Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trivia Game for Benzo Brains (let's heal and have fun at the same time)

[So...]

He's definitely worse than George Clooney.  He's worse than Val Kilmer. He's Ben Affleck. There is no worse choice. Except maybe Casey Affleck.

Ugh. *shudder*

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [So...]

• [Ni...]

• [wa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Michael Keaton was fine. Not good, not great, but fine. He didn't ruin the films he was in. Yes, Beetlejuice as Batman is an odd choice, but he was fine.

There is nothing remotely fine about Ben Affleck as Batman. I would literally prefer Carrottop. At least then it would be clear that they are messing with us.

Hurry up and post stuff tomorrow, guys, so when I come back to this thread I don't have to see that photo again. (That was really mean, Shook. I, like, threw up in my mouth a little.)

Here's a question: What film, directed by a renowned chilean-french filmmaker, which was never completed but recently had a documentary made about it, helped to inspire the film Alien?

I can only guess it was Jodorowsky's adaptation of "Dune".

"French comic book artist Moebius"... Bah! Moebius needs no introduction.

Yes, you are correct. Greatest film never made.

Hey, you are the one who thought you needed to say "the anime, Akira", so give me a break. I don't know that your comic knowledge extends beyond American superhero books. Plus someone else may have wanted to answer the question.

And I am not commenting on your dumb avatar, because it is clear that the only way to make it go away is to ignore it.

Another question for you: which three brothers are responsible for a long running series of comic books, started in the 1980's, which has a rock band named after it?

Yes, you are correct. Greatest film never made.

Hey, you are the one who thought you needed to say "the anime, Akira", so give me a break. I don't know that your comic knowledge extends beyond American superhero books. Plus someone else may have wanted to answer the question.

And I am not commenting on your dumb avatar, because it is clear that the only way to make it go away is to ignore it.

Exactly why I said it.  ;)

Moebius has worked for Marvel btw, notably on Silver Surfer.

And I'll take "dumb avatar" as a comment.  ;D

Had this Moebius Iron Man poster long, long ago.

width=500 height=643http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-3ypIb3xjgqg/T1tPp7tmEbI/AAAAAAAADLU/bIti7oTbtH8/s1600/moebius+-+iron+man.jpg[/img]

As to your question, all I can come up with is "Love and Rockets".

moebius-spider-man-1990.jpg

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-lo5Wqdw_KX4/VUZZHgw9_LI/AAAAAAAAGZA/tL2YNhoQC1I/s1600/tumblr_m0ogjuqcxA1qd9jlto6_1280.jpg

moebius-wolverine-1990.jpg

moebius-the-thing-1990.jpg

moebius-punisher-1990.jpg

moebius-electra-1990.jpg

Oh, man, I had no idea. Those are beautiful. I don't really read superhero stuff, I didn't get into comics until adulthood.

You are right about Love and Rockets. Written by "Los Bros Hernandez" (Jaime, Beto, and Mario). My first love in the world of comics.

Whatever the video is, I can't watch it right now. No wifi where I am, and I am the last human on earth with limited data.

Hey guys, got Batman on the brain and wanted to share this bit of trivia.

Bob Kane was long credited as the creator of Batman, and he basked in it, but writer Bill Finger suggested changes to Kane's original design which made him visually compelling and took him from this...

http://weminoredinfilm.files.wordpress.com/2014/03/clock25.jpg

To this, the mysterious and dark knight.

http://vignette3.wikia.nocookie.net/marvel_dc/images/9/94/Batman_Earth-Two_0002.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20111126142946

Bill Finger was an unsung hero and didn't receive proper credit in his lifetime, but is now recognized as the co-creator of Batman. Justice prevails.  :)

They all take place in the future, all based on books, all are to some degree about the effect of technology on humanity...

It has got to be something less obvious. What am I missing?

They're all set in the year 2019! Nerds everywhere are having Blade Runner, Running Man, and Akira viewing parties to celebrate.

blade-runner-2019-the-running-man-2019-akira-2019-zen-39386321.png

http://www.movieposter.com/posters/archive/main/35/MPW-17937