Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Lets Share recipes!

[as...]

Yum, Sarah Joy and Skyy! I'm making a grocery list! Thank you.

Just tried Laura's Salmon recipe but used trout since thats what I had. It was wonderful! Best fish I've ever made.

Does anyone have gluten free fish recipes? I don't eat enough fish, because it tastes like fish, can't bread and fry anymore.

Thanks guys!

Flip :smitten:

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [as...]

• [le...]

• [Ka...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Baked ginger lemon salmon with spinach

In a baking pan place a bag of fresh spinach. (just the spinach ,not the bag LOL)

In top of it  place salmon fillets sprinkled with grated ginger root, a tiny bit of grated garlic, salt, black pepper and lemon juice.

pre heat oven at 375 degrees and bake it for 25-30 minutes until the salmon is cooked.

Mash an avocado with lemon juice, black pepper and salt and serve on top of salmon.

I love it with roasted garlic potatoes or mash potatoes yummmmmm.

The credit for this goes to Laura2010, or her mother more accurately. so delicious and nutricious.

Skyy I'm making those eggs, even just for myself, maybe just fewer. I love crab!

This is fun!  :smitten:

I know this isn't a recipe, but I was looking into food with natural magnesium. It is the one nutrient I keep hearing people have no trouble taking and it has so much merit for healing our brains. So here is an article about magnesium~

http://www.livestrong.com/article/22672-foods-contain-magnesium/

I love pumpkin seeds!

Spinach...

salmon

So good for us!

Be well BB's

Sarah~

LOL, Flutter... :laugh:I forget parts of everything all the time these days. I just go with it as best I can. We won't always be so spaced out.  :crazy:

Have you ever noticed though how some of your "goofs" turn into a whole new awesome recipe? I'm going to give you that one. I think lasagna is hard.  :D Lots of ingredients, lots of steps. If I make lasagna there is love going on somewhere!

Happy cooking. What's your favorite recipe?

xoxoxo

Sarah~

Hi Sarah,

Lasagna is a labor of love ...but that lasagna made my family question my good intentions, ha ha  ;D 

Going to fix the recipe you posted for supper tomorrow ...so excited! 

I have a huge sugar tooth (teeth) right now, so my fave recipe is:

Tiger Butter

1 pound of white chocolate

1 12 oz. jar of chunky peanut butter

1 pound of semi-sweet chocolate, melted

*2 pounds of chocolate is a dream come true lol!*

Combine white chocolate and peanut butter in top of a double boiler, bring water to a boil.

Reduce heat to low, cook until chocolate and peanut butter melt, stirring constantly.

Spread onto a jelly roll pan lined with waxed paper.

Pour semi-sweet chocolate over peanut butter mixture and swirl through with a knife.

Chill until firm and cut into pieces.

Super simple ...yet so good!

What's your favorite recipe?

Best wishes to you  :smitten:

Flutter,

That sounds yummy! I need a double boiler....I just bought a fondu pot, thought my kid would think dinner dipped in cheese would be fun. Maybe do that this weekend. I need to get some sterno for it though. Anyone have good recipes for fondu?

I made this this week, super easy (hs to be easy, or its lasagna!) lol

Peach cobbler:

you will need

2 cans of peaches in syrup

1 box of yellow cake mix

1 stick of butter

cinnimon

in an 8x8 pan pour both cans of peaches along with the syrup

on top of that pour the dry yellow cake mix, spread evenly

slice pads of putter to cover the top (I know, you gonna have to walk this off)

and sprinkle cinnimon (cinnemon, cinnomon...you know)

cover with tin and bake at 350 for 1 hour.

Serve with icecream....you know to cut the sweet! So good!

I am obsessed with making my own dressings lately...here's a few:

1/4 cup Olive Oil

1/4 cup Tahini

1/4 cup water

juice of one lemon

1/2 t cumin

salt/pepper to taste

1 tsp or a bit more of Pure Maple Syrup to sweeten it

Mix and refrigerate for up to a few days. 

