Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Greedy corporations

[Sy...]

It seems corporations in America are becoming more greedy. Whatever happened to businesses being closed on Sundays and holidays? They take people away from family time and are more interested in money. Black Friday seems like a competition now between companies seeing who can start it earlier. I mean come on. Black Friday on Thanksgiving??  There are employees at my company who never get to spend holidays with their family because they're always at work. Almost everyone is scheduled to work Thanksgiving at my company as if they would rather spend that day supporting billionaires and dealing with crazy people. I know what's important in my life and choose to be with family instead. We have one shot at life to make memories with family. I won't waste it. Happy Thanksgiving everybody. :)

It seems corporations in America are becoming more greedy. Whatever happened to businesses being closed on Sundays and holidays? They take people away from family time and are more interested in money. Black Friday seems like a competition now between companies seeing who can start it earlier. I mean come on. Black Friday on Thanksgiving??  There are employees at my company who never get to spend holidays with their family because they're always at work. Almost everyone is scheduled to work Thanksgiving at my company as if they would rather spend that day supporting billionaires and dealing with crazy people. I know what's important in my life and choose to be with family instead. We have one shot at life to make memories with family. I won't waste it. Happy Thanksgiving everybody. :)

Because Sundays and holidays are not any different than any other day to many consumers.  In other words, consumer demand can just as well be a driving force.  Happy Thanksgiving to you.  :)

Businesses are just doing what businesses are supposed to do- capitalizing on demand from the consumer. No one is forcing employees to work for a certain business, and in that sense employees have a certain amount of control themselves. If your boss makes you work on holidays you can go to work for someone else who doesn't make you work on holidays. If a business can't find good people because of their schedule, they will change.

So if you want to blame someone or something, blame the general public. They are the ones who absolutely *must* get a deal on all of that consumer junk that is going to end up in a thrift store or the garbage in a couple of years. And if you are working for someone and you don't like your schedule, find another job. Vote with your feet.

I know what's important in my life and choose to be with family instead. We have one shot at life to make memories with family. I won't waste it. Happy Thanksgiving everybody. :)

Happy Thanksgiving to you, too :)