Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

User reviews for Clonazepam

[Sy...]

Has anyone read user reviews for Clonazepam on drugs.com? There's about 23 pages of reviews. It seems there are many positive reviews about it helping people and some have been on it 10 years. There's negative reviews on it as well. The positive reviews really see no point in getting off of it if it's working for them. I'm debating whether to start Lexapro or just stay on Clonazepam since I use it about 2-4 nights a week. Lexapro would be every day. I've been reading reviews on that as well and there are many positive ones and some negative. I don't feel that I can do a lot of the things I do if I don't get my sleep at night and think maybe this pill is helping me get out and enjoy life. Decisions, decisions

I've had friends ask me "if the xanax is working for you, why get off it?"

Well one, I have to go to my doctor once a month now to get the script, and he drug tests me to make sure I'm still taking it.

Two, I don't suddenly want to find myself without it and go through horrendous withdrawals. I discovered the withdrawals are horrendous when I thought "oh, I'll cut one of my two daily doses in half and see how that goes." My taper has been pretty easy compared to what I read on benzobuddies, but I don't want those withdrawal symptoms ever again. And I've had my share of withdrawals from other drugs before too, so withdrawals are not new to me.

Three, is the xanax really working for me? I've had some "hypertensive events" in the last year (i.e. panic attacks) that I've never had in my life. I'm pretty sure these events were caused by the xanax wearing off. 

Don't get me wrong. I started the xanax because I needed something at the time. I knew xanax was habit-forming, but I thought I would just deal with withdrawing when I had to. I didn't realize the withdrawals would be so strong.

That's my 2 cents.