Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Can't wait for the cooler weather

[Fl...]

In Florida we have about 5-6 months of unbearable heat and humidity, a couple of months transition period and 3-4 months of beautiful weather. Thankfully we are on the cusp of entering the transition period. I have noticed a small improvement at night the past week or two but days are still nasty- 90ish degrees with oppressive humidity.

Last year I was building my tiny house and my plan was to finish by October so I would be living on my own again in a nice area when the weather started to cool down. Unfortunately that didn't end up happening and I didn't finish the house until late spring of this year, right around the time the weather turned nasty again.

Words cannot express how excited I am to be settled into my new place in time for the beautiful weather. I can't wait to be able to open up all the doors and windows and let the fresh air in. Can't wait to hang my hammock on the back porch so I can spend some time outdoors when I am at home for a change. Can't wait to be able to go fishing, shoot some pictures or spend the day walking the streets of St Augustine.

How's the weather where you are at? Make me jealous. I know it's starting to cool down up north but unfortunately I still have about 2 months before it starts to get really nice here  :-\

22 degres (celsius). Rain - finally. And god how am I thankful to get some rain. Everything looks like a desert here. Hopefully the trees and plants can recover a little bit.

I hope I get some snow this year. And real cold weather not that wet kind of autumn and winter but I dont care - the heat is gone, yeyyyyy... ;D

Had to put a blanket over me and my dog today and it felt weird after months of heat.

Ready for a hot tea and colder weather.. :thumbsup:

It was 94 here today with a "feels like" temperature of over 100. Miserable. All I want to do is stay in the AC 24/7. That's not healthy.

no, thats not healthy at all. I cannot stand any air conditioning. I cannot stand the artificial air :-[

Even in an airplane I would die.

My dog just did a little trip into the mud outside. thats the other side of rain. mud.  :idiot:

But since she is dying from cancer, I cannot be angry with her any more. It was too funny seeing that grandma in fur "jumping" in that hole full of mud. She smiled. I am now wondering how to get the mud out of the apartment again.  :-\ 

It was 94 here today with a "feels like" temperature of over 100. Miserable. All I want to do is stay in the AC 24/7. That's not healthy.

I hear ya FG!

Was 92 here

Today was the first day in about 5 months that was actually tolerable. It was only a couple of degrees cooler but the humidity was definitely lower and that makes a HUGE difference. How was it on your side of the state, Gard?

Mid 70s during the day Los Angeles. Although it's supposed to climb to mid 80s on Thursday, then back down to mid 70s for the weekend. Mid 60s at night. Humidity 54%.

Mid 70s during the day Los Angeles. Although it's supposed to climb to mid 80s on Thursday, then back down to mid 70s for the weekend. Mid 60s at night. Humidity 54%.

Jealous.