Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

How would you use a million dollars.

[Ch...]

Perhaps offer it as a reward if they can PROVE a cure ... I'm guessing you'll still have that million dollars even after a very, very long time?

I would use it just to educate doctors and future patients and hope to keep more people off of benzos.  I'd also probably get a lawyer to deal with the pharmaceutical companies.  I don't think there is any said cure, other than keeping people from staying on benzos or even starting them. 

It's not enough money. Unfortunately! I'd donate the first $500k if there was a possibility of a cure for only a million.

It's like using a water pistol to fight a bushfire.

Would put it toward developing better treatment for those getting off benzos and other psych drugs. Right now a lot are scared and confused and they choose to stay on despite knowing there's no benefit of continued use.

I think a documentary, or money toward one in production. Hopefully “As Perscribed” will help us. I feel like images and seeing people talk about things, their experiences, are powerful. It’s hard to argue with an image/images.

Whatever would get to the widest audience possible emotionally, makes the most sense to me.

I think a documentary, or money toward one in production. Hopefully “As Perscribed” will help us. I feel like images and seeing people talk about things, their experiences, are powerful. It’s hard to argue with an image/images.

Whatever would get to the widest audience possible emotionally, makes the most sense to me.

This... Or pay someone to help me taper  :laugh:

• 3 weeks later...
Awareness billboards on major highways.  Been done on opioids.  No such thing as too much awareness, awareness, awareness.  If any *cures* are ever possible, sweeping it out from under the rug in a major sweep is vital to motivate research and science.