Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trivia Game for Benzo Brains (let's heal and have fun at the same time)

[So...]

I would guess Drew's favorite flower is a daisy...is that close?

Pete got it! The daisy is so-named because it is the "day's-eye"!

I knew you would know Drew's favorite flower, Pete! Am I good, or am I good?

Ah! Thank you now I understand (I am German so I did not get the days in daisy:-)) - that was a good one!!!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [So...]

• [Ni...]

• [wa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks! I was tickled and fascinated by it when I heard it. Every once in awhile you hear something that you can't help wanting to tell everyone. Thanks for playing. You should check in again tomorrow, trivia is more fun the more guessers we get!

Also, I love marigolds! Used to love playing with the dead ones as a kid, and so bright and cheery while alive!

Everyone went MIA and I passed out early...you win Waves, it is Spielberg so when the game gets going again, it's your turn to ask.

Is it redundant to say "I knew it!" right after you essentially said that I knew it?

Who cares? I knew it! (!!!)

I knew reading that biography was going to pay off someday (no, I didn't). I always felt close to her because when I was a kid, everyone was always telling me I looked like her. I didn't love it at the time because I didn't want to be Gertie, Elliott's sister, I wanted to be whichever random girl Elliott had a crush on at school! (Still have a mad crush on Henry Thomas, too. Was so excited about Hill House!)

Okay, I will come back later when this place is hoppin' and ask a question. I should have random spaces of time between the appointments today.

In 1882, 100,000 school children wrote to Queen Victoria begging her not to sell what attraction to the Barnum & Bailey Circus?

The elephant ?

Wasnt that "dumbo" or "jumbo" -  the source for the tales about the elephant with the big ears that could fly..? Can be wrong...

Yes, it was "Jumbo"!

Jumbo_poster_1.jpg

Its crazy I solved this! Oh wait, no it was arizona who won, right?

I have fever thanks to a flu. Then I get access to brain areas where I contain stuff I do not need..  :laugh:

What is this type of light fixture called, and from what does it take its name?

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/i/160862461217-0-1/s-l1000.jpg

Light fixture trivia is always a hit at parties.

Answer:

They're called "Sputnik" chandeliers, named for and taking their basic design from the Sputnik 1 satellite launched by the Soviet Union in 1957. It orbited the earth for three weeks before its batteries died, then silently for two more months before falling back into the atmosphere. It was a 58 cm (23 in) diameter polished metal sphere, with four external radio antennas to broadcast radio pulses. Its success began the "Space Race" between the United States and the Soviet Union.

original-Sputnik-1-satellite.jpg

Answer:

It was coined in the mid-1890s to characterize the sensational journalism in the circulation war between rival newspapers New York World and New York Journal. Also called "yellow kid journalism" and "school of yellow kid journalism", named after the popular comic strip that ran in both papers, "The Yellow Kid".

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-5TqSXdHN3nQ/VI_SM7sSBNI/AAAAAAAAGzU/KeoytRYgwcQ/s1600/1896%2B10%2B25%2BYellow%2BKid%2Bcomposit.jpg

When adjusted for inflation (as of 2017), this is what the top ten list of highest-grossing movies looks like.

2 Avatar $3,251,000,000

3 Titanic $3,078,000,000

4 Star Wars $3,041,000,000

5 The Sound of Music $2,547,000,000

6 E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial $2,487,000,000

7 The Ten Commandments $2,354,000,000

8 Doctor Zhivago $2,232,000,000

9 Jaws $2,182,000,000

10 Star Wars: The Force Awakens $2,144,000,000

What's number one?

*sigh*

Which horror movie actor lectured and published books on art, and was also a noted gourmet who published recipe books with his wife, Mary?

Which horror movie actor lectured and published books on art, and was also a noted gourmet who published recipe books with his wife, Mary?

None other than Vincent Price.

vincent-price.png

Who was the narrator and voice of the Grinch?

http://madinbelgrade.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/12/classic-dr-seuss-how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-read-aloud-with-regard-to-how-the-grinch-stole-christmas-full-movie-1966.jpg

http://akns-images.eonline.com/eol_images/Entire_Site/20141117/rs_634x1024-141217151931-rs_634x1024-131203144946-634.grinch-jim-carrey.ls.12313.jpg

Carey played the Grinch in the live-action movie back in 2000. I'm talking about the cartoon all the way back in 1966.

Hint: the actor is most famous for playing another greenish character.