Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trivia Game for Benzo Brains (let's heal and have fun at the same time)

[So...]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [So...]

• [Ni...]

• [wa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

"The TV people". It really is so cute.

Love Poltergeist so much. Such a magical mixture of TCM and ET. I might just have to watch it tonight. It's been over a year, it's time.

Which actress was being considered for the part of Carol Ann prior to Heather O'Rourke getting the part?

Hint: Spielberg said he wanted someone "more angelic" but decided to use this actress in the other project he was working on at the time.

I am now sitting down to my 9 o' clock dinner of Thai take out (including Thai iced tea) and Poltergeist. Oh, and I stopped at the Taiwanese bakery on the way home. Total treat night!

"The TV people". It really is so cute.

Love Poltergeist so much. Such a magical mixture of TCM and ET. I might just have to watch it tonight. It's been over a year, it's time.

Which actress was being considered for the part of Carol Ann prior to Heather O'Rourke getting the part?

Here's why:

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-entertainment/films/news/poltergeist-steven-spielberg-director-conspiracy-theory-confirmed-tobe-hooper-a7846651.html

I always assumed that to be the case. Their visual styles are just so different and you can feel Spielberg in the chair most of the time. But without Tobe, it wouldn't have been the film it is, either. In fact, it wouldn't exist at all because doing a ghost story was his idea. Originally Spielberg had roped him into a "darker sequel" to Close Encounters. Granted, I would LOVE to see that film that never was. But I wouldn't trade Poltergeist for it.

That brings me around to commenting on something posted earlier. My Jaws crush was Dreyfuss. It didn't last long, pretty much just Jaws and Close Encounters, but I think I should get some nerd cred for that.

Okay, yeah, you definitely win. Haha. And I'm kinda jealous.

Do you know if there are images or video of the $70,000 alien prototype?

I'm rolling right into #2 now. I agree with you that it's underrated. Kane is terrifying, still.

Since I missed out earlier, loved everyone's birth year choices!

Nick - already gushed on Poltergeist but I also love The Thing! Bought myself the board game last year but haven't gotten the chance to play it yet.

Pete - already asked a trivia question about The Exorcist, so you know I feel about that. It's the film every serious-minded horror film has to hold itself up against.

NMSafe - the irony is, after all this talk of scary movies, I actually find 101 Dalmatians scarier than all of them! How is that a kids movie? Cruella Deville is terrifying!

And mine? Not a surprise, already asked a trivia question (actually two!) about it already.

1979 - Alien

Other favorite movies (no way I can limit myself to 5, sorry):

All the good Star Wars films (I am well aware of which is "best" but I refuse to pick a favorite)

and...

Jaws (duh)

Dark Crystal

Edward Scissorhands

Nightbreed

Pan's Labyrinth

Buffalo 66

Leon: The Professional

Tommy

Dirty Rotten Scoundrels

Adventures of Baron Munchausen

The Fall

Akira Kurosawa's Dreams

Delicatessen

City of Lost Children

[bd...]

Started my own buddy blog , so fellow BUDDIES please go to forum and check it out, much love.

-Nick

Got a link, Nick? I'll check your posts now.

Morning everyone...Nick, stoked for your blog. Will find it now.

Great choices in films Waves.

Catching up on the posts now.

Shout outs to NMSafe and Shook

Hope everyone slept well. I did much better last night.

[bd...]

Morning everyone...Nick, stoked for your blog. Will find it now.

Great choices in films Waves.

Catching up on the posts now.

Shout outs to NMSafe and Shook

Hope everyone slept well. I did much better last night.

Thx, Pete! I slept a solid 6 hours, I'm sure. If I get 6, I'm usually good.  Glad your sleep is getting better-it can make or break a day.

6 is so solid NMSafe - I think I got that around too and it is definitely a game changer. I have way more motivation today - going to shower way earlier than usual and get some stuff done in the snow (not much snow, but still snow).