]

My specific experience is, unfortunately, mixed up with sinuses that tend to bleed when dry, high pressure air starts showing up in winter or fall.  That makes my headaches a lot worse than they usually are. And, they're bad enough without that!  So, the low pressure, which usually is coupled with some amount of increased humidity, tends to feel less bad than the high pressure.

If I didn't have sinus headaches during high pressure, I wonder if I'd feel low pressure was just plain awful?

Yes, the low barometric pressure can affect people. The last few days I have felt bad fatigue, joint pain, horrible tinnitus and headache. I researched it and sure enough these are symptoms. I was not in the hurricane, but close enough to feel the pressure. I also don't like a lot of wind. I researched that and found out it generates positive ions which affect the brain negatively. Water has negative ions and that is why is relaxes people.

I am sure that those of us with sensitive CNS are more prone to feeling the effects of the weather.

Yes, the low barometric pressure can affect people. The last few days I have felt bad fatigue, joint pain, horrible tinnitus and headache. I researched it and sure enough these are symptoms. I was not in the hurricane, but close enough to feel the pressure. I also don't like a lot of wind. I researched that and found out it generates positive ions which affect the brain negatively. Water has negative ions and that is why is relaxes people.

I am sure that those of us with sensitive CNS are more prone to feeling the effects of the weather.

wow no wonder soaking in water relaxes me! and i love the rain, and heavy downpours, even drizzle and fog.

wow no wonder soaking in water relaxes me! and i love the rain, and heavy downpours, even drizzle and fog.

Exactly!  :)