Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trivia Game for Benzo Brains (let's heal and have fun at the same time)

[So...]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [So...]

• [Ni...]

• [wa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's a question for you:

What became a symbol of peace in Japan as a result of the bombing of Hiroshima?

Hint: origami.

Was it the 🕊 Shook? 

Hey, Shook, did you answer my, "Who killed Cock Robin", :( question? 

Hint: The culprit is same species as 🕊. 

danger-will-robinson.gif

I have no idea, Will Robinson!

This was my best answer.  :D

So the robin was killed by another bird... A bird of prey, perhaps? A hawk?

As to my question, it's not a dove, but is a bird. Every Japanese child is taught how to make one out of folded paper.

Answer:

http://preview.turbosquid.com/Preview/2014/07/11__20_54_03/OrigamiCrane_2.jpgfdc5f23e-f936-437f-a748-8250d15e497aOriginal.jpg

The crane was popularized as a peace symbol by the story of Sadako Sasaki (1943–1955), a girl who died as a result of radiation exposure from the atomic bomb. In the last stages of her illness she started folding paper cranes, inspired by the Japanese saying that one who folded a thousand origami cranes was granted a wish.

sasaki-04-1024x768.jpg

School children who visit Hiroshima leave behind strings of paper cranes...

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-YN6VAipkVHM/URhLeamdT5I/AAAAAAAAAVs/oz54ACNc9k0/s1600/Childrens_memorial_Hiroshima.jpg

Sadako's brother is seen here.

dc9ca7df7bd9c19e248e6ac10ef94572.jpg

The cranes were beautiful, shook.  The story behind it's meaning, was beautiful.

A sparrow killed Cock Robin, shook. 

"Who killed Cock Robin?"  "I, said the Sparrow, with my bow and arrow."

It's a very old nursery rhyme. 

And the fly saw him die.  :-\

Who's go, Shook?  :o

Thanks for introducing me to Cock Robin, Dee. It's much more fun learning new things than knowing the answer.

And I'm now acquainted with Dr. Zachary Smith and the robot. I think he secretly enjoys its companionship...

giphy.gif

I guess it's anyone's turn...

Here's a mugshot of one Mr. Vincenzo Peruggia. He served 6 months for stealing what in 1911?

http://www.pbs.org/wnet/secrets/files/2014/06/sede-monalisa-clip1.jpg

I think if anything really bad happened to the robot Zachary would be very upset, Shook.  But he would have trouble expressing it because he's afraid of experiencing such feelings. 

Poor robot cares about Smith, because he has a kind robot heart. 

Hmmm, Vincenzo Peruggia.  Italian?  1911.  Political arrest?  6 months?

Robot goes to data base.....did he knock off the Italian flag? 

He stole something very famous, and it became even more so due to the attention the theft received.

What does robot say?

Robot says  :D he stole the recipe for original Italian pizza.  He wanted to set up his own pizza shop in Milan.  Everyone was aghast. 

If robot had been around at the time he would have offered him a full pardon.  ;)

:laugh:

Robot wasn't impressed by the doctor's painting, but he was no da Vinci.

lifesize-lost-in-space-b-9-robot-4.jpg

Vincenzo Peruggia, a former employee of the Louvre, walked in one day, took the Mona Lisa off the wall, removed the protective case and frame, and walked out with it. He kept it in his apartment in Paris for two years before taking it to Italy.

Peruggia said he did it for a patriotic reason. Believing it had been stolen by Napoleon, he wanted to bring the painting back to its "homeland". What he may not have known was that Leonardo da Vinci had gifted it to Francis I when he moved to France to become a painter in his court during the 16th century, 250 years before Napoleon's birth.

The painting was displayed around Italy before being returned. The notoriety of the theft solidified the Mona Lisa's status as the most famous painting in the world. Robot called the 6 month sentence a "slap on the wrist that does not compute".

http://www.therichest.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/Mona-Lisa-Theft.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-ZmUQEXNYO3I/Vi-RbMAja0I/AAAAAAAAE_A/Q_lmcipTTDY/s1600/Mona_Lisa.jpg

That's a terrific story Shook. 

I know it's after the fact, but the Mona Lisa did come to mind.  Thought  6 months too light a sentence so dismissed it. 

