Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Chimpanzees disguised as surgeons?

[Ph...]

Yelling, cursing and generally bad behavior in the operating room due to primate alpha-male competition?  Ouch, in more ways than one!

Read all about it, and if you're planning on going under the knife, make sure your surgeon doesn't have a hairy back and a prominent brow-ridge.

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/2018/07/yelling-cursing-less-likely-break-out-operating-rooms-when-female-surgeons-are-present

And then there's this:

“The vast majority of what happens in the operating room is not technical communication,” de Waal says. “It’s gossiping and joking and exchanging information. … All sorts of things happen there—flirting, dancing.”

(Imagining a great SNL skit here.)

Ha, ha!! Went under the knife for carpel tunnel release years ago. It was a fascinating experience! Prior, I told the anesthetist I sometimes threw up after general anesthetic so he must have decided to heavily sedate me rather than give me a full general. I was fascinated watching the surgery as I could view it from the very large light which acted as an effective mirror.

Lol, throughout the procedure the surgeon  boasted about friends visiting who had a $50 something million home in Point Piper (a nice suburb in Sydney), how they had just bought a new Bentley, had 3 wonderful children who went to a very elite school, and she went on and on and on.......(the poor anesthetist seemed bored with "hmm", "ah" ,"ok" replies). Conversely, I was impressed, lol. I knew the school and asked which grades they were currently in; also couldn't help comment on how much I like Bentley's. Lol, she instructed the anesthetist to "Give her some more will you!" Yes, I've heard many people report they tend to be very "relaxed" and "social" in theater.  :o

Ha!

I heard my anestheologist telling the surgeon he’d be in his office checking his portfolio and someone should call him in I had a major drop in blood pressure. Other than that, “don’t bother me.”

Ha, ha!! Went under the knife for carpel tunnel release years ago. It was a fascinating experience! Prior, I told the anesthetist I sometimes threw up after general anesthetic so he must have decided to heavily sedate me rather than give me a full general. I was fascinated watching the surgery as I could view it from the very large light which acted as an effective mirror.

Lol, throughout the procedure the surgeon  boasted about friends visiting who had a $50 something million home in Point Piper (a nice suburb in Sydney), how they had just bought a new Bentley, had 3 wonderful children who went to a very elite school, and she went on and on and on.......(the poor anesthetist seemed bored with "hmm", "ah" ,"ok" replies). Conversely, I was impressed, lol. I knew the school and asked which grades they were currently in; also couldn't help comment on how much I like Bentley's. Lol, she instructed the anesthetist to "Give her some more will you!" Yes, I've heard many people report they tend to be very "relaxed" and "social" in theater.  :o

"Give her some more will you!"    Ha ha...that one really knocks me out !!   

Sorry...  :idiot:

"Give her some more will you!"    Ha ha...that one really knocks me out !!   

Sorry...  :idiot:

:laugh: :laugh: Pun, no doubt intended?  :laugh: :laugh: