Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trivia Game for Benzo Brains (let's heal and have fun at the same time)

[So...]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [So...]

• [Ni...]

• [wa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

OMG, Dee, those are really good too!  Hmmmm.....technically, they are dead.  Perhaps should have distinguished between live and dead body parts?!  Oh, the devil is always in the details!  >:D

Love your new avatar, Dee! Do you want to ask one instead of me?

(My car just stalled out about a mile from my apartment and AAA can't have anyone there for 3 hours so I left the flashers going and walked home to use the bathroom and get a snack. Needless to say, I can't think of any questions right now. :/ )

The devil is in the detail hey, waves?  Wish I had read the fine print on my pack of Valium more closely.  :crazy:

I'm glad you liked my new avatar, I created it in celebration of the day I jumped.  I'm doing well, waves.  Phew! 

OK

Who wrote and directed the classic 1957 movie, (The) "Seventh Seal"? 

I am here but sadly do not have the answer to who directed the 7th Seal...

Hi Dee - how are you doing jump-queen?

I'm doing ok, Pete, and thank you for asking. 

Anxiety and DR are reduced, and I seem more able to think.  Still, there are minor symptoms, nothing like the early days, and hope, predict, that these will improve with time.  Here's hoping. 

Up to me to put in the hard yards, hey?  Do something with my miserable life rather than avoid it. 

There were great psychological benefits (for me) in making the decision to stop.  Tapering was doing my head in, and I know to be advised, but thought I would give it a shot at one milligram.  I threw caution to the wind, and do not regret it.  Hope I don't have to eat my words.  :o

OK, the answer to my question is, Ingmar Bergman, a Swedish director.  Have a look at it Pete, it's really great, particularly if you like chess. 

I reckon it's your turn now Pete.  :)

Yes, waves!  Our posts crossed. 

It's one of my all time favourites. 

You're going to have to toss up for next question.  :laugh:

It's the winner's turn.

I am so glad you are doing better and better Dee - music to my ears. I understand your decision to take the big jump at 1mg - I don't have the guts for that but i still have some tapering to do...and Waves is helping me greatly in that dept.

Keep us updated super-Dee - we are all on your team and I know you got this!

Thanks Pete. 

If you've got waves on your side you couldn't ask for better. 

I know this is trivia thread, but thought it important to write of one woman's experience at cessation.  I thought it was 14 days ago but no, it is 11 days.  Couldn't count properly. 

This is such an subjective experience. 

I haven't walked out scott free Pete, I still have symptoms. 

DR still, anxiety still, eyes hurt, jaw clenching, startle response of a gnat, tinnitus, and my legs a little unstable.  But overall, I'm managing, and can function well.  It is af if my eyes are slowly opening, my mind more stable, able to hold thought. 

In essence, standing in the middle of the world looking around in wonder, saying, WTF happened! 

I know that I am healing now, and it's good.

It has been traumatic as you would know, and think it's going to take me some time to recover from the trauma and trust my environment again.  Not too long I hope. 

Honestly Pete, everything that I'm experiencing now is manageable, and will pass. 

Thanks for the update Dee - I am so glad you are healing and these s/x will improve with time. I really have so much faith that you will be reporting that you are better and better and we will all be here to celebrate with you.

You are a joy to have on this forum - an inspiration and a fun, badass babe to boot!

That's lovely, Pete.  Thank you, badass Pirate who wears black.    8)

Had to delete Darth Vader because he was wearing black.  Wanted you to be the hero Pete. 

waves, it's your go.  💕

I feel like you just called Pete the man in black, which has to be the best compliment you can give a man. So, on that note:

In the unforgettable film The Princess Bride, what are the R.O.U.S.?

Rodents? Of Unusual Size?

I'm just checking in to say hi. Went to the doctor and I have a lung infection. I have so much trouble with Benzo Flu that I think I mistook my actual flu symptoms as w/d. And now it's gone into my lungs. I feel kinda terrible. I'll be back to trivia when I'm feeling better.

Hope you're all doing well.

Oh no gonnagetbetter! It’s crazy what we endure.  Hope that heals quick!  Hope trivia was fun tonight. I keep missing it

Rodents? Of Unusual Size?

I'm just checking in to say hi. Went to the doctor and I have a lung infection. I have so much trouble with Benzo Flu that I think I mistook my actual flu symptoms as w/d. And now it's gone into my lungs. I feel kinda terrible. I'll be back to trivia when I'm feeling better.

Hope you're all doing well.

Aww, so sorry to hear that, Gonna. That happened to me in the fall. These darn drugs suppress your breathing, especially when you are sleeping, which vastly increases the chance of an URI going deep into the lungs. I never thought someone my age could get pneumonia, but these drugs make it possible. In addition to all the common sense stuff that you are surely already doing for yourself, I found "positional drainage" helpful. It sounds gross but it is really just laying down in specific positions to allow gravity along with breathing to help you clear your lungs. I did it right after breathing steam in the shower in the morning and it really helped. Just something to Google if you want an extra tool in your toolbelt. Be well! We'll be thinking about you!

Thats right! Its hard to be active doing withdrawal, but deep breathing and coughing [productive coughing, dont make your throat sore!] is usually sufficient to prevent pneumonia. Postural drainage and chest percussion is something patients get in the hospital. That helps keep the lungs clear. Are you taking antibiotic? I hope that doesn't make w\d worse. Hang in there, get well!    {Im a retired respiratory therapist]

Get well soon Gonna. 

Was really sorry to hear you have lung infection. They can be really debilitating, I know. 

Take really good care of yourself and rest up big time, we'll be here when you get back.  :)

Dee

:smitten:

Captain James T. Kirk. What's his middle name? Hint: Roman emperor.

http://krisrael.files.wordpress.com/2012/07/shatner-3.jpg