Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Mourning Today

[Gw...]

Today is the twenty year anniversary of my mother's death. I was thirteen, and it was very sudden and unexpected. This is a really hard day, and I'm more vulnerable during this taper and withdrawal. I guess I'm just seeking some comfort and support while I'm sad. Thanks.

Gwinna

I think about my parents around their birthdays and the day they died.  Both in 1999.  I find myself talking to them quite a bit , especially if IM having a rough day.  I know how you miss your Mom and my heart goes out to you.  I bet she was a wonderful woman :smitten:

I think about my parents around their birthdays and the day they died.  Both in 1999.  I find myself talking to them quite a bit , especially if IM having a rough day.  I know how you miss your Mom and my heart goes out to you.  I bet she was a wonderful woman :smitten:

Thank you, Mary.  :smitten:

• 2 weeks later...

It must be hard. My mom is 88 years old and I’m dreading this.

It is hard, and no matter how prepared u think u are, you're not.  The only thing that may give u some comfort is if they are in pain, seeing them in pain , with no relief, is really harder than them passing away.  None of it is easy, but it's life :(