Other variations:

1/4 cup Olive Oil

1/4 cup Tahini

juice of 1 lemon

salt/pepper

Maple Syrup to taste

1-2 tablespoon of Dijon mustard

Mix and serve! 

AND...

1/4 Olive Oil

1/4 Cup Apple Cider Vinegar or Balsamic Vinegar

1-2T Maple Syrup

Salt/pepper to taste

Curry powder to taste

Mix and serve!

I will roast peppers, onions, potatoes and carrots and drizzle and of these over it.  I even cook up whole grain pasta and drizzle the tahini dressings over it...simple but so yummy.  You can cook up some chickpeas or lentils and throw them in there as well with the pasta.

I don't buy dressings anymore...make my own and i know what goes in them!  And I buy GOOD maple syrup. 

Schatje

Love the idea of mixing in the tahini. I make my own dressings, but haven't added tahini. Will try it!

Lemon Rasberry Muffins, great for Mother's Day!

2 cups all-purpose flour

1 cup sugar

1 tablespoon baking powder

1/2 teaspoon salt

2 eggs, lightly beaten

1 cup buttermilk                      You can make your own Buttermilk, mix one tbsp white vinegar or Lemon 

1/2 cup vegetable oil                juice to 1 cup of milk, let stand for 5 min then use.

1 teaspoon lemon extract

1 cup fresh or frozen raspberries

Directions

In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. In a small bowl, mix eggs, buttermilk, oil and lemon extract. Stir into flour mixture just until moistened. Fold in raspberries. Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups two-thirds full. Bake at 400 degrees F for 20-22 minutes or until center of muffin springs back when lightly touched.

here's one of my favorites...

it's a good substitute for sugary foods.....

1 mashed very ripe banana

heaping overflowing spoonful of yogurt

freshly squeezed lemon juice, about a tbsp

orange juice, about 2 tbsp

dash of vanilla extract

2-3 drops of honey

and for the kicker.....a little bit of full fat (fat is good for you) whipped cream

let me know how you like it!

Tried the recipe you posted, Sarah.  I just have to say that it was so good!  My family loved it and no leftovers to speak of lol.  I didn't mess it up after all, Thank God.

They've been asking when will be the next time we will have that for supper.  Thank you so much for sharing  :)

Hey Flutter,

Was it the salmon one? I can't take credit for that if you did, it's Laura2010's mom's recipe. Give her a shout out on her page. She will love it, said I could post it on her behalf. Wasn't it like the easiest thing? Or the pork one? I had the pork this week too. In fact I had the left overs. Offspring didn't like it. Called it "grown up food! lol"

So funny, when I first started my taper, I was drinking tea for comfort when I couldn't sleep. Laura drank ginger tea and I couldn't find it so she suggested I make my own out of fresh ginger...blik! lol I didn't like it but what to do with all the ginger? So she gave me that awesome recipe.

Don't you love having easy recipes that make you look like a culinary God! lol ;)...I think food is how some people show love. its like that here at my house. Food is an occasion, planning it, preparing eat and dining.  :)

I love this thread.. I just saw Skyy's raspberry and lemon muffins, I gotta print these out, and hang them in kitchen otherwise I forget!

Stanford girl, your salmon recipe looks delish, too. Call me when you are making that! I'm on a 5 ingredients or less cooking regine in benzo recovery! lol

this is so fun.

Healthy day to everyone!

Love,

Sarah~!

Since Im dealing with some hypoglycemic issues as of late, I have been advised that protein is very important here. So here is a protien ridden recipe that is simple, easy and you can freeze in single servings

Oven Omlette

by Sarah joy :smitten:

you will need:

1 cup milk

8 eggs

packaged of diced ham 8 oz (or you can cube your own ham, perhaps a cup or so)

1 cup of shredded cheese (I use mixed mozzerella and mild cheddar, but my Mom uses sharp)

1 tablesppon of instant onion (I forget this ingredient often. lol)

cup of chopped mushrooms (I prefer to chop my own, but can use canned, drain off liquid first)

Directions:

Beat the eggs and milk together.

Add the rest of the ingredients.

Bake in 8X8 Pan (or for thinner pieces 8X11 or whatver that bigger pan size is)

for 40-50 min in 350 degree oven. just make sure it's not runny in the middle.

You can leave out the mushrooms or the ham...and just have cheese and egg, still so good, or add some veggies if you like...this is easy, makes enough and is good warmed up!

So good, and packed with protien. I cut into square servings and place in freezer ziplock bags. Its easy for offspring to get out and warm up in microwave for a fast healthy breakfast...tip, put paper towel over when warming up..sometimes it can explode! lol.

Enjoy ~xoxo

Since Im dealing with some hypoglycemic issues as of late, I have been advised that protein is very important here. So here is a protien ridden recipe that is simple, easy and you can freeze in single servings

Oven Omlette

by Sarah joy :smitten:

you will need:

1 cup milk

8 eggs

packaged of diced ham 8 oz (or you can cube your own ham, perhaps a cup or so)

1 cup of shredded cheese (I use mixed mozzerella and mild cheddar, but my Mom uses sharp)

1 tablesppon of instant onion (I forget this ingredient often. lol)

cup of chopped mushrooms (I prefer to chop my own, but can use canned, drain off liquid first)

Directions:

Beat the eggs and milk together.

Add the rest of the ingredients.

Bake in 8X8 Pan (or for thinner pieces 8X11 or whatver that bigger pan size is)

for 40-50 min in 350 degree oven. just make sure it's not runny in the middle.

You can leave out the mushrooms or the ham...and just have cheese and egg, still so good, or add some veggies if you like...this is easy, makes enough and is good warmed up!

So good, and packed with protien. I cut into square servings and place in freezer ziplock bags. Its easy for offspring to get out and warm up in microwave for a fast healthy breakfast...tip, put paper towel over when warming up..sometimes it can explode! lol.

Enjoy ~xoxo

Sarah,

Made this tonight for dinner and am freezing the rest.  I followed everything as described, just left out the mushrooms (can't have them cause of my headaches) and it was delicious!  Nice and fluffy and filling and packed with protein.  And so easy for my benzo adled brain!  I ate it with some pineapple on the side...yum!  Thanks!    :thumbsup:

Yay! Im glad you liked it! Its a favorite around here...offspring can just warm it up for breakfast and get his brains ready to learn.

I love pineapple. I had mine with canteloup!

Glad you enjoyed it, I'll be over for some later...lol  :crazy:

xoxo

love you

Sarah :smitten:

Pineapple Carrot salad, Kids love this:

Ingredients

1/2 cup raisins

2 cups pineapple tidbits, drained

1 pound carrots, grated

1 cup pineapple yogurt

2 tablespoons white sugar

1/8 teaspoon salt

Directions

Soak raisins in hot water for 30 minutes. Drain and dry.

In a mixing bowl, combine the raisins, pineapple and carrots.

Mix together the yogurt, sugar and salt. Add to carrot mixture; mix well, cover and refrigerate.

Ingredients

1/2 cup raisins

1 pound carrots, grated

1 cup pineapple yogurt

1/8 teaspoon salt

Directions

Mix together the yogurt, sugar and salt. Add to carrot mixture; mix well, cover and refrigerate.

How long it take to grate a pound of carrots? lol. I have a fear of graters.lol. Gratophobia..treat with m&m's 2 packages until someone does it for you, or they make it available already grated~

heart you,

S

Ingredients

1/2 cup raisins

1 pound carrots, grated

1 cup pineapple yogurt

1/8 teaspoon salt

Directions

How long it take to grate a pound of carrots? lol. I have a fear of graters.lol. Gratophobia..treat with m&m's 2 packages until someone does it for you, or they make it available already grated~

heart you,

S

you are a girl after my own heart!  I usually cut the recipe in half and buy already grated carrots at Whole Foods!!  LOL  Love you MORE!

