Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Lets Share recipes!

[as...]

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [as...]

• [le...]

• [Ka...]

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried it last night, very tasty. Got it off the Whole Foods website.

I love Whole Foods!

I'll definitely give these a whirl once I'm over the crud.  Thank you! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Made this last night and it was delish!  Would be a good "special occasion" meal. remember, lamb should always be served medium rare to medium. Overcook it and it's ruined. ;)

Rack of Lamb with Fresh Fig Chutney

Ingredients

• 1 rack of lamb, trimmed and frenched (about 1 1/2 pounds) I bought mine from Williams Sonoma

• 3/4 teaspoon salt

• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

• 1 tablespoons vegetable oil

• 2 - 4 tablespoons Dijon mustard

• 2 teaspoons minced garlic

• 1/4 cup seasoned bread crumbs

• 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan

• Fig Chutney, recipe follows, optional

Directions

Season rack of lamb well on all sides with salt and pepper. Heat a large skillet (I used cast iron) over high heat and, when hot, add the oil. When the oil is almost smoking, add the rack of lamb and brown well on all sides, about 6 minutes. Transfer the lamb to a plate and set aside to cool slightly before proceeding.

Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.

Using the back of a spoon, spread the mustard evenly over all sides of the lamb. Spread the minced garlic over the lamb in the same manner.

In a small mixing bowl combine the breadcrumbs and grated cheese and toss to thoroughly combine. Using your hands or a spoon, spread the breadcrumb mixture evenly all over the lamb, pressing so that the crumbs adhere to the meat.

Place the rack of lamb on a baking sheet ( or back in cast iron skillet) and bake for 12 to 15 minutes for medium-rare (130 degrees). Allow lamb to sit for 5 to 10 minutes before carving into chops to serve.

Serve with some of the Fig Chutney, if desired.

Fresh Fig Chutney:

2 1/2 cups red wine vinegar

1/2 pound light brown sugar

1 onion, chopped

1/4 cup chopped fresh ginger

1 1/2 teaspoons yellow mustard seeds

1/4 lemon, zested

1/2 cinnamon stick

1 3/4 teaspoons salt

1/4 teaspoon ground allspice

1/8 teaspoon ground cloves

1 1/4 pounds firm, slightly underripe fresh figs, rinsed, stems removed and halved

In a large saucepan combine the vinegar, sugar, onion, ginger, mustard seeds, lemon zest, cinnamon stick, salt, allspice, and cloves and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until mixture is thickened and reduced by 2/3, forming a thick syrup. Add the figs and cook gently until the figs are very soft and beginning to fall apart and most of the liquid they've given off has evaporated, about 30 minutes.

Transfer the chutney to a non-reactive container and allow to come to room temperature before serving. The chutney may be made up to 3 weeks in advance and stored in the refrigerator in an airtight container. (Alternately, hot chutney may be ladled into hot sterilized canning jars and processed in a hot-water bath according to manufacturer's directions.)

Yield: about 2 1/2 pints

Legos, I forgot to telyou that we tried your recipe for swet potato and black bean enchiladas. 

With a fe minor adjustments to the seasonings, it came out perfect!  Thank you! :-*

Roasted Garlic

Regular garlic

Olive oil

Salt and pepper

Heat oven to 425

Cut tops off of garlic, set in a shallow baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, cover with foil and bake for 30 min covered and 15 additional mins uncovered.

That's it, so easy and soooo good!!

We serve it with Brie cheese and crackers.

Roasted Garlic

Regular garlic

Olive oil

Salt and pepper

Heat oven to 425

Cut tops off of garlic, set in a shallow baking dish, drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper, cover with foil and bake for 30 min covered and 15 additional mins uncovered.

That's it, so easy and soooo good!!

We serve it with Brie cheese and crackers.

YUMMMM I LOVE GARLIC!!!!!!  :smitten: :smitten: :smitten: Thanks!! :)

• 3 weeks later...

Made this for V-Day.  Served with roasted asparagus and boiled baby red potatoes.

