Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

mass shootings

[ka...]

another mass shooting in Texas so much anger and hate in the Country Can't be safe in school or church or at a neighborhood Walmart

This is why I carry concealed sometimes. The only way to stop a man with a gun is another man with a gun....most of these shooters are cowards and would run at the first round fired back at them.

most of these shooters are cowards and would run at the first round fired back at them.

Most of them are on psych meds as well.

Hmmmmm......

CCW holder here too. I mainly carry when fishing under the bridges at night since I have to stop at the post office every day for work which precludes me from carrying when I am working. The peace of mind it gives you to know that you have the ability to protect yourself when you might be vulnerable is priceless.

I was looking for a kinder gentler answer like how does this keep happening and why? I'm a big time nut but I don't want a gun and if you have one I ain't fighting

most of these shooters are cowards and would run at the first round fired back at them.

Hmmmmm......

What FG said. Most of these mass shooters are on Crazy Drugs of one kind or another. We've been drugging our boys in gradeschool for a generation now, with SPEED. More like two generations, in fact. What do you think that does to their brains? And why have we been drugging them? Because these teachers can't stand boys who act like boys. Great. Now we have men who act like animals. Thanks for the ritalin and the adderal and the prozac. It's been a big help.

What FG said. Most of these mass shooters are on Crazy Drugs of one kind or another. We've been drugging our boys in gradeschool for a generation now, with SPEED. More like two generations, in fact. What do you think that does to their brains? And why have we been drugging them? Because these teachers can't stand boys who act like boys. Great. Now we have men who act like animals. Thanks for the ritalin and the adderal and the prozac. It's been a big help.

Correlation does not equal causation but at some point someone needs to start asking questions.

I was looking for a kinder gentler answer like how does this keep happening and why?

I stated my theory. I don't think that's the only reason but I think it might help explain some of it.

Hmmmmm......

CCW holder here too. I mainly carry when fishing under the bridges at night since I have to stop at the post office every day for work which precludes me from carrying when I am working. The peace of mind it gives you to know that you have the ability to protect yourself when you might be vulnerable is priceless.

Your 'theory' is fact. Breggin, Whitaker and other authors cite the studies & stats in their work - none of them ever published in the mainstream media.

Gun ownership is not the issue.

As for kachina's important question. The human brain is still developing well into one's late 20s. In the case of teens, throw in some dangerous psychoactive 'medications', high testosterone levels, and perhaps a background of childhood trauma or being marginalized/bullied - what the hell do we expect? (Psych drugs cut off the blood supply to the frontal lobes of the brain - the area responsible for impulse control. This is a hallmark of all psychiatric 'medication'.)

Our society has a lot to answer for. We live in a world where there is often very little real community and family support for those who are emotionally struggling. Instead, they're handed drugs like candy and sent on their merry way.... What you're seeing is the fallout of our collective failure to create a healthful, supportive, caring environment on this planet. And falling for the lie that a toxic little pill can substitute for that.

The (un-publicised) stats almost certainly do show causation - or, at least, a powerful correlating 'trigger' that warrants serious attention.

This is why I carry concealed sometimes. The only way to stop a man with a gun is another man with a gun....most of these shooters are cowards and would run at the first round fired back at them.

Most of these shooters are on psychiatric medication, not in their right minds, and suffered trauma and marginalization in their past. Many of them are teens/children. They're scared, angry human beings. (And God knows how these events are being manipulated for political agendas, perhaps - but that's another story. The tired old 'Divide and Conquer' trick still seems to work every time....)

We can and should condemn their actions. And of course we need to protect ourselves. But we won't solve the recurring problem until we look at our collective role in having created it. And at how our reactionary fear is keeping it in place.

My psy meds gave me extreme intrusive violent thoughts

Benzos and antidepressants are the key for this.

3 years to heal it

I had never had violent thoughts before and today i m back to my self again. Im a much better person, than before and i dont have any of such intrusive thought.

This is a nightmare that has to stop. Nobody deserves what ive been going throught, me and many others

I was just a normal person with normal life problems.

Most of these shooters are on psychiatric medication, not in their right minds, and suffered trauma and marginalization in their past. Many of them are teens/children. They're scared, angry human beings. (And God knows how these events are being manipulated for political agendas, perhaps - but that's another story. The tired old 'Divide and Conquer' trick still seems to work every time....)

We can and should condemn their actions. And of course we need to protect ourselves. But we won't solve the recurring problem until we look at our collective role in having created it. And at how our reactionary fear is keeping it in place.

Yes I saw this in a documentary!  Many of these mass shooters are taking psychiatric medication such as antidepressants and benzos! 

• 1 month later...

Sorry but most are not on psych meds. Just an excuse from the NRA.

https://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/article/2019/aug/16/whats-behind-dubious-claim-psychiatric-drugs-fuel-/