Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Pets!

[Eg...]

What kind of pets do you guys have?

Do you find that they help with your anxiety and withdrawal?

I've got quite a few!

A cat, 4 geriatric gerbils, a dwarf hamster and 2 geckos.

I feel like having animals around is really comforting.

I'll post a pic of my crested gecko, Sticky. Any other cute pet pics are welcome!  :smitten:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2lvo2m8.jpg

What kind of pets do you guys have?

Do you find that they help with your anxiety and withdrawal?

I've got quite a few!

A cat, 4 geriatric gerbils, a dwarf hamster and 2 geckos.

I feel like having animals around is really comforting.

I'll post a pic of my crested gecko, Sticky. Any other cute pet pics are welcome!  :smitten:

http://i63.tinypic.com/2lvo2m8.jpg

Oh Sticky is great :laugh:....I'm sure the other 7 are too, what a crew!

So cute!!!

I have a cat, Jade, who is 19. I couldn't live without him. He's warm and so soft, and he's a sweetheart. He used to be quite rowdy in his younger years, but now he's very mellow. He sleeps a lot, though, but always is ready for a hug and snuggle.

YES, definitely he helps with my anxiety! I love pets. They're family to me.

I have a 12 year old cairn terrier. Like Toto on the Wizard of OZ. She's a great distraction for me, especially when she thinks any dog going down the street is out to kill us all. She likes to sit in a cat bed to look out the window. She barks, I take the bed down and she tries to act nonchalant.

Two weeks ago, my son took her fishing with him, his dad and our daughter's 12 year old son. She got into something, perhaps a dead fish near some bushes.  :sick: After dinner that night she started behaving strange, by contorting her back end towards her middle, bobbing her head. I called our vet who said to take her to an ER. I'd been to a local one some years ago and found them somewhat inept, and so decided to call CSU School of Veterinary Medicine. They are a top rate teaching university, but 70 miles away. Got there at 9 pm. She had thrown up on the way, twice. The waiting room had half a dozen people or so, but they took us right in. Ran tests, her hear rate was low, so at 1 am they admitted her to cardiac care. The MRI showed dirt and gravel in her gut. We headed for a motel at 1 am. There were no rooms anywhere in Ft Collins. WE tried six on Harmony Ave,plus the innkeeper tried three others. Who would have thought Ft. Collins would be out of rooms anywhere. Headed home, stopped at Loveland, none there either. I need to open a hotel up there!!

We arrived home at 2:45 am and never could go to sleep. The vet had called twice to report on how Brinna was doing. They sent her home the next day with a heart monitor, which she wore for almost five days before she scratched one side loose. The diagnosis was a partial bowl obstruction caused by the dirt and gravel she swallowed. She recovered fine. We are still awaiting results from the heart monitor she wore.

I didn't need this "distraction" in my life.ha. I said to my son, the dog is like a two year old. She needs to be watched and not let too far out on her leash...ever.  :tickedoff:

I have a 12 year old cairn terrier. Like Toto on the Wizard of OZ. She's a great distraction for me, especially when she thinks any dog going down the street is out to kill us all. She likes to sit in a cat bed to look out the window. She barks, I take the bed down and she tries to act nonchalant.

Two weeks ago, my son took her fishing with him, his dad and our daughter's 12 year old son. She got into something, perhaps a dead fish near some bushes.  :sick: After dinner that night she started behaving strange, by contorting her back end towards her middle, bobbing her head. I called our vet who said to take her to an ER. I'd been to a local one some years ago and found them somewhat inept, and so decided to call CSU School of Veterinary Medicine. They are a top rate teaching university, but 70 miles away. Got there at 9 pm. She had thrown up on the way, twice. The waiting room had half a dozen people or so, but they took us right in. Ran tests, her hear rate was low, so at 1 am they admitted her to cardiac care. The MRI showed dirt and gravel in her gut. We headed for a motel at 1 am. There were no rooms anywhere in Ft Collins. WE tried six on Harmony Ave,plus the innkeeper tried three others. Who would have thought Ft. Collins would be out of rooms anywhere. Headed home, stopped at Loveland, none there either. I need to open a hotel up there!!

We arrived home at 2:45 am and never could go to sleep. The vet had called twice to report on how Brinna was doing. They sent her home the next day with a heart monitor, which she wore for almost five days before she scratched one side loose. The diagnosis was a partial bowl obstruction caused by the dirt and gravel she swallowed. She recovered fine. We are still awaiting results from the heart monitor she wore.

I didn't need this "distraction" in my life.ha. I said to my son, the dog is like a two year old. She needs to be watched and not let too far out on her leash...ever.  :tickedoff:

I'm guessing anyone that drives 70 miles to a vet school loves that kitty an awful lot ;). So glad she is ok :smitten:

oh my god this could have been my and my dog. She is the master of disaster ;D ;D

But they deserve it that we give everything..