Chicken Marsala (can also use veal)

Ingredients

• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour

• 1 tablespoon Essence (this is Emeril Lagasse's Bayou Blast)

• 2 (6 to 8-ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut in halves and pounded thin

• 1 tablespoon olive oil

• 4 tablespoons butter

• 3 cups sliced mushrooms (cremini, oyster, shiitake)

• 3/4 cup Marsala

• 1 cup chicken stock

• Salt and freshly ground black pepper

• Chopped chives, for garnish

Directions

In a shallow bowl or plate combine the flour and Essence and stir to combine thoroughly. Quickly dredge the chicken breast halves in the seasoned flour mixture, shaking to remove any excess flour.

Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until very hot but not smoking. Add 1 tablespoon of the butter and cook the chicken breasts until golden brown on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and set aside.

Add 1 tablespoon of the remaining butter to the pan and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring frequently, until mushrooms are golden brown around the edges and have given off their liquid.

Add the Marsala wine and bring to a boil, scraping to remove any browned bits from the bottom of the pan. When the wine has reduced by half, add the chicken stock and cook for 3 minutes, or until the sauce has thickened slightly.

Lower the heat to medium and return the chicken breasts to the pan and continue to cook until they are cooked through and the sauce has thickened, about 5 to 6 minutes. Swirl in the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter, add salt and pepper, to taste. Garnish with chopped chives and serve immediately.

Thanks Missy. We love Chicken Marsala. I'll have to give this one a try.

Here's one that you might enjoy. I substituted the chops with boneless chicken and thickened up the sauce.

Pork Chops with Cherry Mustard Sauce

Pork pairs well with the sweet tartness of fruit, especially cherries. Here, fresh cherries add fullness of flavor and texture to a savory white wine sauce slightly thickened with a bit of tangy Dijon mustard. If you can't find fresh cherries, dried will do, making this recipe a favorite for any season.

Ingredients

2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil

8 (6- to 8-ounce) bone-in pork chops

Salt and pepper to taste

1 cup dry white wine

1 teaspoon Dijon mustard

1/2 pound cherries, halved and pitted (or 1/2 cup dried cherries, soaked in hot water for 10 minutes and drained)

2 teaspoons unsalted butter (optional)

Method

Preheat oven to 200°F. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Lightly season pork chops with salt and pepper, then add to skillet, working in batches if needed, and cook until golden brown on both sides. Transfer to an oven-proof platter or baking sheet and keep warm in oven.

Deglaze skillet with wine, scraping up browned bits, and reduce heat to medium. Stir in mustard, then add cherries. Season with salt and pepper. When sauce begins to bubble, return pork to skillet, spooning sauce over the top, cover and reduce heat to medium low. Cook about 5 minutes, then rearrange pork so the chops on the bottom are now on the top, and spoon sauce over. Cover and cook an additional 5 minutes or more, until pork is cooked through but still very slightly pink inside. (Test by cutting into the thickest part of one chop with a knife). Remove chops to serving platter or individual plates.

Melt butter into remaining sauce in skillet, then spoon over pork and serve.

I just saw the talk about cheesecake in the shout box and thought.. hmmm what would it be like mixing the two most amazing desserts together???

THIS LOOKS SOOOO GOOOD!!!!!

http://www.bakeorbreak.com/recipes/2007/11/18/pecan-pie-cheesecake/

ooo cant for get the link with the picture!

http://www.bakeorbreak.com/2007/11/pecan-pie-cheesecake/

• 3 weeks later...

Made this last night and served it with coconut rice and sauteed sugar snap peas.  Outstanding!  I used an All Clad grill pan (2 burners), but I'm sure it's even better on an outdoor grill.http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Decor%20Smileys/Food%20Smileys/th1sm211grill.gif

Spicy Pork Tenderloin with Pineapple Salsa

Ingredients

• 2 (1-pound) pork tenderloins, trimmed of fat and silver skin

• 6 tablespoons olive oil 

• 1 tablespoon ground chipotle chili powder

• 2 teaspoons salt , plus a pinch

• 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

• 1 teaspoon dried Mexican oregano, crumbled

• 1 1/2 tablespoons minced garlic

• 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice

• 1 pineapple, peeled and cut crosswise into 1/2-inch slices

• 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion

• 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced

• 2 tablespoons minced red bell pepper

Directions

Preheat grill or a grill pan to high.

Rub the pork tenderloins all over with 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, then sprinkle evenly with the chipotle chili powder, 2 teaspoons of the salt, the pepper, and the oregano. Rub the tenderloins well with the garlic and drizzle 2 tablespoons of the lime juice over all. Place in plastic bag and allow the tenderloins to sit, refrigerated, for 45 minutes before cooking.

Brush the pineapple slices lightly with 1 tablespoon of the olive oil, then place the pineapple slices on the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until softened slightly and nicely marked by the grill, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove from the grill and allow to cool to room temperature. Dice the pineapple slices (discard the tough core portions) and place in a medium non-reactive bowl. Add the red onion, remaining 2 tablespoons of lime juice, remaining 2 tablespoons of olive oil, remaining pinch of salt, jalapeno peppers, red bell pepper, and chopped cilantro and stir to combine. Set aside while you grill the pork.

Place the tenderloins on the hottest part of the grill and cook, turning occasionally, until well browned on all sides, about 10 minutes. Reduce the grill temperature to low and continue to cook, turning occasionally, until a thermometer inserted into the center registers 145 degrees F. Remove the tenderloins from the grill and allow to sit, loosely covered, for 5 to 10 minutes before serving.  Slice the tenderloins on the diagonal and serve with the grilled pineapple salsa and fresh cilantro sprigs. 

[21...]

I think I've been here before. Here is one of my recipe's. Of course with my hunger monster...

Banana Sandwich!

Slice a Banana and put it on bread, it's good, you can blend the banana if you want to spread it on the bread.

Thank goodness for Gwen Stefani, or I would not be able to spell Banana.

Keryn.

yummy veggies!

how ever much amount that you can eat of Chopped veggies ( i usually use broccoli, cauliflower, carrots and onions)

Pam spray

2 tablespoons of Newmans Own light balsamic salad dressing.

1/4-1/2 shredded cheese ( I use Kraft fat free shredded cheddar)

spray frying pan with Pam spray and heat on a little above medium heat

toss in veggies and dressing and stir

cover with lid

let it steam for 4-5 minutes I like my veggies with some crunch so time depending your like

Sprinkle with salt and pepper

Put on plate

top with shredded cheese and microwave for 20-30 seconds

ENJOY!!!! This is soo yummy i eat it almost every day for lunch!!

Ps--- if just veggies are to boring for you I'm sure this would be excellent with chicken breast in the mix!!

• 3 weeks later...

Chicken Picatta courtesy of Sara Moulton

This is good served with steamed or sauteed asparagus or sugar snap peas, and rice pilaf or quinoa.

Ingredients

• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, about 6 ounces each

• 1/2 cup all-purpose flour

• 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt

• 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

• 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil plus 2 tablespoons butter for sauteeing

• 1 cup chicken stock, preferably homemade

• ½ cup dry white wine

• 2-4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (depends on how lemony you want it)

• 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into small pieces

• 1 tablespoon drained bottled capers, rinsed and chopped

• Additional kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

• Thin slices lemon and chopped fresh parsley leaves, for garnish

Directions

Sprinkle a small amount of water on a large plastic sheet of plastic wrap. Place 2 of the breast halves on top of the plastic and sprinkle again with water. Cover with another sheet of plastic wrap and pound with a rolling pin or meat pounder until about 1/4-inch thick. Repeat with the remaining 2 breast halves.

Mix the flour with the salt and pepper in a shallow pie plate. Heat 1 ½ tablesppons olive oil and 1 tablespoon butter in a large skillet over medium-high heat until almost smoking. Working in 2 batches, place the chicken in the flour mixture and turn to coat on all sides. Shake off the excess flour and add to the skillet. Cook until lightly browned and cooked through, 3 to 4 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate or platter and cover loosely with foil. Repeat with the remaining 1 ½ tablespoon oil, 1 tablespoon butter, and chicken.

