Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Stomach pain and acid production

[Ha...]

Sorry for the long post but I am 15 months of of klonopin after 25 years of daily use for anxiety. I have dealt with the withdrawals so far by just pushing through it. I have noticed over the last year I always felt really full after I ate anything no matter how small. It was really noticeable when I exercised but it was tolerable.  About 5 weeks ago I woke up in the middle of the night with the rotten egg burps and bad stomach pain.  Then came the vomiting and diarrhea. It lasted a couple of days but got better. Then it started occurring every few days. Saw the doc did a bunch of lab work , nothing. They put me on prilosec twice a day which killed the vomiting but I still get the burps, excessive acid production,  abdominal pain etc. It always starts when I am asleep. I am wore out and have lost about 7 pounds in the last month. Anyone have this problem? I'm thinking an ulcer ot GERD.

• 1 month later...

I am in the midst of tapering from Klonopin and I am 3+ months since my last taper (I'd gone too fast and had to stop for a breather!) and just recently the stomach pain has been really bad!  I could barely eat supper last night.  Ice cream felt good, for a little.  From a lot of research, I read this is just a common symptom of withdrawal and in time it will ease up.  So many stories of ppl going to the Dr thinking they have something else, and tests come up fine, like your's!

But what do we do and how do we eat, etc, in the meantime?  I don't have these answers!

I had it for almost 1 year, all the time, stomach pain, constipation but I still have acid in my esophagus 7/24 I got to the mouth and it burns my tongue, it's horrible.

I'm at the limit.

I've been trying to taper off of Omeprazole ever since I changed my diet, but when I reach a minimum dosage, the slight burning sensation returns to my esophagus. I've read that it could be just a minor rebound effect, but since I still suffer with PAWS, I suspect that it has a hand in the reoccurring burning sensation. Even when I went back to the daily dose of Omeprazole, I still tend to feel that same sensation albeit a fraction of what it was. Very frustrating. At times, I'm tempted to have an esophagoscopy done.

Yuuuup, this is me.

About to get a scope next week.

The pain is horrible and runs up my neck and into my face.

Makes my ears pop.

Ugh!

Stuckinaruttagain

Detail more your symptoms please, here we want to know that we are not alone with the same pain.

For example, it burns my mouth all day is horrible. and I swallow my own saliva.

My biggest problem was a sick gall baldder.

Hidescan showed less than 20% was emptying and surgeon said its got to come out.

Felt initially better but ol symptoms returned...

i.e.

Feeling really full with just a few bites of food.

My stomach just aches all the time and then I get this weird buzzing/pain that climbs up my throat into my face.

Docs tell me its vagal pain from my stomach. Really??

I wake up at night in full night sweats and this weird sharp pain in my stomach, necck and face.

I have to sit up and burp/belch 50 times to get relief..

Antacids, Zantac and Protonix helps but them causes stomach to feel even more full.

Does this help?

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ga...]
    • [Ab...]
    • [Mh...]
    • [ge...]
    • [Da...]
    • [Bu...]
    • [mo...]
    • [...]
    • [Ma...]
    • [Co...]