Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trivia Game for Benzo Brains (let's heal and have fun at the same time)

[So...]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [So...]

• [Ni...]

• [wa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Question:

There's an issue of The Amazing Spider-Man from 1971 that was published without the clearance of the Comics Code Authority and didn't have its stamp on the cover because the story dealt with what sensitive subject?

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/061/960/i02/cca-seal-adv_ff.jpg?1364020798

Answer: drug use.

Here's the story:

This is the first "above ground" comic book to be published without the clearance of the Comic Book Authority Code. At the time of its publication, the Code was strict on depicting drug use in comics, and that any works that featured the use of drugs (regardless of context) would be rejected. Since this story dealt with the negative aspects of drug use and depicts people suffering drug overdoses from drug use, the code rejected the story. Stan Lee felt that the story (which reflected drug use in a negative light) was too good to pass up, and had the story published without Code approval. The story was a milestone story, and due to its success, its publication ultimately led to the loosening of restrictions that the Comic Authority Code imposed on creators in terms of story content.

http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/spiderman96.jpg

[9f...]

Answer: drug use.

Here's the story:

This is the first "above ground" comic book to be published without the clearance of the Comic Book Authority Code. At the time of its publication, the Code was strict on depicting drug use in comics, and that any works that featured the use of drugs (regardless of context) would be rejected. Since this story dealt with the negative aspects of drug use and depicts people suffering drug overdoses from drug use, the code rejected the story. Stan Lee felt that the story (which reflected drug use in a negative light) was too good to pass up, and had the story published without Code approval. The story was a milestone story, and due to its success, its publication ultimately led to the loosening of restrictions that the Comic Authority Code imposed on creators in terms of story content.

http://screenrant.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/11/spiderman96.jpg

Very cool!

you guys are all boring tonight lol so question one:

Steve Martin appeared several time on SNL, which famous ruler did he portray on one of his most memorable performances that also became a hit single too?

Hint: think boy kings??

That's part of the title...I was riffing on the Egypt thing.

I bet Shook knows this.

Another clue: What does AC write about?

This question is for aunt Lois lol

what is the name of the german highway where there is no posted speed limits??

[9f...]

This question is for aunt Lois lol

what is the name of the german highway where there is no posted speed limits??

LOL LOL. The Autobahn of DEATH. LOL

[9f...]

The autobahn is correct! I have been on it....

OUCH.  I hope I'm never on it doing 120 again LOL

Is it really my turn to ask a question?