Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Trivia Game for Benzo Brains (let's heal and have fun at the same time)

[So...]

I've been fascinated with The Shining since I saw the commercial as a 5-year-old and ran away to hide under the kitchen table.

"Tony". I met Danny Lloyd as well as the Grady twins. I know the movie by heart.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Yo...]

• [So...]

• [Ni...]

• [wa...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know. :/

I remember noticing that the number was wrong the first time I watched the movie, but that was before there was such a thing as google. I feel like maybe they fixed it in the TV remake with the Wings guy? It could be some ridiculous code or a silly design choice, but I am guessing that it was logistics. The hotel they shot in had a 237 but no 217? But that seems odd, it's not like it's a 13, why would a hotel not have a 217 if they have a 237? Or it had a 217 and didn't have a 237 and they specifically wanted a "fictional" room? I don't know. I am resisting google, so do tell.

Answer:

The Timberline Lodge, which was used for the exterior shots of the "Overlook Hotel" had a Room 217, and requested the change because they feared that future guests might be afraid to stay in it.

Ahh I learned all these phrases once.  I can’t remember the background on this one.  I’m guessing it had to do with a turkey that didn’t have time to escape winter for some reason? Haha I have no idea. Can’t wait to hear the answer

‘Cold turkey’ is an American expression which originated in the 1920s. It derived from an expressions ‘talking turkey’ and later ‘talking cold turkey’, which meant talking in a straight, no-nonsense sort of way.

That's interesting - wonder how it evolved into abruptly quitting a drug or booze. Someone must have invented it - a doctor or a patient. The term now gives me shivers when I think of benzos.

Haha what? That’s so funny, now I need to do more research and find out how “talking Turkey” started!  Okay how did the phrase “don’t throw the baby out with the bath water” cone from?

I know, because in the 1700s and 1800s families had to share a bath and had only a tub to use and the father went first then mother then kids and so on....then the water got so dirty that when the baby had to use it, it was black and gross so they termed that expression saying don't discard the baby with the used water, just like the term a pot to piss in because they were poor and had no bathrooms so they used a pot to actually piss in etc....you know families also sold their urine too

I binge watch YouTube documentaries some days, find them better than boring TV and watched a documentary on the 1800s where that was listed etc....

Documentaries are way better than regular TV. I want to binge some on YouTube.

I love Nick Broomfield's docs. He made Hollywood Madam about Heidi Fleiss which is really good. And the one on Aihleen Wouronos too. He's a sassy Brit too and is in his own films and it makes them less intense even when they are about serial killers.

I have binge watched serial killers docs, many of them. my favorite or go too usually tends to be history in general or Christianity history or space and technology etc....

Enjoy the market and fresh air!! Its so hard to get out of house, I know I’m gonna wait until I have to pick up kids. I’m on YouTube all day too, sometimes I love going down some crazy rabbit holes on there. 

[b9...]

Enjoy the market and fresh air!! Its so hard to get out of house, I know I’m gonna wait until I have to pick up kids. I’m on YouTube all day too, sometimes I love going down some crazy rabbit holes on there.

I briefly considered assault while I was out today. @@ That won't happen tomorrow or any time soon, I'm betting. Have fun going to the market. I nearly lost it today.

Saige, you seem family orientated like myself, look up the channel "Somers In Alaska" and watch their videos, idk why but I love that channel and watch it everyday