Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

24 Hours till Thanksgiving...What are you thankful for?

[...]

All,

At midnight in the US, in about 3-4 hours or so in my time zone, it will be 24 hours before the day set aside here as Thanksgiving Day.  We will then allocate 24 hours to consider our blessings.

If you are on the BB website, you may be in pain or suffering and may not think you are particularly blessed.

It's tough to be positive in those circumstances, but whether you believe it or not, you still have reasons to

be thankful.

Specifically, I am thankful for all my Benzobuddies... and for the staff, past, present, and future.

They spend their valuable time, without compensation or expectation of personal gain.

They have been more understanding than any others in my life. 

They have listened to my personal requests for help, and offered me heartfelt sympathy and advice.

They are one of the primary reasons I was able to overcome this devastating problem.  When I was down, they offered me hope and encouragement that was crucial to my recovery.  That is more than any GP or psychiatrist ever did for me.

And they continue to do so, day in and day out, for any and all who ask for help.

Imagine a world without people like those here at BB.

We all have some good reasons to be thankful if we will stop long enough to think about it.

I hope you join me in appreciating BB.

-David

I'll second that David :thumbsup:.  Special thanks to Colin and all the moderators who volunteer their time and energy here at Benzobuddies.  Also, thanks to my wife and son who put up with my benzo blues and patiently had to wait for me to find a way out of the benzo abyss.  And to all you benzobuddies who have been there during the rough times.  One of you recently recommended a book to me about gratitude called "Living Life as a Thank You" by Nina Lesowitz.  Havne't read it yet but look forward to getting it for the holidays.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

Verti

And I'll 3rd that.

Thanks to everyone on the forum and the Mods, Admins. and Colin for this forum. If I had not found this forum with all the information it has, who knows where I would be.

Thankful that I have healed good enough to enjoy this holiday season. (My C/T was after Thanksgiving.)

And yes, thanks to my family and the friends that stuck by me during the rough times, although they didn't understand.

Thanksgiving, man!  Not a good day to be my pants.  ~Kevin James

Have a great Thanksgiving to all,

Mike

What a great thread - it allows us to let the BB moderators and participants to know how grateful we are for THEM!  They truly do give from the heart because who would want to relive this experience through others every day AND stick around to comfort and encourage us who are still fighting our way through this.  It is a gift of love - thank you to ALL of you.

I too am thankful for my family - my husband who continues to give me unfailing support and encouragement and to the others in my family who don't understand this but still call to see how I am.

A grateful heart does help to dull some of our mental and physical pain. 

Love and Gratitude from Hoping2BFree

Like you all, I am very thankful for BB.  Thankful for Colin for his vision of having a site like this, thankful for all mods, admins and buddies, past and present for their love and support.  I'm also thankful for Heather Ashton and her study of benzos and the resulting manual.

This people here are like family to me, so I will be giving thanks for all of you not just tomorrow, but every day. :hug:

Thank you David for starting such a wonderful thread, I too am thankful, BenzoBuddies has given me far more than I've given.  I'm grateful for the understanding and validation I've received and the opportunity to know so many wonderful people. 

This is a great thread, thanks for starting it! I am thankful for BB and all the love and support I have received here. Thank you guys! I am also thankful for my wonderful family and friends and having a roof over my head. Also thankful for my job and being able to work. I am thankful for my health (other then benzo w/d).

Yes, I forgot to thank Heather Ashton.  It's strange how can someone you don't even know can make you feel better and give you hope.

"Thank you, Heather, where ever you are...I am in your debt, Dear Lady!"

(PS...And thanks to my wife too, for sticking with me.)

What a great thread David.

I am thankful for BB as well.  I came here on one of the darkest days of my life, and received such great advice and support from members and mods alike.  They set me on the path to recovery, and I'll always be thankful for that. 

I'd also like to thank my brother, who helped me out during some tough times.

I hope everyone has a wonderful Thanksgiving and holiday season :)

[8c...]

You asked.. not being religious, but Almighty God and Christ! Praise Be!!!

My family.

My friends.

My mind.

My life.

Myself.

My health. (which will get better.) --Hopefully.

My credits  :D

My abilities.

And my cell phone  :smitten:

Keryn.

What a lovely thread  :smitten:  And thank you to all my buddies who said such kind and lovely things about Colin, the Admins and us Mods  :smitten:

These are the things I am thankful for:

My wonderful husband

My three gorgeous kitty's

My health (like Keryn said, it WILL get better  :))

My family & firends (especially my BB friends - you chaps ROCK!)

The laughs I am able to enjoy

The cuddles and hugs from those who care

The lovely home we share together

My hopes for the future

The ability to love

Happy Thanksgiving to all my buddies!!!!!!!!

http://i967.photobucket.com/albums/ae157/Classy44/Halloween_Thanksgiving_Fall/18108216.gif

Thank you, David, and everyone else for your very kind comments. Of course, although the team members do certainly deserve recognition for their hard work and efforts, the community would be nothing without the kind and supporting efforts of all the members. Although it might be a stretch to say that there is never a cross word at this forum, I think it does have a good, kind and supportive atmosphere. :)

Thank you, everyone.

WOW! Great thread! I in no way am religiuos but I am thankful for having a personal relationship with Jesus without him I could do nothing, my family, free nation, warm house, and without doubt my kiddos! I am thankful for my BB friend as well! Happy Thanksgiving!

I would like to join in with all my other buddies here in thanking Colin and all the other moderators for spending hours upon hours of their personal time in helping all of us who need so desperately what they have to offer.  Like Kat, I believe it was the hand of Providence that brought me here at a time when I needed answers so badly.  There has never been a time that I came for help when it was not given. Colin, it is indeed "a good, kind, and supportive atmosphere."  Your design of it never ceases to amaze me!

I am thankful for the technology which makes it possible for us to give and receive help from one another in such an "instant" fashion.

I am thankful for all of the dear people who I have met here from all over the world.

And I am thankful that God has "touched" me through this painful experience and softened my heart as a result.

Much love to you all,

Leena :smitten:

Leena,

I am thankful for the technology which makes it possible for us to give and receive help from one another in such an "instant" fashion.

I wanted to mention how much I agree with your comments about the almost instant contact we have with one another thanks to the internet.

It may actually be the single most important development in the last 1000 years.  I feel like it has helped "save" many folks right here at BB

from the torment and anguish caused by these drugs.

David

• Who's Online (See full list)

• [Pa...]
    • [fa...]
    • [...]
    • [Li...]
    • [Sc...]
    • [...]
    • [Cw...]
    • [es...]
    • [Ki...]
    • [ge...]