Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Should I change my username?

[co...]

I am wondering if I should change my username or have the admin change my username if it is possible.

I chose a this username randomly, and at the time I was new to all of this and confused.  I am not confused and I am certainly not a user.  I hate taking the Benzos, but I obviously have to taper gradually. 

So I am wondering if my handle has a negative connotation and may affect the way people perceive me or interact with me.

thanks

You should be proud of whatever name you chose, I've found that second-guessing isn't always best. I'd stick to what feels ok for you, don't worry about anything else.

confused, no one thinks badly of anyone for their user name. Some of us were so brain dead when we joined that we had no imagination. Look at my user name -- duh.

Also, I don't think you can change it. A buddy here, a friend of mine, wanted to do that and she had to close her account and open another one under another name. Bummer.

Katz

I don’t think anyone here judges anyone else on their user names.

We are all too focused on our own journeys ...

But I also think, if it bugs you, then ask to have it changed.

One thing to consider though: if you do, a lot of us won’t recognize you  :-[

then ask to have it changed

It doesn't work like that. We're stuck with our user names. The best we can do is close our account and open another one under another name. But then you lose all your posts etc.

Katz

So I am wondering if my handle has a negative connotation and may affect the way people perceive me or interact with me.

I've no preconceived notions of you based upon your name chosen.  My own name is not a happy one, but true nonetheless.  I still suffer damage to my ears deemed permanent by an ENT doctor.

Thanks, everyone.

I don't want to close this account out and open a new one, so I guess I am stuck with this username.  Nothing terrible.  I would not want to be lose the ability to look up my old posts that would come with a closed account, or the ability for other people to do so.