This is a winner! My husband isn't a fan of turkey burger but he loved this recipe. I buy the ground thigh burger instead of breast since it is more flavorful and has a higher fat content which makes for better burgers.

Jerk Turkey Burgers with Mango Slaw

Ingredients

1 pound ground turkey

1 tablespoon jerk seasoning, plus more for sprinkling

1 small green apple, peeled and grated

1/2 cup finely chopped scallions

1/4 cup panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)

Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper

1/4 cup mayonnaise, plus more for brushing

1/4 cup mango chutney, roughly chopped

3 cups shredded green cabbage

1 carrot, shredded

Canola oil, for the grill

4 hamburger buns or challah rolls, split

Directions

Preheat a grill or grill pan to medium high. Mix the turkey, jerk seasoning, apple, 1/4 cup scallions and the panko in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Form into four 1-inch-thick patties and make a small indentation in the middle of each with your thumb to prevent it from puffing up on the grill. Refrigerate.

Whisk the mayonnaise and chutney in a large bowl. Add the cabbage, carrot and the remaining 1/4 cup scallions, season with salt and pepper and toss to coat.

Brush the grill with canola oil. Grill the turkey patties until browned and cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes per side.

Brush the cut sides of the buns with mayonnaise and sprinkle with jerk seasoning; toast on the grill, about 30 seconds. Serve the burgers and slaw on the buns.

Here's another winner. For the past several months I've had a heck of a time digesting red meat and even chicken some of the time so I've been scouring the internet looking for vegetarian recipes. I've heard a lot of good things about quinoa so I thought I would give this a try since it had a four out of four fork rating. It was surprisingly tasty. I added grated carrots and zucchini and substituted feta for the parmesan as suggested by some of the reviewers. This one is a keeper.

Little Quinoa Patties

2 1/2 cups/12 oz/340 g cooked quinoa, at room temperature

4 large eggs, beaten

1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt

1/3 cup/.5 oz /15 g finely chopped fresh chives

1 yellow or white onion, finely chopped

1/3 cup/.5 oz/15 g freshly grated Parmesan or Gruyère cheese

3 cloves garlic, finely chopped

1 cup/3.5 oz /100 g whole grain bread crumbs, plus more if needed

Water, if needed

1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil or clarified butter

Combine the quinoa, eggs, and salt in a medium bowl. Stir in the chives, onion, cheese, and garlic. Add the bread crumbs, stir, and let sit for a few minutes so the crumbs can absorb some of the moisture. At this point, you should have a mixture you can easily form into twelve 1-inch/2.5cm thick patties. I err on the very moist side because it makes for a not-overly-dry patty, but you can add more bread crumbs, a bit at a time, to firm up the mixture, if need be. Conversely, a bit more beaten egg or water can be used to moisten the mixture.

Heat the oil in a large, heavy skillet over medium-low heat, add 6 patties, if they'll fit with some room between each, cover, and cook for 7 to 10 minutes, until the bottoms are deeply browned. Turn up the heat if there is no browning after 10 minutes and continue to cook until the patties are browned. Carefully flip the patties with a spatula and cook the second sides for 7 minutes, or until golden. Remove from the skillet and cool on a wire rack while you cook the remaining patties. Alternatively, the quinoa mixture keeps nicely in the refrigerator for a few days; you can cook patties to order, if you prefer.

To cook quinoa:

Combine 2 cups/12 oz/340 g of well-rinsed uncooked quinoa with 3 cups / 700 ml water and 1/2 teaspoon fine-grain sea salt in a medium saucepan. Bring to a boil, cover, decrease the heat, and simmer for 25 to 30 minutes, until the quinoa is tender and you can see the little quinoa curlicues.