Pour off the fat from the skillet and return the skillet to the heat. Add the chicken stock, wine and lemon juice. Increase the heat to high and bring to a boil, stirring to pick up and browned bits in the bottom of the pan. Simmer for 3 minutes or more until slightly reduced.  Return the chicken to the skillet and simmer, turning often, until warmed through and the sauce is thickened, about 2 to 4 minutes. Add the cut up butter and the capers. Season with salt ( if needed) and pepper and heat just until the butter has melted. Serve on warmed plates with a spoonful of the skillet sauce, topped with lemon slices and parsley.

[ae...]

Breakfast Pizza

Ingredients

1 storebought pizza dough

2 tablespoons butter, melted

4 tablespoons Cinnamon-Sugar, divided, recipe follows

2 cups mascarpone cheese

1 tablespoon heavy cream

2 tablespoons lemon juice

1 teaspoon lemon zest (from 1 lemon)

2 cups mixed berries

Directions

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.

Using a rolling pin, roll out the pizza dough to a thickness of about 1/4 inch. Transfer the pizza dough to the lined baking sheet and brush the dough with the melted butter. Sprinkle with 2 tablespoons Cinnamon-Sugar and bake until golden brown, about 10 to 15 minutes. Cool the pizza crust on a wire rack.

Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix together the cheese, cream, lemon juice, and zest.

Spread the cheese mixture over the cooled crust. Top with mixed berries and sprinkle with the remaining Cinnamon-Sugar. Slice like a pizza and serve.

Cinnamon-Sugar:

1 vanilla bean

1/2 cup sugar

1 tablespoon ground cinnamon

Cut the vanilla bean in half, lengthwise. Using the back of a knife, scrape along the inside of the vanilla bean to collect the seeds. Scrape vanilla bean seeds into a small bowl. Add sugar and cinnamon and stir to combine. Set aside in a small serving bowl.

And I got it from Food Network (dot) com

S#

[ae...]

Macaroni and Cheese Carbonara

Ingredients

Unsalted butter, for the baking dish

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 1-inch-thick slice pancetta, cut into small dice

4 cloves garlic, finely chopped

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

5 cups whole milk, or more if needed, hot

4 large egg yolks, lightly whisked

2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

2 cups (8 ounces) grated asiago cheese, plus more for the top

1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) grated Irish white cheddar cheese, plus more for the top

1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) grated American cheddar cheese, plus more for the top

1 cup (4 ounces) grated aged fontina cheese, plus more for the top

1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for the top

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked just under al dente

1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 10-by-10-by-2-inch baking dish and set it aside.

Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels.

Add the garlic to the fat in the pan and cook until lightly golden brown, 1 minute. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the hot milk, raise the heat to high and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, 3 to about 5 minutes. Whisk in the eggs until incorporated and let cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the thyme, cayenne and all the different cheeses until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper. If the mixture appears too thick, add additional warm milk, 1/4 cup at a time.

Put the cooked macaroni in a large bowl, add the cheese sauce, reserved pancetta, and the parsley, and stir until combined. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.

Combine an additional 1/4 cup each asiago, cheddars, fontina and parmesan in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over the top. Bake until the dish is heated through and the top is a light golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.

Food Network (dot) com

S#

Funny you should post this.  It's one of our favorite mac and cheese recipes, except I use New York white cheddar instead of Irish white cheddar, and I add a couple of grates of whole nutmeg along with the cayenne  :thumbsup:

[ae...]

Funny you should post this.  It's one of our favorite mac and cheese recipes, except I use New York white cheddar instead of Irish white cheddar, and I add a couple of grates of whole nutmeg along with the cayenne  :thumbsup:

Macaroni and Cheese Carbonara

Ingredients

Unsalted butter, for the baking dish

1 tablespoon olive oil

1 1-inch-thick slice pancetta, cut into small dice

4 cloves garlic, finely chopped

3 tablespoons all-purpose flour

5 cups whole milk, or more if needed, hot

4 large egg yolks, lightly whisked

2 teaspoons finely chopped fresh thyme leaves

1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper

2 cups (8 ounces) grated asiago cheese, plus more for the top

1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) grated Irish white cheddar cheese, plus more for the top (New York white cheddar)

1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) grated American cheddar cheese, plus more for the top

1 cup (4 ounces) grated aged fontina cheese, plus more for the top

1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, plus more for the top

Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper

1 pound elbow macaroni, cooked just under al dente

1/2 cup coarsely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves

Directions

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Butter the bottom and sides of a 10-by-10-by-2-inch baking dish and set it aside.

