Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Making friends with manatees

[Fl...]

No manatee or mermaid sightings for me.

Haven't been out by the water much lately. It is still hot here and I absolutely have to buckle down and make some more money so I don't end up out on the street so I have been busy with my business and looking into other possible sources of income  :-\

That's the big downside of living on your own.  Bills and paying for stuff.  It's been a huge albatross around my neck for years now since I've been on an SSDI pittance.

That's the big downside of living on your own.  Bills and paying for stuff.  It's been a huge albatross around my neck for years now since I've been on an SSDI pittance.

I guess independence comes with a price. It was nice being able to live with my mom to have that time to recover some without the stress of having major bills but I couldn't do that forever  nor would I have wanted to. I just wish that I had been able to work harder when I was there so I didn't have to stress so much now. This tiny house will really help me out in a few years when it is paid off but it's going to be a struggle until then.

Oh well, that's life as an adult.

• 5 weeks later...
I just saw your post about your encounter with the manatees FloridaGuy-how cool!  Thank you for posting about it and, it brought back some great memories for me from when I lived in Florida as a kid.  So many neat animals there for sure.  One day, my brother and I were walking our dog near a small river cove and our dog started barking.  There were several manatees munching on grass near the river's edge.  They were big but, very calm and didn't seem bothered by us at all.  Hope you get to see some more of them.  Thanks again  :)

Awhile back I was at a marina in the Florida Keys. One of the boats that was docked there had a running fresh water hose laying in the water and a few manatees came up to get a drink  :)

Glad you got to see some more manatees in the Keys  :)  The Keys are so beautiful.  We went snorkeling there and my brother saw a spotted eagle ray.  We stopped in the Everglades and saw a giant snapping turtle and orange and yellow grasshoppers!  I remember the local news would show footage of manatees hanging around nuclear power plant outlet valves in the winter because, the water was warmer.  Hope it didn't bother them.

FG

I love manatees

They seem so gentle. One of our BB's on here lives on E Coast on a canal and he says they swim by  :)

They like to drink out of the hose.