Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

anyone ever try and get ssi or ssdi

[ju...]

im am 32 years old i have a severe agoraphobia  general anxiety disorder and panic disorder this all started when i was 26 years old  now im 32 and ive gotten worse over the years only records i have are from my pcp because i was uninsured those all those years tryed a bunch of different meds only on ativan now but has anyone ever gone through the process i know its different from state to state im in ohio or different from country to country !!  i have not worked in 6 years because of this illness and now im totally house bound the law states that i do met the criteria for applying but id like to know if anyone has gone through this please share your story and let me know id like to file because i have no money and the way things have been going the last 6 years i dont think ill ever be able to work again

Yes I am on SSDI

First used up all my short term disability and long term disability ...policies I paid into at work ...then had to quit.

Go for it. This is a legitimate invisible illness. 

Sorry to hear they are not recognizing the condition you are in and the impact it has on your ability to function on a job. I had gone to the court hearing and was denied. My state of mind is also an issue of mental health - in my case, chronic depression as well as the protracted (28 mo.) Benzo w/d's. However I appealed the case and got the case remanded! It's coming up 5 years since I applied for SSDI. I just hope I can overcome the obstacle - the judges observation of me "you look fine, so you must be fine". If only the judge could jump inside my head for 5 min. He has NO idea -