Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Does anyone here have an instant pot?

[An...]

I am thinking about buying one and have some questions. If you have one, could you please respond? Thanks!

1. Are they safe?

2. I will use to cook dried beans only. How fast can I cook my beans with this thing?

3. Is it easy to clean?

4. How durable is this thing? I want it to last a long time.

Here is what I am thinking about buying from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B075CWJ3T8/?coliid=I3I5O05JD19RWW&colid=1J8USQFHA7Q8O&psc=0&ref_=lv_ov_lig_dp_it

From what I read, it is a pressure cooker made a bit easier. I personally do not feel safe using them, but I am NO expert. what made you decide to try one?

east

I've have one sitting on my counter unused since I bought it about a year ago.  I use my crock pot instead.

[14...]

I never would have considered an Instant Pot until I tasted food from the one my daughter uses. Its results are far superior to anything coming out of a crock pot, plus it’s really fast (of course).

There’s really no need to spend that much for so many functions though, especially if you’re only cooking beans. These pots are perfectly safe, and have release valves for the pressure – they do not explode, as old-fashioned pressure cookers used to do.

This is the one I bought over a year ago (only $69.95), and it’s great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FLYWNYQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

I have one and I love it. You can soak dried beans in water overnight, rinse,  and then cook in the instant pot for 30 minutes. Easy!

I never would have considered an Instant Pot until I tasted food from the one my daughter uses. Its results are far superior to anything coming out of a crock pot, plus it’s really fast (of course).

There’s really no need to spend that much for so many functions though, especially if you’re only cooking beans. These pots are perfectly safe, and have release valves for the pressure – they do not explode, as old-fashioned pressure cookers used to do.

This is the one I bought over a year ago (only $69.95), and it’s great.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00FLYWNYQ?psc=1&ref=ppx_pop_mob_b_asin_image

Thanks Leslie and Restoration123 for your comments! Much appreciated-- :thumbsup: