Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Blurred Vision, Burning Eyes: This Is a Lasik Success?

[Gr...]

How so very sad. :'( I know for a fact benzos caused serious issues with my vision....as well as other eye related issues/dryness/red eye.

The young man, Max, who took his life....I find very difficult to read about. And now his mother is alone without him....all because of an elective procedure.

Dr. Donnenfeld's comment says it all....In a frequently cited 2016 review paper that this doctor wrote it reads...."the vast majority of Lasik patients were satisfied. He(Dr. Donnenfeld) counsels patients that symptoms like halos and excessive glare may get worse in the short term but improve over time, except in the “rare patient.”

Woe to the "rare patient."

Right?  And how rare is the rare patient not to make a difference in the prescribing/selling procedures?  Very sad indeed.

Right?  And how rare is the rare patient not to make a difference in the prescribing/selling procedures?  Very sad indeed.

It appears profit comes before human kindness/compassion. Maybe it's a lack of knowledge within the profession?

Sounds a bit familiar the Lasik issue/scandal to that of the benzo issue/scandal....

where apparently a good many doctors lack the current knowledge/understanding on the mechanism behind how benzos work. Although there are clues that something is amiss ...like patients dropping like flies. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I checked into lasik a number of years ago, and they would not let me have it done due to dry eyes.

Thank goodness....I'll take glasses any day over burning, blurry, haloed eyes.  :thumbsup:

I had lasix when only the Cleveland clinic offered it. This was many years ago. I have terrible dry eyes now. I’m not sure if it’s benzo related, but my eye doctor said every single patient she has seen with lasix has this problem. My eyes are 20/20 but towards the evening I think they are worse. She scripted me eye drops but they are brand new and cost me $445 a month. I can’t afford it.

I had lasix when only the Cleveland clinic offered it. This was many years ago. I have terrible dry eyes now. I’m not sure if it’s benzo related, but my eye doctor said every single patient she has seen with lasix has this problem. My eyes are 20/20 but towards the evening I think they are worse. She scripted me eye drops but they are brand new and cost me $445 a month. I can’t afford it.

Sorry you are dealing with this problem. Were you warned that dry eyes might be an issue post procedure? I too have very dry eyes. Also red/bloodshot eyes...this symptom appears to slightly improve if I get 7 hours of sleep. That is very rare.

I am almost certain these eye issues are benzo related.

I know for a fact that my blurred vision was caused by the benzos....my reading vision is what was thrashed. It is so discouraging. :(

No I was never told. It was the only place that offered it and I was one of the first people to get it.  I took a chance and was very happy with the results. My dry and blurry eyes started when I was on my full dose, and my two friends who also got it don’t have dry eyes. So who knows? But the eye doctor seemed pretty sure of herself. I also have trouble driving at night.