Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Swollen arms

[Ai...]

I gained 8 pounds of water weight during the last year, I know it is water because it comes and goes. I have swelling all over my body but in the last 3 months my arms got really big...anyone else?

My knees were swollen also, like internal structures were inflammed, and I had pain also, do you have pain?

Blossom

I have never heard of swelling arms as a SX of benzo w/d. There is benzo belly. I personally would see a doctor to rule out anything more serious going on if this were me.

I’ve already seen a doctor and he found nothing. There are other posts of people complaining about swollen parts of the body and about full body edema. I have swelling all over, I have also benzobelly and when I pee it goes away. I’m just saying that my arms are particularly swollen.

My knees were swollen also, like internal structures were inflammed, and I had pain also, do you have pain?

Blossom

No pain but a mild discomfort in the fold of my right arms.

I had full body edema throughout my taper, and during waves post-withdrawal.  My legs had it severely during taper, not sure why.  I always assumed b/c of gravity (water receding when I stood), but no clue.  I wouldn't worry about it.  I know it's a hard symptom to cope with, but it will pass.  WR

What did the doctor actually say when you asked him about your swollen arms?

He checked my kidneys because he is an urologist and he said that they were fine but I was peeing once a day. He also said that it was a functional water retention and that the only explanation was the withdrawal.

I had full body edema throughout my taper, and during waves post-withdrawal.  My legs had it severely during taper, not sure why.  I always assumed b/c of gravity (water receding when I stood), but no clue.  I wouldn't worry about it.  I know it's a hard symptom to cope with, but it will pass.  WR

I know  it will pass but i’m getting married in August and I would like to be in a good shape but unfortunately  taking diuretics for that day is the only thing that I can do. This  is a long lasting symptom :'( How many pounds did you gain? How long did it  last after the end of your taper?

I don’t have swollen arms but my face is constantly swollen.  I can leave an imprint when i press  on my cheeks.

I know  it will pass but i’m getting married in August and I would like to be in a good shape but unfortunately  taking diuretics for that day is the only thing that I can do. This  is a long lasting symptom :'( How many pounds did you gain? How long did it  last after the end of your taper?

It never got as bad in post-recovery as it was during taper.  Like all of my symptoms, this one has gotten better and better as times passes, and goes away completely for long stretches of time.  I never weighed myself in recovery, but assume 10lbs water weight gain at my worst.  Best of luck to you on your wedding.  WR

I got married in December and my back was full of acne due to a homonal imbalance caused by the benzos...You’ll be fine and you have your future husband’s support!!!

Much love

Blossom

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [ro...]
    • [Jo...]
    • [...]
    • [Po...]
    • [fr...]
    • [El...]
    • [Gr...]
    • [...]
    • [Mt...]