It was robot telling me it was Mona.  I should have listened. 

Robot is king! 

Q:  When following a knitting pattern what do the instructions k1, p1, psso,  mean?  :laugh:

I posed your question to robot. I think it overheated his CPU.

http://oohlo.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/06/robot.gif

That's waaay out of my wheelhouse, Dee. lol

Take up knitting Shook it's very relaxing, and if not, figured I could always stab myself to death with the needle.  Withdrawal does this to a woman.  :crazy:

I didn't get much past scarves either waves but do know that psso stands for 'pass slip stitch over. 

Hi waves  :),  and reckon it's your go. 

I had this question ready to go, so I'll shoot it off before heading out. Apologies for playing out of turn.

A voodoo sorcerer, called a bokur, is believed to possess powers of black magic. One of those powers is zombification. In Haiti, zombification is a punishment for severe crimes.

A powder is used by a bokur to induce zombification. The active ingredient is a neurotoxin 500 times more potent than cyanide. It acts by blocking the sodium ion channels which enable nerve and heart cells to produce electrical impulses. In miniscule doses it causes a near-death state in which metabolic functions are depressed, so that breathing and pulse rate are undetectable. Total paralysis follows, although the brain and senses remain intact. The victim is thought to be dead and is buried alive.

The neurotoxin, called tetrodotoxin, is produced in the liver and ovaries of some species of what creature?

I'm sure you'll get this. G'night!

I don't know this one! Maybe Dee does. But I had a question ready, so we are going to have 2 live trivia questions! Dee, you gotta get both of them!

Which classic 1953 dystopian novel was originally written as a novella titled "The Fireman", which was written in just 9 days (!!!) on a rented typewriter in a library basement?

You got it! When Ballantine asked Bradbury to turn it into a novel, it took him an additional 9 days in the library to double its length!

I still dunno yours, Shook. Squid? Total guess.

I remember Fahrenheit 451 but didn't know the history. 

Is the fish a Stonefish?  Deadly poison unless gutted and cleaned meticulously by chefs trained in the preparation.  Seen as an art? 

A stone fish inflates when it is threatened. 

Can I look up Stonefish to see if I'm right? 

Robot says yes.  :sick:

* Stonefish don't inflate.  Puffer fish do.  I shouldn't have looked it up, got impatient, but didn't read far enough to see if it was a delicacy.  Patience is a virtue....

Yep, the answer is puffer fish.

width=500 height=333http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-xcJXkqMmm-I/URYganF6nhI/AAAAAAAABvk/tiL5g_HUdc4/s1600/puffer+fish.jpg[/img]

They're not naturally poisonous but eat certain shellfish which are. It then stores as poison in its skin, liver, and ovaries.

fugu-gastroville-com.jpg

Fugu, the Japanese puffer fish, is an expensive dish that's eaten more for the thrill of it than anything else. You can tell your friends, "Hey! I ate fugu and didn't die!".

A source says that in the 1980s, an average of one diner per week died in Japan. The liver, considered by some to be the tastiest part, but also the most poisonous, was banned from being served in restaurants in 1984. Nowadays, fugu poisoning accounts for around six deaths a year, probably due to domestic preparation.

The restaurant preparation of fugu is strictly controlled by law in Japan and several other countries, and only chefs who have qualified after three or more years of rigorous training are allowed to prepare it.

I lived there for 10 years and never had the cojones to try it.

http://fun.stylebaby.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/10/fugu.jpg

The use of the neurotoxin in voodoo is the subject of the 1988 movie The Serpent and the Rainbow, directed by Wes Craven and starring Bill Pullman. The script is loosely based on the non-fiction book of the same name by ethnobotanist Wade Davis, wherein Davis recounted his experiences in Haiti investigating the story of Clairvius Narcisse, who was allegedly poisoned, buried alive, and revived with an herbal brew which produced what was called a zombie.

Serpentandtherainbow.png

On a somewhat lighter note, fugu poisoning was also the subject of an episode of The Simpsons...

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-_SU_Ikab5g

I have an easy one:

Which animal am I?

After birth I am male. Anyone of my family is.

I live in a group of males but our leader is a female!

When our queen dies, the strongest of us switches its sex and becomes our next female leader.

So tell me, - who am I?