Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Shopping Mania Thread

[6b...]

God I've been buying up a storm!

Clothes skin care, make up, hair cuts, facials, manicures and Christmas presents.  Thank God I've come into a bit of money as of lake otherwise I'd be going bankrupt!

Sara

• 7 months later...
[49...]

Been a while, but since then.

New crystal chandelier  for the kitchen. :)

Magic the gathering cards by the box fulls

Books, Books, Books

Jewelry, especially necklaces

The UPS truck is delivering something today (Forgot what all I ordered) Benzo brain  ::)

Clothes, hats, shoes and more shoes

Grandfather clock

Swag Chandelier for the bedroom

New cell phone, actually two since I last posted here

CD's

DVD's

New TV

And other things...

I shop too much.

Either by window and going out or online

Oh yeah, a new Aquarium with fishes (Tropical) That was pretty dime!

I love Mania   :smitten:

Can't forget taxes

Oh,Sig, I can relate... as soon as I get money in my hands it runs though it like water....

This week...

New makeup/skin care (Clarins) - Expensive!

Costume Jewelery

Manicure/Pedicure

5 new T shirts (Old Navy on sale)

2 new pairs of shorts (Old Navy/Marshalls - cheap)

1 pair J Crew shorts

1 New dressy V neck shirt - The Gap

shampoo and conditioner (not cheap...)

Victoria Secret Bra (not cheap...)

Face Tanner (Cristian Dior)

Good God I feel so embarrassed  :-[  It's like I have to wear something new every day (well, close to it)

What are we gonna do Sig?  It gets me out of the house, walking, lifting, trying on stuff - all good exercise through mostly excruciating pain and weakness.  I can't sit still, but I can't walk for 3 hours a day...

OMG! SHOPPING!  :yippee: 

My shopping was unbelievable. It was thrilling making the purchase but I had so many clothes and so much clutter afterwards. It's like I woke up one day and couldn't believe my eyes. I've been in the process of getting rid of it for the past 1 1/2 years.  I paid so much for some of it and I'm not willing to let it go cheap.  But it's sad how much money I've spent!  ::)

I loved to shop especially for bargains--not extreme couponing mind you :laugh: but it was fun to get bargains. Since this benzo-tapering-withdrawals stuff--I hate to go into a store!!! Thank goodness for Amazon and ebay. When there is almost nothing in the cupboards and frig. I force myself to go to the grocery store--UGH--nightmare. Sometimes, I just go to a drive-through and get something to eat with the a.c. turned on full blast....

Anyhoo-mostly from Amazon--books, cd's, probiotics, Gemini scale, filters(for air purifiers), New Balance Shoes--they fit my big feet :laugh:, etc...

Books, CDs and clothes but the clothes are not for me.  They are for my Build A Bears lol! :)  I am 46 years old and love that store! :)  I have 14 of them all together.

Well Hubby says I am a bit of an impulse shopper.

However recently I bought

spyder stretch ski pants that I am very happy with :)

ski socks with silver thread interwoven under the sole.

atomic skis and K2 poles

handmaid silver butterfly earrings

tiles etc. to repair our termite damaged property & fix up mistakes made by the original builder- :(

Well Hubby says I am a bit of an impulse shopper.

However recently I bought

spyder stretch ski pants that I am very happy with :)

ski socks with silver thread interwoven under the sole.

atomic skis and K2 poles

OMG - years ago when I skied I had Spyder ski pants (with suspenders) , women's Atomic Ski's and K2 Poles - along with Technica custom fitted boots, a Helley Henson Vest and Oakley goggles, and Hot Chili thermals!  I loved my ski gear.  Unfortunately I haven' skied since 2003  :(

Enjoy the slopes this winter!

handmaid silver butterfly earrings

tiles etc. to repair our termite damaged property & fix up mistakes made by the original builder- :(

That's a coincidence Saraann, skiing was never a cheap sport though was it, & lots of stuff to buy for it.

I don't buy so much make up or lotions, but do need an expensive aveda detangler with biripi oil,  for my curly hair, which I seem to go through very quickly at $90.00 a tube.

Skiing has changed a lot, here anyway, with about 60 or 70 percent snowboarders compared to skiers, & even with looking a lot younger than my age about 10 years (& no arthritis or knee ligament damage), there are a few to many young snowboarding guys about, cluttering up the slopes

I find I am not worrying as much when I am skiing but concentrating on not getting any injuries, in flat light etc. I skied with my eldest son yesterday,( who was down for the weekend), & he took me through the trees with little branches and roots everwhere, so I was trying to be extra careful.

I hope that you get to go skiing again soon Saraann, as it is an exhilarating sport 8).

• 2 months later...
Another thread I really enjoy! Thanks Sigma. Would love for it to come back...any I'm a big Amazon and Ebay shopper and use Ebates and Fatwallet too.

Just bought 4 books at what seems like the one bookstore in town, to help me pass the time here at the beach, including Christopher Hitchens "Arguably" which I am enjoying, & the "unauthorised" biography of Aussie" wikileaks" Julian Assange, who seems to stir up a lot of controversy & has got himself in very hot water. :o

Also something by philosopher A. C. Grayling ( goes over stuff I am already familiar with) & some travel book  set in India - Piers Moore Ede- 'All kinds Of Magic"- one man's search for meaning across a modern world.  :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 years later...