Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Sleep

[HS...]

Hello BB

Still struggling with sleep so I was wondering if taking a natural sleep aid with ingredients would help or hurt. Gaba100mg..L-Theanine50mg...Melatonin 6mg

• 2 weeks later...
L-Theanine works very well for me, the low dose of 50mg-100mg is quite effective, and it won't leave me groggy the next day.  I took Melatonin a few times, but it didn't really do anything for me. I haven't taken Gaba, so I don't know if it works.  For me L-Theanine works best.

Hey H

My 2 cents, don’t take the gaba sup it interferes with the reset yer trying to achieve.

Research melatonin, the optimal dose is less than 1 mg. The higher doses are marketing hype.

I take 200mg l theanine occasionally, takes the edge off at night.

I generally practice, nothing is better.....no helpers

Hey H

My 2 cents, don’t take the gaba sup it interferes with the reset yer trying to achieve.

Research melatonin, the optimal dose is less than 1 mg. The higher doses are marketing hype.

I take 200mg l theanine occasionally, takes the edge off at night.

I generally practice, nothing is better.....no helpers

I agree with bernerd1, the lower the dose of Melatonin, the better, 1mg or even 0.5mg will work better than higher doses.  Also, GABA supplement is a no go in my book, never tried and never will,  it's useless, and in fact may hinder the GABA receptors' ability to bounce back and function normally.  I've said it a thousand time on this website, and I'll say it again: we have more than enough of GABA floating in our system and we always will (no artificial supplements needed), it's just that the compromised GABA receptors can't grab onto the natural GABA floating in us and use it like they were meant to do, until they regain their affinity to work properly again.  And that means TIME, and lots of it.  Not an artificially formulated supplement that alleges to bring something that already occurs naturally and plentifully in our bodies anyway (thus no need for supplement) will do it, plus the contents of such supplements are questionable at best, including hidden chemicals and additives.

L-Theanine takes the edge off and helps me sleep, I use it only occasionally, no problem.