Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trivia Game for Benzo Brains (let's heal and have fun at the same time)

[So...]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [So...]

• [Ni...]

• [wa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Dang I always jump on right when you guys go to bed...but that’s good because we all need sleep!! Happeeeeee sleeeep!!

As an INXS fan, I now recall Newton did a kinky photo shoot with them for an album, but they ditched its cold sophistication in favor of something simpler and more in line with the grunge movement in '93.

Answer: 4

It has two pronunciations. One is "shi", which also means "death". The preferred pronunciation is "yon", which is free of any negative connotation.

I meant why does it share the same pronunciation? Just chance? I know nothing about the Japanese language. I know in English sometimes there is more to a story like that.

Good question. I can't say. Same is true for 9. One pronunciation is "ku". "Ku" also means "suffering", so they came up with the kinder/gentler "kyu".

Interesting. Do they have less consonant and vowel souds, I wonder? I am fascinated with language but put all my effort into mastering just the one, sadly.

They don't have L or V sounds. R is substituted for L, so London becomes Rondon. B is substituted for V, so Eva becomes Eba.

Is it Ran? I never thought about it, but I can see it now that I'm thinking about it.

My irony is that I love film (and literature, actually pretty much every art medium, when I think about it), but my interest is so much based on a piece's individual effect on me, and primarily its emotional impact, that I completely suspend disbelief,  immerse myself, and then resist any analysis. I don't ever watch extras about a film, or the making of a film, unless I have either had no emotional response and only academic interest, or if the emotional impact is so strong it cannot be affected by looking at the piece from the outside, so to speak.

A perfect example is David Lynch. Twin Peaks and Blue Velvet and Wild at Heart all had such strong emotional impact for me that it in no way can take away any of their power to look at them as fiction. Whereas his early films like Eraserhead, while fascinating, have so much less emotional impact that nothing is lost there, either. Those close to me can always tell what I thought of a film based on whether I am willing (or even able) to talk about if afterwards. If I am very affected by a film, I often am uncomfortable talking at all, about anything, for a good thirty minutes after, and then want to talk about something else, entirely. For this reason, i would have flunked out of film school, and I am terrible company in an art museum.

This, of course, is just trivia about me, which is interesting to me, as it is with all humans. On that topic, loosely, I have a great poem to share if I can find it...

Here it is:

as I was crawling

through the holes in

a swiss cheese

the other

day it occurred to

me to wonder

what a swiss cheese

would think if

a swiss cheese

could think and after

cogitating for some

time I said to myself

if a swiss cheese

could think

it would think that

a swiss cheese

was the most important

thing in the world

just as everything that

can think at all

does think about itself

Please forgive the lack of capitals and punctuation, as it was written by a cockroach (who was a poet in a previous life) on a typewriter in a newspaper office almost a hundred years ago. If someone can name the cockroach, his cohorts, the columnist who "discovered" his work, and/or the newspaper who published them, I will be extremely impressed. I dare not ask it as a trivia question, just putting it out there.

Is it Ran? I never thought about it, but I can see it now that I'm thinking about it.

Yes, it's Ran. The "fool" is annoying to watch, but I was quite taken with it back in my school days.

Not the faintest idea about the cockroach who authored the poem, but am now reminded of the cockroach/typewriter in Naked Lunch...

NakedLunch199118_zps9ea0aa59.jpg

[de...]

Yes, it's Ran. The "fool" is annoying to watch, but I was quite taken with it back in my school days.

Not the faintest idea about the cockroach who authored the poem, but am now reminded of the cockroach/typewriter in Naked Lunch...

NakedLunch199118_zps9ea0aa59.jpg

Cool!