Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Heartbroken

[Gw...]

I had to say goodbye to  my elderly cat last night. He had a good life, he knew he was loved, and he died in my arms. I've had this cat since I first moved into my own place the summer I graduated from college. My friends jokingly called him my familiar because he was always near me. I knew this was coming since he was sick for a little while and not responding well to medicine, but I'm still devastated. Just needed to share.

Gwinna

I am so sorry, I know the love we have for our pets...the same happened with my beloved dog. It is a pain...like all grief that takes time...I snipped some of her hair, and I made a beautiful collage of her pics and a little bunch of her hair...gave me much comfort. 💖 Peace and Healing.

I am so sorry, I know the love we have for our pets...the same happened with my beloved dog. It is a pain...like all grief that takes time...I snipped some of her hair, and I made a beautiful collage of her pics and a little bunch of her hair...gave me much comfort. 💖 Peace and Healing.

Thank you, begood. I like looking at pictures of him when he was younger. He was so skinny by the end (hyperthyroid). I'm sorry about your dog. It helps to not have regrets, and to have closure - it's just still very fresh right now. I kept the name tag from his collar, not sure what I'll do with it yet.

[f7...]

Gwinna, I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat. I am glad he went peacefully, surrounded by your love. I understand how much it hurts.

Our family lost 3 fur babies during my withdrawal period...I still grieve the loss... On better days, I sense them nearby, their love, and smile at all the wonderful memories. (I find great comfort in the Rainbow Bridge idea - I do believe we'll all be together again.)

Wishing you comfort and peace, dear Gwinna.

Gwinna, I'm so sorry for the loss of your cat. I am glad he went peacefully, surrounded by your love. I understand how much it hurts.

Our family lost 3 fur babies during my withdrawal period...I still grieve the loss... On better days, I sense them nearby, their love, and smile at all the wonderful memories. (I find great comfort in the Rainbow Bridge idea - I do believe we'll all be together again.)

Thank you Rubylove.  :smitten:

I had to say goodbye to  my elderly cat last night. He had a good life, he knew he was loved, and he died in my arms. I've had this cat since I first moved into my own place the summer I graduated from college. My friends jokingly called him my familiar because he was always near me. I knew this was coming since he was sick for a little while and not responding well to medicine, but I'm still devastated. Just needed to share.

Gwinna

Oh Gwinna, I am so very sorry, even when you know it is coming, it is still heartbreaking.  He loved you and that love will always be in your heart.  I wish I could give you a big hug and we could cry together.  I've had pets almost all my life and unfortunately have lost many, but as you said, he had a good life, was well loved, and died in your arms.  Grieving especially during wd is hard, but you will get through it in time.  Not everyone one agrees with me, but once you are ready, there are so many cats  and kittens that need a home with love, I know "familiar " would want that for you and the other cat.  Love you Gwinna, you will be in my thoughts .  Hugs and love, Mary 💚❤️💖

I love the idea of the Rainbow Bridge too , but had forgotten it.  Thanks for reminding me ❤️

[f7...]

I love the idea of the Rainbow Bridge too , but had forgotten it.  Thanks for reminding me ❤️

Mary, you're very welcome!

(I had a dream recently of my beloved late grandmother walking across the bridge, a smile on her face - one of our kitties in her arms, the others running around her feet. It had me in tears of joy, as I miss her and them so very much...)

Mary, you're very welcome!

(I had a dream recently of my beloved late grandmother walking across the bridge, a smile on her face - one of our kitties in her arms, the others running around her feet. It had me in tears of joy, as I miss her and them so very much...)

That was a beautiful dream Rubylove🌈

I'm so sorry for your loss Gwinna.  Even when you expect it, it's always hard to take.  Let the coming days bring you some comfort, will keep you in my thoughts.  Many hugs and much love.

:smitten:

ginger127