Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Stuff Mom Never Told You

[Ph...]

There's a wonderful site called "Stuff Mom Never Told You."  Tons of categories.  I'll just pick one at random here...whoops, how about that, haha.  SEX !!!

https://www.stuffmomnevertoldyou.com/tags/sex.htm?page=1

Seriously, good stuff.  I learned a ton, albeit way too late....sob.  Like this one, for instance:  "Just in case women's testosterone could use a boost, men pass it along in their saliva during passionate kissing.  That helps explain why men and women spend time kissing as foreplay to sexual intercourse."

Or you can fast forward right to this classic piece:  237 Reasons Humans Have Sex.

https://www.stuffmomnevertoldyou.com/blogs/237-reasons-humans-have-sex.htm

Or try this:  Barbie was a Sex Toy.  (Video)

https://www.stuffmomnevertoldyou.com/videos/smnty-barbie-was-a-sex-toy-video.htm

Cristen deserves an award for this one!  (And anyone able to watch the whole thing deserves an award.)

https://www.stuffmomnevertoldyou.com/videos/smnty-237-reasons-humans-have-sex-video.htm

Lol, after watching Cristen (definitely she should at least win a "Tony" award)  :laugh: all I can say is I've just purchased a Lili doll on eBay for my husband  ;)s-l500.jpg

:laugh:  Whatever works for him, Harmonee...hopefully you'll be a beneficiary !!

Thank you, PhotoBug! I am listening to a podcast about emotional affairs, interesting  :thumbsup:

Right, Julz, this...

https://www.stuffmomnevertoldyou.com/podcasts/emotional-affairs.htm

Good one, as said in the podcast, a recipe for disaster.  Listening now.  The ladies are making good points.  But you know, men and women probably see these things differently.  Men, regardless of what they're saying, just want to get it on.  Women...maybe they just want to be nurtured, complimented, listened to?  Not sure, not a woman.

Blame a lot of this stuff on Facebook and high school reunions!

Cristen deserves an award for this one!  (And anyone able to watch the whole thing deserves an award.)

https://www.stuffmomnevertoldyou.com/videos/smnty-237-reasons-humans-have-sex-video.htm

Lol, after watching Cristen (definitely she should at least win a "Tony" award)  :laugh: all I can say is I've just purchased a Lili doll on eBay for my husband  ;)s-l500.jpg

:laugh:  Whatever works for him, Harmonee...hopefully you'll be a beneficiary !!

Ha, ha.......Beneficiary? I can only think you meant "beneficiary" as in Last Will and Testimony?  :o Lol, I hope the Lili Doll doesn't excite him that much  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

A couple of years before I got sick I got dumped by a girl I was dating after she reconnected with her high school sweetheart at her class reunion.

And don't get me started on the subject of social media. As far as I am concerned this has pretty much single handedly destroyed dating as we know it. And I think my generation has probably been affected by this more than others. Older folks are a little less "connected" through electronics and social media, and younger folks have grown up with this but people of my generation (Gen X) had to deal with this massive shift since we were in our late teens, 20's or early 30's when the internet began to take over and social media and smart phones completely changed the social landscape.

A couple of years before I got sick I got dumped by a girl I was dating after she reconnected with her high school sweetheart at her class reunion.

And don't get me started on the subject of social media. As far as I am concerned this has pretty much single handedly destroyed dating as we know it. And I think my generation has probably been affected by this more than others. Older folks are a little less "connected" through electronics and social media, and younger folks have grown up with this but people of my generation (Gen X) had to deal with this massive shift since we were in our late teens, 20's or early 30's when the internet began to take over and social media and smart phones completely changed the social landscape.

I can relate. Working in software where, as soon as I mastered certain technologies and tools, the new and improved ones would take their place. Rinse and repeat every 2 years. I was actually too busy working on software or doing business analysis or support to really want to spend a whole lot of time with tech when I got home. I used to prefer to hop in a car and go somewhere, take a weekend trip to another town, etc. This benzo stuff stole my ability to move around freely as needs and desires dictate. So, the whole benzo illness happened while I was dealing with too many stressors. It is a problem that ALWAYS happens while being distracted with other things. Like many of you here, I honestly no longer could differentiate if the psych meds were helping me or hurting me or what in the world was going on. Strangely enough, I did some of my best work while in tolerance and tolerance wd, but once I slid into reald wd, my brain turned into a pudding and it's only now that it is getting a bit better. The large curtain is still there, and the knowledge it took me 30 years to acquire is obscured. This really is a rare form of torture.

I did avoid a lot of social media. Being an introvert, I didn't like being a center of attention anywhee. Just didn't care for that. I didn't like if people even knew how I was feeling. Somehow, I was way more comfortable in my skin in my 20's than in my 30's. The late 30's brought a lot of existential fears (which now seem minor compared to what I am dealing with now, but they were significant).

But I do remember connecting to the internet for the first tmie when I was 22 with a 14.4 dialup modem, soon to be replaced with the 28 and then 56. When I was 30, I had broadband connection. I was still very much on top of things technology wise in my early 30's, but, by 35, I was starting to lose interest. Doing music recording via midi and soft synths was one of my favorite hobbies. But then I started going through a lot of stressful stuff and was starting to lose hobbies and considered it a defeat to have to take Ativan. The tranquilizers were something I stopped after brief use at 24 and 29 and didn't want to go back to it. Didn't know how bad it would be, but I didn't want to take something I'd rather avoid. But all the noise and busy life and modern life demands and taking care of a family member caught up with me big time.

I got into computers as a kid (I was 12). Love the stuff. Kept me out of trouble for sure. But when you are an only child and an introvert and heavily into computers and only have a couple of friends around or a bunch of flaky acquaintances, life gets kind of mundane and meaningless. At least, a lot of things make much more sense now and I see how and why I was suffering back then, but the power to change things now is still not there. People say things get better on lower doses, but I yet have to see improvement. Too much time spent on just making it through a single day. Yes, the ativan and valium are down, but I am not even at a 5% where I was before this stuff. I sure have cried quite a few times over this, but I guess I have to grieve for the way things were, and hope for some better version of the future rather than this intense struggle for survival.