Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trivia Game for Benzo Brains (let's heal and have fun at the same time)

[So...]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [So...]

• [Ni...]

• [wa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Lemme cleanse your palate with a question:

The band Austrian Death Machine used a memorable line from The Running Man as a song title. Name it.

So many Arnie catchphrases...

"Hey Christmas tree!"

"How about a light?"

"I don't do requests."

And yes, he said "I'll be back", to which Richard Dawson replied, "Only in reruns."

But there's another, said after he kills one of the "Stalkers"...

Oh well, here's the answer. Said after he dispatches "Subzero", the Japanese Stalker who turned his victims into, quote, "quivering sushi"...

Here's some trivia. If you're old enough, you'll remember the hard stick of fragrant bubble gum included in packs of trading cards made by the Topps company. Called "bubble gum cards", did you know the cards were originally included to help boost gum sales, and not vice versa?

Topps started as a chewing gum company in 1938. It added cards in 1950 featuring Hopalong Cassidy. When the first baseball cards were made the following year, interest in the gum quickly took a backseat to the cards as they became a hit with collectors. The company received numerous complaints that the gum was either staining the cards or creating an impression in them, sacrificing their "mint" condition. The gum was finally eliminated in 1991.

http://www.sportscardforum.com/articles/wp-content/uploads/2011/01/Topps-pack.jpg

That gum was the worst! It tasted terrible even when I was brand new, and it did destroy some of my GPK cards. Not a fan. Interesting to know the gum was first. If they wanted people to like the gum, why not wrap it in foil or something to keep it fresh and protect the cards. I always felt like the gum was just there to piss me off.

You could chip a tooth they were so stale. Now tempted to open a pack from my Jaws 2 box and remind myself of the taste. Do I dare break the original cellophane tape seal and sacrifice its mint condition?? hehe

e5bc2439584d7a48844b58a2af1734e0.jpg

It's a whole different level of stale now. I tried one not that long ago. Don't do it. I have never had the resolve to keep a box sealed. Opening packs is so fun! But I assume you also have a complete numbered set in addition to your sealed box so you're good.

You assume correctly! I also have the set as an uncut sheet. What's fun about that is you can see the puzzle image on the back. God I'm a nerd.

So which Garbage Pail Kid were you? Not my name, but I identified with TV Stevie. The ones with my name kinda sucked.

http://acidcow.com/pics/20100608/garbage_pail_kids_12.jpg

While on the subject, here's a bit of trivia. There's an infamous card (#207) in the 1977 Star Wars set that's called an "error card". Not a printing error at all, but rather someone in the Topps art department who had some fun with an airbrush and C-3P0. Let's just say it gives new meaning to when Han calls him "golden rod". Might be too risqué to post it here, so look it up for yourself!

http://www.previewsworld.com/SiteImage/CatalogImage/STK678026?type=1

Wow, that is...impressive. It would be terrifying if I didn't know "threepio" to be so polite. I definitely don't have that card in my collection. I would have noticed. Wouldn't I? I was a kid when I got them. Maybe I wouldn't have...

I don't think I ever identified with a GPK card. But all the ones with my name were dumb, too.

Figured you'd come back with something like that. Twenty years on (yikes), I've made peace with it and the other prequels. They are masterworks next to the pile of crap that was "The Last Jedi". I wanted to walk out on it. Abrams could be forgiven for basically remaking A New Hope with dashes of ROTJ, under immense pressure from Disney to please the fanbase (my brother said he felt like a kid again!) and get their investment started on the right foot. But Last Jedi...what wasted potential. I enjoyed Rogue One though, and Solo was a good time-killer. None of them classics.

Calling them masterworks is a joke, but I gather that you're a provocative sort of fellow, so I understand. I liked Last Jedi, but not nearly as well as Rogue One or Solo. Rogue One is probably as good as Empire, though no one will ever admit it, including me. Solo was such fun. I loved Donald Glover as Lando!

HAHAHA

As the page was reloading, it showed me the top of the page for just a moment before it scrolled down, and I saw "you could chip a tooth...", and I momentarily forgot all about the gum, and thought it was in reference to C3PO. I was, for just a second, so scandalized.

I thought you'd gone to bed. Yes, I'm exaggerating, just slightly, to express my utter disappointment in the vacuous Last Jedi. It's crap. Rogue One has gorgeous visuals and a sophistication reminiscent of Empire. Equal to it? Can't agree, and it's not just for nostalgia.

And you have a dirty mind. :)

or8gc.jpg