Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trivia Game for Benzo Brains (let's heal and have fun at the same time)

[So...]

You did ask for trivia Shook.  My question was about as trivial as I could get. 

The are called "budgie smugglers".  Lol

Tony Abbot, right wing, Australian ex prime minister wears them, and is ridiculed as a result.  He doesn't seem to care his ego so giant.  Looks like he's going to lose his seat in the coming federal elections.  A seat he has held for 25 years.  I'm counting the days.

He is a horrible man.  Sexist, racist, you name it, Abbot's got it. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [So...]

• [Ni...]

• [wa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to post it Shook, maybe that's cultural in itself.  Lol.

I don't know how to use Pinterest.  I'll have to learn, because it does add to the understanding. 

I'm feeling really unwell this morning.  :sick:

Someone take a turn... 

Here's some more cultural trivia to hopefully distract you a little.

http://keppatsukobo.jp/Shouzoku/image/tsunokakushi.jpg

This type of headgear worn in traditional Shinto wedding ceremonies is called tsunokakushi. It is said to hide what from the hapless, unsuspecting bridegroom?

Answer: horns.  >:D

Tsunokakushi, meaning "horn-hiding", is worn to veil the bride's horns of jealousy, ego, and selfishness. It also symbolizes her resolve to become a gentle and obedient wife. But the strength of that resolve may vary from bride to bride...

http://oldphotosjapan.com/images/50.jpg

Crumbs.  I left my computer logged on and did not see the 'horns' answer.

For a moment there I thought I had gotten it right with "dowry".  I  misinterpreted the raised hands as jubilation.  Gawd.  Desperate for a win.  ;D

No man, from whatever culture, could ever be jealous Shook.  :D  We know you are perfect.  :angel:

What Australian marsupial has: 

Webbed feet

Tail like a beaver

Bill like a duck

Venom like a snake

And lays eggs? 

Yay. Total guess.

By the way, here's the other kind of wedding headgear. It's meant to resemble a cotton swab, because in the Shinto religion, cleanliness is next to godliness and purification rites are key.

d92455773a76ced39821c217b7db0aa5.jpg

Of course I'm kidding. I think it's just eye-catching and has no special meaning.

What was "Pac-Man" originally named when first released in Japan?

http://previewcf.turbosquid.com/Preview/2014/07/03__21_20_07/PacManW.png6b77d0c6-5370-42fe-ad2c-9217b401f021Original.jpg

Back in 1988, the fiendish people at DC Comics (publishers of Superman, Batman) set up a 1-900 number for readers to call and vote for a character to either live or die, in a storyline entitled "A Death in the Family".

Which well-known character was it?

Answer:

http://thecomicbookaddicts.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/04/Batman-Death-In-Family_900.jpg

The people voted, and the Joker got his revenge. It wasn't the original Robin who was killed, but the second incarnation, a lad named Jason Todd who was apparently unpopular with the readers.

Name the musician/bandleader who, in just 4 years, scored 69 top ten hits—more than Elvis Presley (38) and the Beatles (33).

Correct!  :clap:

miller-glenn-5123e13c2a0e9.jpg

Glenn Miller's hits include "In the Mood", "Moonlight Serenade", "Pennsylvania 6-5000", "Chattanooga Choo Choo", "A String of Pearls", "At Last", "(I've Got a Gal In) Kalamazoo", "American Patrol", "Tuxedo Junction", "Elmer's Tune", and "Little Brown Jug".

You're kidding Shook. 

I was only reading about him the other day.  Not for a moment did I think I had it right. 

Q:  Which poet is credited with writing the lyrics of the New Year's standard, 'Auld Lang Syne'? 

It was Robbie Burns, in 1788, Shook. 

Oh gosh, a department store is my friend..... :(

Q:  Which British actor played Rik, in the British TV comedy, "The Young Ones"?  He died too young, and is one of my all time favourites.  So funny.