Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Has anyone been alright with having decaff coffee?

[pu...]

Meeeeee toooooo  -I do drink fake coffee by Teecino which kind of tastes like real coffee but totally isn't coffee at all. I got it on Amazon.

Meeeeee toooooo  -I do drink fake coffee by Teecino which kind of tastes like real coffee but totally isn't coffee at all. I got it on Amazon.

Wow, fake coffee?!  I had absolutely no idea such a thing even exists!!  I am gonna look it up!!  Thanks!! :D

YAY! Let me know what you think!

I got the variety pack and haven't tried the chocolate flavor one yet because I am of course, scared chocolate will set me off...need to reorder.

YAY! Let me know what you think!

I got the variety pack and haven't tried the chocolate flavor one yet because I am of course, scared chocolate will set me off...need to reorder.

Mmm, chocolate.  I have been sneaking a wee bit of chocolate now and again. My sxs are so bad right now, I cannot tell the difference. Lol ;D

I want coffee and candy SO much all the time!!!!

If I have to face one more "healthy meal" that won't amp up s/x and heals my brain after this I am going to scream!

[e0...]

I braved some decaff since I posted, and I now feel like someone gave me an adrenaline injection.  Holy guacamole.

😒 NOOO! I’m sorry!

I want coffee and candy SO much all the time!!!!

If I have to face one more "healthy meal" that won't amp up s/x and heals my brain after this I am going to scream!

I know.  :(

My hormones got the best of me this time.  Ugh.

I drank one cup of decaf per day after I c/t. When I was 4 months off and I knew that a lot of healing was taking place I slowly added in caffeine into my decaf. Every month I added more caffeine and I reduced my decaf. By 5 months off I was able to drink one cup of coffee and it definitely helped with my cog fog.

I am so bad on this all, i don't drink coffee that much in general but i don't eat all healthy and don't def watch what i eat, hope it doesn't come back to bite me

IMO it's very important to eat healthy during recovery and we need to nourish our brain and gut (which is our second brain). I always ate healthy however I made sure to eat lots of brain food during recovery.

The foods that I eat are:

Eggs or sometimes I eat oatmeal (good for your heart) and I add fresh fruit.

Blueberries, Strawberries, red apples, red grapes, oranges or clementines

Kale salad everyday for lunch with yellow pepper, red pepper, almonds, avocado, cucumber, and turkey breast (protein).

Broccoli, spinach, carrots with hummus, quinoa, Salmon (twice a week), Chicken. I do not eat any red meat or carbs, cook with Olive Oil (no pasta, no pizza, no cheese). I only eat healthy fats because I watch my cholesterol.

If you read my success story I believe I listed some of the foods that were recommended to me. You do not need to buy organic food.

https://www.webmd.com/diet/features/eat-smart-healthier-brain#1