Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trivia Game for Benzo Brains (let's heal and have fun at the same time)

[So...]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [So...]

• [Ni...]

• [wa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

200id_1238_193_w1600.jpg

HUB03%28c%29WWS%20KEY-2000-2000-1125-1125-crop-fill.jpg

Wim Wenders' "Wings of Desire". Widely considered one of the best films to come out of the 80s, as well as one of the best films made in Germany. (It also features a live performance by Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds. Bonus!)

How did this not come up in film school?

City of Angels was a crime against humanity. Way worse than the crow sequel, in my opinion, though I don't think I made it through that, either.

Darnit, Shook, when you delete your posts while I am commenting on them, it makes me look like a lunatic. "Why is she talking about The Crow?" everyone is now wondering.

Oh sure, Wings of Desire. Wim Wenders. It was in my film aesthetics book.

And to the one or two people reading this, Waves, in this particular instance, is not a lunatic. I did delete a couple of posts, in a fit of OCD, to tidy up the thread.

In the 16th century, Portuguese living in the port city of Nagasaki inspired the creation of what popular Japanese dish?

:clap::yippee:

From Wikipedia:

Toward the end of the 16th century, a fritter-cooking technique using flour and eggs as a batter was acquired from Portuguese missionaries and merchants from the region of Alentejo, who resided in Nagasaki. It came about as a way to fulfill the fasting and abstinence rules for Catholics surrounding the quarterly ember days (Latin: Quatuor Tempora). Hence, the etymology of the word, tempura.

Tempura.jpg

Heres a question for you, what comedian popularized a dangerous drug called Miltown, which was the precursor to benzodiazapine?

My batty stepmother and her sister would drive to Mexico so they could boxes of miltown without a prescription. She always complained that I was driving her crazy and now I can see that she was going through interdose withdrawal every day. [1959ish]  Her sister died from liver failure a year later.

Love Me Tender was recorded for RCA Victor, after his popularity broke.

This was his first hit on the Sun Records label that got him noticed by the big boys.

You are correct! He gave the recording to his mother, Gladys, as a late birthday present.

That's a scene from the anime "Akira".