Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trivia Game for Benzo Brains (let's heal and have fun at the same time)

[So...]

[90...]

Just don't go out in public and start punching random people like our Sandia felt she wanted to do LOL

Insane in the brain is staying home today with the dogs. No punching people!  >:D

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [So...]

• [Ni...]

• [wa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I won't clobber anyone I promise! I am going to try and face the gym...wish me luck!

I love dogs so much - wish I had one now to distract me. I had a black lab names Jet and he lived for 14 years and was so awesome.

[90...]

Nah not tonight, watching movie instant family, great film. Making me miss my old one 😪

Dude. I’m so sorry. 😓 Hugs, Nick.

I have a few minutes before I have to run again. I am currently having a snack of satsumas and mango and Icelandic yogurt, and catching up on dvr'ed At Home with Amy Sedaris. She's a lunatic and I love her.

Here's a question: Who is Amy's also-funny and even-more-famous older brother?

[90...]

(that snack sounds tasty btw)

Yeah it does!!! Just what I was thinking.

I have no idea what the answer is btw

Yep. His first book of essays was Holidays on Ice, but Me Talk Pretty One Day is brilliant. You are up Pete.

If you haven't checked out Amy's show and are interested in watching something so crazy it will distract and confuse you, I highly recommend it.

Also, this is horrific. I just found a hair in my yogurt. A coarse, blonde-white, definitely not mine hair. *shudders*

Side note: I interviewed Amy Sedaris at her apartment years ago and she told me I looked American Indian which I took as a compliment and sadly, according to 23AndMe, I am not even one smidgen American Indian. She also gave me a bag of cake decorations to take home.

Forgot about Christmas on Ice.

Amy was so rad - she gave me desserts and had wallpapered a hallway with candy wrappers from Chinatown (she did it herself). I have interviewed so many people and she always sticks out. And also one of the few interviews where I left with a goodie bag.

I LOVED her show. Jerri Blank is the most epic character ever. I want to rewatch episodes now.

OK - on the literary vibe:

What is the real name of author AJ Finn and what was he recently accused of by the NYT?

[90...]

Side note: I interviewed Amy Sedaris at her apartment years ago and she told me I looked American Indian which I took as a compliment and sadly, according to 23AndMe, I am not even one smidgen American Indian. She also gave me a bag of cake decorations to take home.

Cool story bro!!

I am dreamily living inside of your shared memory of Amy Sedaris. I will carry it with me for the rest of the evening, touching it in the pocket of my mind like a worry stone.

Literally, whenever I get the "what famous people would you like to have dinner with, I always say, with no hesitation, "the Sedaris family". I feel like I know them all already through David's essays. I love Amy's silly craft and cook books, loved Strangers with Candy (still have it all on dvd), loved the book she did with Colbert and Dinello ("Wigfield" - if you haven't seen it you should order a copy), and love her new show on TruTV, "At Home with Amy Sedaris", to which I was referring. I apologize ahead of time that I might try to pry more details from you again later.

About AJ Finn, I remember hearing it was a pen name, that he is somehow involved in publishing and wanted to keep it a secret, and chose a "gender-neutral" name on purpose. I was interested in the book but the pen name thing seemed a bit lame, but I do not remember his real name and haven't heard news of the Times accusing him of anything. What kind of no-goodnik is this guy? What's the story? Or does anyone else know the answer?

I am happy to share the Amy story anytime and will order that book ASAP Waves. I should find the article and somehow post it here (Shook will have to teach me how to do that, like my math with tapering, I can't figure out how to post images on this site).

AJ Finn is really Dan Mallory and his novel The Woman in the Window was in the NYT because evidently he stole the plot and many other things from a writer in Scotland. To add fuel to that fire, The New Yorker did a long article on how Mr. Mallory is basically a liar and was known to tell people he had terminal cancer when he did not and in a Ripley-like fashion, would invent and  reinvent many things about his life. The New Yorker piece is a juicy read.

I did like The Woman in the Window - it's an easy read. They are making it into a movie now with big names like Julianne Moore, Nicole Kidman and Ansel Elgort. So Mallory maybe an idea thief and compulsive liar but he still got rich. Oh well.

Darn spell check changing Dinello to Deniro. Poor Paul, destined to be confused with someone else, even by spellcheck.

Gross! What a slimeball! Ugh, I don't want to put a dollar in the pocket of someone like that. Maybe I could find a copy at a thrift store. God, what a repulsive human being. Who's the Scottish gent he stole it from? I need to look it up. Wait,  was the piece in the New Yorker or the Times?

Sorry. My fault, Shook.

It's still Pete's turn. He had to give the answer to his last question. Did you see the mug I linked you to last night?

I'm headed out to dinner, gents and ladies. Chat later. Do some good trivia-ing so I'll be jealous when I get home and you're all asleep.

Waves - The New Yorker exposes his lying and the NYT exposes his literary theft. The New Yorker is a good read.