Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Lets Share recipes!

[as...]

[18...]

Keryn, have you tried fried banana and peanut butter sandwiches?  It was Elvis' favourite.. ::)

Kat

No, but I just may know :)

Have you tried it? Is it good?

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [as...]

• [le...]

• [Ka...]

Top Posters In This Topic

Keryn, have you tried fried banana and peanut butter sandwiches?  It was Elvis' favourite.. ::)

Kat

I have.  It's excellent. One of my favorite sandwiches.  Must be a southern sandwich.

Ashley, those poppers were awesome!  Did not make enough though.  Hubs and I were eating them with sweat rolling down our face http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii269/theogrit/1sm222thirst_hot.gif  :laugh:  Going to make some more today.

Legos, the soup was delicious as well.  I sauteed a little bit of andouille sausage and crumbled it over the top. Yum!

Thanks for sharing these recipes. :)

[18...]

Kat

I have.  It's excellent. One of my favorite sandwiches.  Must be a southern sandwich.

I'll have to try it.

[18...]

Kat

I think maybe a decade or so ago and it was good...Here's an "Elvis Recipe."  Look at the warning below it..  :o

http://www.recipesource.com/main-dishes/sandwiches/02/rec0236.html

Oh he didn't die from that, he died from cocaine?

The sandwich looks good tho. :)

No low fat substitutions allowed!  Cream cheese, yum!  :smitten:

No low fat substitues allowed in this house either Pam!  :laugh:

Funny...I thought about a recipe thread a couple of months ago!

Pierogi Frittata

1 onion, chopped

1 pkg. frozen potato and cheddar Pierogies (16 oz.)

6 eggs

1 c. chopped or shredded Cheddar cheese (I use old for more flavour)

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. black pepper

dash (abt. 1/8 tsp.) cayenne pepper if desired

1/2 pound spinach, chopped, or any green veg.

1/2 c. water

Heat 1 Tbsp.oil in ovenproof 10" skillet.  Add onion, cook 5 min.  Add Pierogies, cook 6 min.  Whisk eggs. 1/2 c. cheese, thyme, salt, pepper, and 1/2 c. water.  Add veg. to skillet, pour in egg mixture.  Cook til eggs bubble, about 3 min. Transfer to oven.  Bake at 375oF til set in centre, about 20-25 minutes.  Sprinkling with remaining cheese last 2 minutes.

Be sure not to overbake, and use an ovenproof skillet. Before adding the egg mix, I add about 1/4 c. water slowly and carefully to skillet so it won't get too brown.

It's so yummy! I serve it to guests and they love it.  :)

Kat

KAT!!!! Just ate dinner and this was AMAZING!!! I could not quite picture how it would taste by reading the recipe..but OMG better than I imagined!! thank you soooo much for sharing! My Husband was VERY pleased as well.. and it was easy to make!!:)

we only made a few small changes..hubby does not like onions so we took those out and replaced them with mushrooms and added some fresh chopped garlic to the egg mixture..did not have a oven safe skillit so transferred to a baking dish and it worked great!!

Oh my tummy is so full of all the yummyness!! will defiantly make again!! thanks!! :)

:smitten:

Ashley

[18...]

Another one of Keryn's recipes ;)

Ok I take a banana and just a bit of milk and blend, blend it up well, add almonds and a dash of peanut butter with a few sprinkles of cinnamon and there ya go :)

Yum!  A peanut butter-banana smoothie.

They're good, lol Missy, was that sarcasm?  ;)

Not at all - it sounds like a good smoothie!

No low fat substitutions allowed!  Cream cheese, yum!  :smitten:

No low fat substitues allowed in this house either Pam!  :laugh:

Funny...I thought about a recipe thread a couple of months ago!

Pierogi Frittata

1 onion, chopped

1 pkg. frozen potato and cheddar Pierogies (16 oz.)

6 eggs

1 c. chopped or shredded Cheddar cheese (I use old for more flavour)

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. black pepper

dash (abt. 1/8 tsp.) cayenne pepper if desired

1/2 pound spinach, chopped, or any green veg.

1/2 c. water

Heat 1 Tbsp.oil in ovenproof 10" skillet.  Add onion, cook 5 min.  Add Pierogies, cook 6 min.  Whisk eggs. 1/2 c. cheese, thyme, salt, pepper, and 1/2 c. water.  Add veg. to skillet, pour in egg mixture.  Cook til eggs bubble, about 3 min. Transfer to oven.  Bake at 375oF til set in centre, about 20-25 minutes.  Sprinkling with remaining cheese last 2 minutes.

Be sure not to overbake, and use an ovenproof skillet. Before adding the egg mix, I add about 1/4 c. water slowly and carefully to skillet so it won't get too brown.

It's so yummy! I serve it to guests and they love it.  :)

Kat

KAT!!!! Just ate dinner and this was AMAZING!!! I could not quite picture how it would taste by reading the recipe..but OMG better than I imagined!! thank you soooo much for sharing! My Husband was VERY pleased as well.. and it was easy to make!!:)

we only made a few small changes..hubby does not like onions so we took those out and replaced them with mushrooms and added some fresh chopped garlic to the egg mixture..did not have a oven safe skillit so transferred to a baking dish and it worked great!!

Oh my tummy is so full of all the yummyness!! will defiantly make again!! thanks!! :)

Ashley

Hi Sweetie!

So glad you and  hubby like it...it's the kind of recipe that lends itself to many variations.  I'm going to add bacon and red and green peppers next time! 

MMMM bacon!!! that sounds like it would go perfect with it! I was actually debating the red bell peps yesterday when we were at the store but decided to go with mushrooms.. Maybe we'll try it that way next time or use them both.. I LOVE veggies!!

Ashley

Here is a super easy spicy/sweet comfort pork dish.  I've also substituted boneless skinless chicken breasts.

Orange and Cola Pork

Ingredients

• 1 - 1/2 pounds pork tenderloin, cut into 1-inch cubes

• Salt

• 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour

• 3 tablespoons olive oil

• 2 large Yukon gold potatoes, cut into 1-inch cubes

• 1 cup onion, cut in large dice

• 2 poblano chiles, seeded and cut into large dice

• 1 red bell pepper, seeded and cut into large dice

• 2 cups fresh orange juice

• 2 cups cola (Coke , Pepsi, or RC Cola)

Serving suggestion: Yellow rice and wilted fresh spinach leaves

Directions:

Season the pork with salt, to taste, and lightly the dust the cubes with flour.

Heat the oil in a Dutch oven or a medium-size heavy pot over high heat. Add the pork and potatoes to the hot oil and saute until golden brown, about 4 minutes. Add the onion, poblano chiles, and bell pepper. Continue cooking until the onion is translucent, 3 to 5 minutes. Add the orange juice and cola. Reduce the heat to a simmer and cook until the liquid has reduced to sauce consistency, 40 to 50 minutes. (If the sauce has not reduced in this time, strain and reduce the liquid separately over high heat until thickened.)

Before serving, reseason with salt, if necessary. Accompany the stew with yellow rice and wilted fresh spinach leaves.

Here's my favorite way to cook chicken, either on the barbeque or in the oven.

Chicken on a throne

3 Tbs. kosher salt (household salt will work)

3 Tbs. black pepper

3 Tbs. paprika

3 Tbs. brown sugar

Mix together

Directions: This bird is supposed to be cooked on the grill, but in the oven is excellent also.

Preheat oven to 350F

Sprinkle 2 Tbs. rub in the cavity of the chicken.

Sprinkle 4 Tbs. rub on the outside.

Drink half the beer and make a few additional holes in the top of the can.

Add remaining rub into the can.

Hold the bird upright and insert the can into the cavity.

Spread out the legs to form sort of a tripod, so the chicken stands upright.

Place the bird upright in a roasting pan and roast until brown and fall-off-the-bone tender, 2-2½ hours.

Present the bird upright on the beer can on a platter

[18...]

Don't forget the bacon and ketchup!  :)

lol, nah my food taste is odd, it really is.. cravings that just are nasty to others.. I remember crunching up a nutty buddy in milk and eating it.. just stuff like that.

Hey Keryn!! sounds like you like peanutbutter! remember these yummy candies??

http://i1093.photobucket.com/albums/i432/ashleyrosenbaum84/images.jpg

They are so good! i can only find them at one store around here.. I bet you could find some yummy crazy recipe to crush them up ino!! hehehe :)

Ashley

Hi everyone.

What's your favorite recipe for Christmas cookies or candies? Let's share!  I'm going through mine and will post some within the next few days.

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Greeting%20Cards/love-and-cookies.gif