Here is another great recipe find. It's a little labor intensive but worth every minute of your time.

Salmon and Sweet Potato Cakes with Agrodolce Relish and Arugula

Ingredients

1 large sweet potato, peeled and cut into small chunks

Salt

3 (6-ounce) pieces salmon fillet

1 cup white wine

1 bay leaf

Freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon seafood seasoning, a palmful (recommended: Old Bay)

1 1/2 cups cracker crumbs (recommended: Saltines)

1 egg, lightly beaten

1 tablespoon finely chopped thyme leaves

1 tablespoon hot sauce

2 scallions, finely chopped

3 to 4 tablespoons finely chopped fresh dill

3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil

1 small red onion, thinly sliced

2 small ribs celery, finely chopped

2 cloves garlic, chopped

1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved or quartered

2 tablespoons red wine vinegar

1 rounded teaspoon sugar

4 cups arugula or baby arugula leaves

Directions

Put the potatoes in a small pot, cover with water, and bring to a boil over high heat. Salt the water and cook until tender, 10 to 12 minutes. Drain, then return the potatoes to the pot and mash.

Meanwhile, put the salmon fillets in a skillet with the wine, bay leaf, and enough water to come up to the top of the fillets, but do not cover. Bring to a boil over medium heat, then reduce heat to a simmer and poach until opaque about 8 to 10 minutes. Remove the skin and transfer the salmon to a bowl. Flake the fish with a fork and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Add the mashed sweet potatoes to the bowl along with the seafood seasoning, half of the cracker crumbs, the egg, thyme, hot sauce, scallions, and dill. Mix to combine. The fish cake mixture needs to be just firm enough to mold into cakes. If its too wet, add a few more crumbs.

Heat 2 skillets, side by side, 1 with 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil (2 turns of the pan) over medium heat, the other with 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil (a turn of the pan) over medium-high heat. Form the salmon mixture into 4 (4-inch) patties, coat in the remaining crumbs, and then add them to the first pan. Cook the fish cakes until light golden, about 2 to 3 minutes on each side. Add the red onions, celery, and garlic to the second pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes. Add the tomatoes, season with salt and pepper, to taste, and cook 2 minutes more. Stir the vinegar into the sauce, then sprinkle the sugar over top and toss to coat the tomatoes. And arugula.

Arrange the fish cakes on individual serving plates alongside the arugula. Top with the agrodolce relish and serve.

legos,

Wow thanks for these, they sound wonderful.  I'm going to print them off and try them soon.

pianogirl

Chicken Salad from Sarah's house

Im not a big onion person, but I love this for some reason. Since its just me and offspring everyone that knows me has had this at least once then requests it....once again, its shamefully simple....;) and probably not unlike the chicken salad you make~

I grill 4 chicken breasts/or you can boil for simplicity, the grilled taste is the best. I usually grill up an entire bag at one time and use for enchaladas or on my salads to add protein, nice to keep it done up

Ok 4 chicken breasts cubes

1/2 cup (or more to taste) miracle whip

4 chopped celery stalks

5 green onions chopped up the green stalk

1/4 cup of sliced pecans

seasoned salt to taste

seasoned pepper to taste

and dill, like 5 shakes (Idk, maybe a tablespoon, enough so you can taste it)

(PS, if you add parsley, like 3 tablespoon, it will keep the onion out of your breath. did you know that parsley is a natural breath freshener?...now you do! your welcome~)

I serve it with sliced just this side of ripe avacado and butter crackers~

I recently added pomegranite seeds...that was fantastic as the opposing flavors were amazing.

.....Pomegranite disclaimer...I can purchase this at my healthfood store already seeded....but if you would like to seed one yourself....much resept from this chef~

This is a delicious summer lunch and is better the second day~and even better shared over chit chat~

bon apetit', my BB's

Sarah :smitten:

note