Heat the oil in a large saute pan over medium heat. Add the pancetta and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 8 minutes. Remove with a slotted spoon to a plate lined with paper towels.

Add the garlic to the fat in the pan and cook until lightly golden brown, 1 minute. Whisk in the flour and cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Whisk in the hot milk, raise the heat to high and cook, whisking constantly, until thickened, 3 to about 5 minutes. Whisk in the eggs until incorporated and let cook for 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat and whisk in the thyme, cayenne and all the different cheeses until completely melted. Season with salt and pepper. If the mixture appears too thick, add additional warm milk, 1/4 cup at a time.

Put the cooked macaroni in a large bowl, add the cheese sauce, reserved pancetta, and the parsley, and stir until combined. Transfer to the prepared baking dish.

Combine an additional 1/4 cup each asiago, cheddars, fontina and parmesan in a bowl and sprinkle evenly over the top. Bake until the dish is heated through and the top is a light golden brown, 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the oven and let rest for 10 minutes before serving.

Food Network (dot) com

S#

• 2 weeks later...
[ae...]

This is actually called: To Much Chocolate Cake.

Ingredients

1 (18.25 ounce) package devil's food cake mix

1 (5.9 ounce) package instant chocolate pudding mix

1 cup sour cream

1 cup vegetable oil

4 eggs

1/2 cup warm water

2 cups semisweet chocolate chips

Directions

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a large bowl, mix together the cake and pudding mixes, sour cream, oil, beaten eggs and water. Stir in the chocolate chips and pour batter into a well greased 12 cup bundt pan.

Bake for 50 to 55 minutes, or until top is springy to the touch and a wooden toothpick inserted comes out clean. Cool cake thoroughly in pan at least an hour and a half before inverting onto a plate If desired, dust the cake with powdered sugar.

Got it from Cake Recipes, and it's actually good...

S#

Here's a recipe I just tried for the first time. It's super easy to make and is low calorie and fat. If you want to make it a bit tastier (and less healthy), use full fat ingredients, and even pie crust for the top. I'm a vegetarian, so instead of ham, I used cooked carrots. They tasted great in there and added some nice "sweetness" to the dish.

Note: I noticed this tasted a lot better after melding for a couple days

Cheddar-asparagus Pot pie:

* YIELD: 6 servings

Ingredients:

* 4 cups (1-inch) sliced asparagus (about 1 pound)

* 2 cups (1/2-inch) diced red potato

* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour

* 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika

* 3/4 teaspoon salt

* 1/8 teaspoon ground red pepper

* 1 garlic clove, minced

* 2 1/2 cups fat-free milk

* 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese

* 3/4 cup (1/2-inch) diced lean smoked ham

* 1/2 cup sliced green onions

* Cooking spray

* 4 sheets frozen phyllo dough, thawed

* 1 tablespoon butter or stick margarine, melted

Directions:

* Preheat oven to 350°.

* Cook asparagus in boiling water 2 minutes or until crisp-tender. Remove from pan with a slotted spoon. Place asparagus in a bowl; set aside. Add potato to pan; cook in boiling water 5 minutes or until tender. Drain. Add to asparagus.

* Lightly spoon flour into a dry measuring cup; level with a knife. Place flour and next 4 ingredients (flour through garlic) in a large saucepan. Gradually add milk, stirring with a whisk until blended. Cook over medium heat until thick (about 10 minutes), stirring constantly. Add cheese, stirring until cheese melts. Remove from heat; stir in asparagus, potato, ham, and onions. Spoon asparagus mixture into an 11 x 7-inch baking dish coated with cooking spray.

