Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Shame

[Lo...]

Emily Dickinson

It feels a shame to be Alive

It feels a shame to be Alive—

When Men so brave—are dead—

One envies the Distinguished Dust—

Permitted—such a Head—

The Stone—that tells defending Whom

This Spartan put away

What little of Him we—possessed

In Pawn for Liberty—

The price is great—Sublimely paid—

Do we deserve—a Thing—

That lives—like Dollars—must be piled

Before we may obtain?

Are we that wait—sufficient worth—

That such Enormous Pearl

As life—dissolved be—for Us—

In Battle’s—horrid Bowl?

It may be—a Renown to live—

I think the Man who die—

Those unsustained—Saviors—

Present Divinity—

Thanks.  I myself have had this thought...many times.

"It feels a shame to be Alive—

When Men so brave—are dead—"

Why do I complain?  I have no right.

Fear brings up shame. Shame brings up fear. If we don't complain, then we just bottle it up inside and end up in places that are very, very scary. But who do we complain to? It's a crazy world we live in.

Fear brings up shame. Shame brings up fear. If we don't complain, then we just bottle it up inside and end up in places that are very, very scary. But who do we complain to? It's a crazy world we live in.

After decades of complaining, I've realized that it's futile and unwise.  I've reached an age and condition where there isn't enough time left even to correct the conditions I complain about.  So, I've let them go.  I feel emancipated and free.  It took a long time to arrive at this place.  Surrender can be very therapeutic.

After decades of complaining, I've realized that it's futile and unwise.  I've reached an age and condition where there isn't enough time left even to correct the conditions I complain about.  So, I've let them go.  I feel emancipated and free.  It took a long time to arrive at this place.  Surrender can be very therapeutic.

Yes it can. Takes a lot of time and practice. That's for sure. Dealing with seemingly insolvable chemical conundrums and health conditions that arise directly or indirectly as a result of those extreme states of being requires a lot of surrender, composure and acceptance. That's for sure.

[e5...]

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:  :smitten: