Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Restless Legs anyone?

[In...]

Anyone other than me have a tickle or (akathisia) restlessness in their legs during the day time?

It is in my spine and in my knees. Makes me want to kick all day and hard to sit sometimes.

Anyone other than me have a tickle or (akathisia) restlessness in their legs during the day time?

It is in my spine and in my knees. Makes me want to kick all day and hard to sit sometimes.

Yes, know it well...  Have you reached the punching your legs stage at all..  I didnt get it so bad with benzos, it lurked, and flared after a big cut.. But with the other med it had me taken to hospital, and I got my first benzo... :(

Taper speed might help if you slow it down..?? That is if you are even tapering.. -cant quite tell...

Yes, know it well...  Have you reached the punching your legs stage at all..  I didnt get it so bad with benzos, it lurked, and flared after a big cut.. But with the other med it had me taken to hospital, and I got my first benzo... :(

Taper speed might help if you slow it down..?? That is if you are even tapering.. -cant quite tell...

What meds and you are saying akathisia in the legs had you taken to the hospital?

I have the restless leg feeling in my spine and neck. It is horrible.

Can you describe the sensation? I don't want to feel alone in this.

Mine used to be a sensory electrical feeling in the tongue that would travel around my body and sometimes linger in my feet. It would tickle and move to mouth and legs. The worst was when it would go to my brain. That's when the shit hits the fan.

Just 3 weeks ago, it started to flare very bad in my lower back and legs. It was after some exposure to some solvents like paint thinners. Some say it could be a 18 month wave but I doubt something so severe just pops up without a trigger.

However, it feels like someone is sickling my lower back and moves up and down my spine. Its terrible but way better than full blown akathisia.

For me it feels like I have a terrible itching feeling right inside my spine and I want to rip it out.

I have had restless legs in the past. It is the same feeling.

For me it feels like I have a terrible itching feeling right inside my spine and I want to rip it out.

I have had restless legs in the past. It is the same feeling.

Yes I had restless leg as well. But mine is all day long and comes and goes. Not at night like typical RLS.

I have the tickle or RLS now in my lower back and sometimes it moves to my rear.

Yes, had this but it has faded away. I still get jolts in my legs & torso when falling into a deep sleep but it seems to b fading as well.

Yes, had this but it has faded away. I still get jolts in my legs & torso when falling into a deep sleep but it seems to b fading as well.

How long did it go on? How severe was it? Did it happen all day like mine?

I was confused in your story, were you off benzos when you had a medical procedure? Were you ok prior to the procedure? Did they give you benzos?

What meds and you are saying akathisia in the legs had you taken to the hospital?

Oxycontin, -No, RLS had me taken.. This instance was brought on by a med change that had a blocker in it.. To be clear, We are talking about doses well beyond the norm..

Within a taper, I found it pretty easy to manage, but im not sure we are talking about quite the same thing...

I am about one month out from zero on doseage (2yr taper.) About a week after last dose of lorazepam (I was on Klonopinfor over 30 years) my muscle and joints started having pain, mostly on the legs. In the evening I twist my feet, kick, curl up. It hurts when I do activites, including walking.  The physician treating me retired end of December without a referal and I did the last part of taper on my own.

It has beeen conerning and part of the reason I found this forum was searching for information about muscle pain, twitch, kicks, etc. I have my annual physical in the morning and I will ask my PCP to rule out other causes. Once I am certain this is a new phase of my withdrawl I will feel more comfortable, maybe not in not in body right now, but in mind. I may just need to wait this new thing out as other issues with their own misery have come and gone.

I am curious about others with these symptoms during withdrawls. Anything help (heat, massage, creams, etc?) So far mine is not overly painful, but very annoying right now.

I am about one month out from zero on doseage (2yr taper.) About a week after last dose of lorazepam (I was on Klonopinfor over 30 years) my muscle and joints started having pain, mostly on the legs. In the evening I twist my feet, kick, curl up. It hurts when I do activites, including walking.  The physician treating me retired end of December without a referal and I did the last part of taper on my own.

It has beeen conerning and part of the reason I found this forum was searching for information about muscle pain, twitch, kicks, etc. I have my annual physical in the morning and I will ask my PCP to rule out other causes. Once I am certain this is a new phase of my withdrawl I will feel more comfortable, maybe not in not in body right now, but in mind. I may just need to wait this new thing out as other issues with their own misery have come and gone.

I am curious about others with these symptoms during withdrawls. Anything help (heat, massage, creams, etc?) So far mine is not overly painful, but very annoying right now.

Mine was worse at night as a general rule (while on benzos), -So I would get up, if in bed, and jump in a rather hot spa.. It seems the bubbles and jets helped, as a hot magnesium bath wasnt quite the same... For a period, I would do this 4-5 times a night on occasion... Then I slowed my taper right down, after joining BB...

For me atleast, The RLS was fairly responsive, not so entrenched, as I get the feeling others here are describing...

The first week post jump,I got some "twinges" of it, but not anything Serious.. Same when I recently did my opiate C/O, which was pretty rough.. -I think RLS would have been significant here in the past, and im putting that down to overall healing...

Its horrid, and I hope it, or your version, eases quick for you, -and Everyone...

Best wishes...

Interesting about hot spa/tub. I do feel better after a long hot shower. 🚿 I have close friends with a spa tub I could try.

Thanks for feedback and support.

I may get to try hot tub this weekend. I will post the results. I was pretty good mid afternoon but pain is up now. A day at a time...

I may get to try hot tub this weekend. I will post the results. I was pretty good mid afternoon but pain is up now. A day at a time...

:thumbsup:

[70...]

Indigo,

Mine cycle throuout the day, beginning with a blast between 2:30-3:30 am, again upon waking and repears. I get hit in my back, buttocks, legs, and right side of my face, jaw and neck.

This all began when I reinstated for my final taper.

I, too, find some relief alternating hot and cold baths/showers or ice packs/heating pads.

You are not alone....

I have this also. I bought some restless legs pills from Amazon and it seems to really help but I also put a heating pad on my legs and that helps quite a bit There have been times I have walked circles in my house due to this symptom. I get it very rarel these days.

My friends need to clean there hot tub before it can be used again so for now it is hot showers.  Last night, May 4th, was my worst for leg pain. Less twitching, more pain. Kept me awake, woke up early. Doing some leg puching too. Arrg.  I went bz free end of March after 2yr taper.

My PCP said to try Gaba supplement but I read mixed reviews about that and I want my receptors to figure out proper function.  I have also had pain in my right jaw. Interesting.

I do think I handle physical pain (as long as not overly intense) better than bad psyc episodes. Too, I get some break, lesser symptoms, between 10am and 8pm daytime. Pain decreases, still there, but enough of a drop to recover for the next evening's battle.

I guess the most helpful thing woud be to know that this does pass with healing, not going to become chronic. I haven't read anything to suggest we won't heal from this. At least I no longer feel alone with this symptom, but really sympathize with other's struggles. 💛

Can anyone relate that it seems to be in my brain and my hearing and everything is very amplified and feel like im in a acid trip, then it moves to my body and then I have this electricity feeling in my lower spine, sometimes butt, and then knees. It feels like a tickle and its very annoying.

It keeps moving from brain (that's when its bad), lower spine, butt, upper back, knees and then back to brain.

This make sense to anyone?

[70...]

Can anyone relate that it seems to be in my brain and my hearing and everything is very amplified and feel like im in a acid trip, then it moves to my body and then I have this electricity feeling in my lower spine, sometimes butt, and then knees. It feels like a tickle and its very annoying.

It keeps moving from brain (that's when its bad), lower spine, butt, upper back, knees and then back to brain.

This make sense to anyone?

Yes, Indigo. This is exactly my pattern.  I will get variations, though, with brain-chest-arms-face then travels down the spinal column and hits low back-glutes-calves-soles of feet. Once mine hits my glutes-calves-feet it will begin to wane and resolve.

My worst cycle hits between 3-4 am and always is significantly worse when in my brain before traveling down the spinal column.

I’m 5 months off and rls has been up and down. Some nights it feels like i just jumped off an opioid and other nights nothing. I’ll get it during the day as well in areas like my chestband stomach.

I noticed the slightest bit of alcohol makes it worse. I’m not a big drinker but lately wanted a beer. I ended up having literally 2 beers and that night it was intense.

High cbd/indica tinctures work well.

GABA supps seem to help the entire process. Not sure if this is delaying the inevitable or helping me heal.

Not sure about alcohol, asides many say it causes issues.. But I just took Magnesium with calcium. and got thrown into something pretty nasty, -RLS (limb) was back, and my GI went spastic with abdo cramps, but perhaps im more aware now, but it took what I have called "physical anxiety" to a whole new level -More of a RLS type agitation...

Im a bit lost on this one.. (the why..?) It appears it redused my a available dose of my current med..

So yeah, I guess RLS is connected to a variety of WDs, and can be triggered by external factors..

I tried some magnesium cream on my legs the other night, I woke up later and had to wash it off as my legs were worse. That should not discourage others from trying as our body chemistry and other factors vary.

My friends got their hot tub working so I plan to try that to see how heat and bubbles work.

I did some interesting reading the other night about using CBD oil for RLS. Others have had great sucess, also helped with benzo wd. I already have some for anxiety so I took it last night and legs were better today. Took another dose tonight. I will report how things are going.

You may want to Google "CBD for RLS" and "CBD for benzo withdrawl."  Share anything good you learn. I will look for some links to share.  That's one good thing about forums.

I dont think we have access to much here (Aust) But a bit of a smoke helps my GI, and overall coping ability.. -Too much isnt so great for my head..

I did talk to a "Hippie Dr" some time ago, but they wanted to treat addiction, more than physical dependance.. We wernt realy on the same page..