Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Bugger! Not just me falling apart.

[Aj...]

So I was lying on the sofa fiddling with iPad and a massive crash came from kitchen.

A shelf, that has been holding up a load of glass wear for 10 years, just randomly fell off my kitchen wall.

Thing is I don’t even care.

My kitchen floor is covered in broken glass and bits of pottery from a beautiful handmade fruit bowl that belonged to my grand mother.

I feel nothing.

Oh, that's a drag....

In some ways when we're dealing with all that we're dealing with -- stuff, even old sentimental treasures, is just stuff!  Or that's what I've come to in this last 18 months.

I'm still sorry you lost your things though Ajusta

SS

Yep! Just stuff.

My bf has cleared it all up.

The sound of all the glass being put in a box for the bin was horrible - made my brain whoosh.

At least I have even less stuff to worry about now.

Yep! Just stuff.

The sound of all the glass being put in a box for the bin was horrible - made my brain whoosh.

I do so love getting rid of stuff.... surrounded by stuff that I collected in my life. Pretty meaningless most of it, a new phase I figure.

Yep! Just stuff.

I am glad you had help to get it cleared up.  Very difficult when you can't even muster up the strength to do that.

What I don’t understand is how a perfectly good shelf that has been holding up stuff for years can just randomly fall off of a wall...

What I don’t understand is how a perfectly good shelf that has been holding up stuff for years can just randomly fall off of a wall...

Ya that's a mystery!

Yep!

It just threw itself off the wall in despair and empathy with my plight.

I kind of like that.... hope you do  :D

Although it may have been a tad more satisfying to smash to glass one piece at a time (or would be for me  ;))

Even my own voice is too loud and distorted inside my own head so smashing glass is out. I’m glad it was over quickly in one go.

• 2 weeks later...