* Place 1 phyllo sheet on a large cutting board or work surface (cover remaining dough to keep from drying), and gently brush 1 side of phyllo with about 1 teaspoon melted butter. Fold phyllo in half crosswise, and place over filling. Repeat procedure with remaining phyllo and butter. Trim excess phyllo from edges of dish, and discard. Lightly coat phyllo with cooking spray.

* Bake at 350° for 25 minutes or until golden brown and bubbly around the edges. Let stand 10 minutes.

Nutrition Facts:

* Amount per serving

* Calories: 266

* Calories from fat: 25%

* Fat: 7.3g

* Saturated fat: 3.6g

* Monounsaturated fat: 2.1g

* Polyunsaturated fat: 1g

* Protein: 18g

* Carbohydrate: 33.5g

* Fiber: 3.4g

* Cholesterol: 27mg

* Iron: 2.8mg

* Sodium: 827mg

* Calcium: 331mg

Here a two of my favorite ham recipes for Easter.  I'll be making the first one again this year.

Cherry Cola Ham courtesy Emeril Lagasse

Ingredients

• 1 (8 – 12 pound) fully cooked bone-in ham 

• 1 teaspoon ground  allspice

• 1 (2-liter) bottle cola

• 3/4 cup cherry preserves or jelly

• 1/4 cup fresh orange juice 

• 2 tablespoons orange flavored liqueur (recommended: Grand Marnier)

• Biscuits  or dinner rolls , accompaniment

• Creole mustard, accompaniment

Directions

Preheat oven to 325 degrees F.

Trim rind and excess fat from the ham, leaving a 1/4-inch thick layer of fat. With a sharp knife, score the fat in a diamond pattern. Place the ham in large roasting pan and sprinkle with the allspice. Pour the cola into the pan and bake uncovered 1 hour and 15 minutes, basting every 15 minutes with the pan juices.

Meanwhile, in a medium saucepan, combine the cherry preserves, orange juice, and liqueur over medium heat and cook, stirring, until melted, 1 to 2 minutes.

Remove the ham from the oven and brush the top and sides with the cherry glaze. Return the ham to the oven and bake, brushing with pan juices and glaze every 15 minutes and tenting the ham with foil if browning too quickly, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest part of ham without touching the bone registers 140 degrees F, about 15 to 30 minutes.

Remove the ham from oven and let rest for 30 minutes to 1 hour before slicing. Serve warm or at room temperature, thinly sliced, with biscuits or dinner rolls and mustard to make sandwiches.

Here is the second ham recipe.

Fig and Bourbon Glazed Ham ( also know as Figgy Piggy :laugh:)

Ingredients

• 1 (10-pound) cooked bone-in ham, preferably shank end, at room temperature

• 1 1/2 cups water

• 1 cup fig preserves

• 1/2 cup Dijon mustard (use Maille)

• 1/2 cup apple cider vinegar

• 1/4 cup Kentucky bourbon (or use Jack Daniels or Maker's Mark)

Directions

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.

Trim the ham by removing the outer skin/rind, leaving a 1/4-inch of fat. Score the fat layer with a paring knife in a diamond pattern.

Put the ham, cut side down, in a roasting pan or large baking dish. Add 1 1/2 cups of water and cover with foil. Bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.

Meanwhile make the glaze by whisking all of the remaining ingredients together in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Simmer, stirring often, to infuse flavors and to thin the preserves, about 3 to 5 minutes. Set aside 1/4 cup of the glaze.

Remove the foil after the ham has cooked for 1 hour and brush it with the glaze, working it into the scores. Bake the ham, uncovered, another 40 minutes, basting again after 10 minutes. Remove the ham from the oven when an internal temperature of 140 degrees F is reached on an instant-read thermometer. Transfer the ham to carving board and it let rest for 10 to 15 minutes.

Skim off as much of the fat as possible and then whisk in the reserved 1/4 cup of glaze. Bring the pan to a boil over medium heat, then reduce the heat and simmer until the desired consistency is reached. Strain into a warmed gravy dish for a smooth sauce, if desired. Thinly slice the ham and arrange it on a serving platter. Serve with the gravy on the side.