Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

To quit toxic job and move or not?

[as...]

Long story short. I am looking at quitting my job. My boss and ceo are a nightmare and cause a majority of my stress. Problem is the pay is good, it’s close to home so that’s good for my kids, and I am on fmla with 5 weeks of intermittent leave left. I was offered a job yesterday pay is a little less and drive time is about 45 mins one way. But the job is very appealing and the people seem great. I wouldn’t be elusively for insurance for 90 days so not sure about that. What to do...

Changing jobs can be stressful, and commutes can suck, but a toxic work environment will drive normal people up a wall.

I went from a 11 minute commute to a 38mile/45 minute one with my last job change, so I understand, but get out if you can. YOu can always look for something closer once you've moved out of the toxic place.

And hey, the new place might have work from home options.