Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trivia Game for Benzo Brains (let's heal and have fun at the same time)

[So...]

Who was originally offered the part of Clarice Starling in "Silence of the Lambs" - in the role that Jodie Foster played?

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [So...]

• [Ni...]

• [wa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Or Michelle Pfeiffer? That seems more likely.

I cannot think of her name without hearing Key and Peele saying it in my head.

Who pursued Tim Burton pretty aggressively for the role of Catwoman, and was actually Bruce Wayne's original love interest in "Batman" until a horse-riding accident forced her out of the role?

Sooooo glad they found their way to Jodie Foster. It wouldn't have been the same with P-Feiffer. She would actually make a better Lecter than a Starling.

Answer: Sean Young. One of her stunts was appearing on the Joan Rivers Show in this Catwoman-wannabe outfit.

2.jpg

You're all-clear to ask a question, Dee!

Long before "Red Dragon" was made with Anthony Hopkins, the novel was adapted for the screen by director Michael Mann and called what?

Hi all,

It's me, Gonna. I've had a brief stay in the hospital due to asthma and bronchitis. But, I'm on the mend and plan to be back at trivia soon.

Just wanted to thank everyone for their words of encouragement when I was first feeling sick. It was really nice to have people say and wish kind things for me. I'm holding on my taper until I feel a bit stronger. Doesn't seem like I've been bothered by the antibiotic, or (shudder) prednisone.

If I've learned one thing during this difficult taper, it's the importance of paying attention and taking care of myself. Especially when so few of the medical providers out there really seem to understand the "benzo problem." So I was good about trusting my gut, being clear about my concerns with cipro, etc. and advocated for myself during this process. I think things went pretty well.

I was telling one doctor in the hospital about my benzo taper, and he said something to the effect of "so you've been having minor withdrawal problems." I said,

"um, yes." I didn't even want to get into the "minor" comment. Just wanted to be sure that I had some control over the antibiotic I was given.

(Minor withdrawal, my ass...!)

Thanks again for your good wishes when I took time off for being sick. I don't know you guys, but it feels friendly here. 

This is trivia/therapy for me:

What's so special about the comic book in my profile pic that I begged my father to buy it for me when I was 12 telling him it was an "investment" and he balked at paying $100 for a comic that today could buy me a new luxury car and I have never forgiven him and remind him every time I see him? Sorry for the run on sentence.  :)

I knew Manhunter, too. I read Red Dragon when I was 11 or 12 and it was an instant favorite. When a friend told me that there was a movie (when I was maybe 19), I was shocked that I had never heard of it. It's a beautifully made film, a better film than the later "Red Dragon", though I think I enjoyed that one more, because it mirrored my experience of the book better. Another question?