Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trivia Game for Benzo Brains (let's heal and have fun at the same time)

[So...]

Well, one is Sweeney Todd, from Stephen Sondheim's broadway musical, so didn't need a score. But name the other one, which Howard Shore scored cuz Elfman and Burton had a falling out.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [So...]

• [Ni...]

• [wa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Bah, I knew that one but was busy delivering cake slices. I was excited to answer but then turned the page and saw you'd done it already.

It's odd, and it might be that my perception is affected by the resulting work, itself, but Ed Wood is the one Burton film that I can't imagine Elfman's score adding anything to.  In fact, I feel like it could have taken something away. (The same could obviously be said about Sweeney Todd, but, not being a fan of the film, or source material, I wouldn't say so, myself. I think the Elfman treatment might have made me like it better.)

K I’m out, only quick visit tonight, had good day, feeling good so I’m going binge watch few documentaries and chillax

We interrupt this trivia game for a quick question...

Nick, toss me some good documentaries, please. I watch them as a distraction from my symptoms. I've watched so many that my queue is almost empty. I'd love your suggestions. Thx.

We now return to our regularly scheduled trivia game.

I usually just type in to YouTube history documentaries, prison documentary, space documentaries, histories greatest mysteries, Egypt’s history, basically that genre and niche I stick too and just randomly pick ones

Thanks, Nick.  I've been watching a lot of mountain climbing docs. I guess I can relate to the challenge right now.  :)

Well if you’re up for a challenge than come play trivia nightly on here instead of a documentary, great distraction

Well if you’re up for a challenge than come play trivia nightly on here instead of a documentary, great distraction

I do come here. But I'm too damned slow to answer any of the questions on time. Gonna keep trying. Google is cheating, right?

Google is benzodiazepines in this thread, stay away lol ask hints use your noggin

I remember when I could use my noggin...  :)

Ok. I'll ask for hints and use whatever part of my noggin is not at the moment fogged beyond recognition.

But I'm still going to find some new documentaries.  :thumbsup:

Ok. Here's a trivia question:

Beethoven dedicated his Symphony No. 3 "Eroica" to "The memory of a great man."

But it was really meant as a dig. The man wasn't dead yet.

Who was the man? And why did Beethoven change his mind about him?

No it wasn’t dumb st all, everyone has different niches and knowledge, we usually as rule of thumb give two hints then if it’s still not answer then tell the correct answer and you win and get to ask next question as well

I think you post and mine were posted at the same time.

Yes it was Napoleon.

He was Beethoven's hero because he thought Napoleon represented what freedom meant. But when Napoleon crowned himself Emperor of France, Beethoven said "he's just a rascal like the rest of them." Napoleon was dead to him. So the dedication was to the memory of what Beethoven thought Napoleon was.

That's throwing some pretty good shade.