Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Lets Share recipes!

[as...]

ooooo I bet that would be sooo good with shredded beef! Def let me know!  :smitten:

It was delicious!

I made a few minor changes (hope you don't mind) ;)  I used 1 each small red and yellow bell pepper, plus a poblano.  I blackened them in the oven to get the skins off and chopped them fine.  I used finely chopped leftover prime rib (from Thanksgiving), and my own enchilada sauce.  I used a tiny bit more beef and cream cheese and a little queso fresco and OMG!  It was so good.

What a great recipe!  We have a star rating on new recipes I try. 5 stars is the highest rating, and hubby and I both gave this 5 stars!  Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [as...]

• [le...]

• [Ka...]

Top Posters In This Topic

ooooo I bet that would be sooo good with shredded beef! Def let me know!  :smitten:

It was delicious!

I made a few minor changes (hope you don't mind) ;)  I used 1 each small red and yellow bell pepper, plus a poblano.  I blackened them in the oven to get the skins off and chopped them fine.  I used finely chopped leftover prime rib (from Thanksgiving), and my own enchilada sauce.  I used a tiny bit more beef and cream cheese and a little queso fresco and OMG!  It was so good.

What a great recipe!  We have a star rating on new recipes I try. 5 stars is the highest rating, and hubby and I both gave this 5 stars!  Thanks so much for sharing it with us!

Your welcome!!! IM SO HAPPY YOU LIKED IT!!!  :yippee:

The changes you made sound DELISH!!  I want to try it that way now! I just read your posting to my husband and he was almost drooling when i said the prime rib part! And I absolutely LOVE red and yellow bell peppers.. never tired the other pepper you mentioned..AND queso fresco YUM!!!!!  I too have added more cream cheese at times (can never have too much.. Its such a fun recipe to play around with. 5 stars WHOO HOO! :)

:smitten:

Ashley

oh good! Thank you! Because that is the one I am REALLY excited to try!! getting the stuff today hopefully make it tonight!! YUM!! :)

Ashley

Here it is is Ashley.

Honey Pecan Pie ( a simple twist on regular pecan pie)

Crust for 1 9 inch deep dish pie.  I make mine, but I'm sure refrigerated or frozen works just we well.  Ceramic or glass pie dish works best if making your own crust.

1/4 cup butter, softened

2/3 cup brown sugar (light or dark - not much difference.  Darker gives a little stronger taste)

3 eggs

1/2 cup light corn syrup (sometimes I use 1/4 cup and increase honey to 3/4 cup)

1/2 cup honey

1 to 1/2 cups whole pecan halves (is that an oxymoron? :laugh:)

2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 450.

In medium bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until smooth and light.  Whisk in eggs.

Sir in corn syrup, honey, vanilla and pecans.

Pour into unbaked pie crust.

Bake for 10 minutes at 450, then reduce temperature to 350 and bake 30-35 minutes longer until pie is set.  If outer crust starts to get a little dark, make a foil ring that will go over crust only ( not filling)

Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 1 hour.

I also have a twist on pumpkin pie - peanut butter pumpkin pie.  Sounds weird, but it's delicious served with chocolate whipped cream!

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Smileys/82825610.gif

For some of you the idea of pumpkin soup probably sounds odd but it really is tasty.

Pumpkin soup

4 Tbsp unsalted butter

2 medium yellow onions, chopped

2 teaspoons minced garlic

1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper

2 teaspoons curry powder

1/2 teaspoon ground coriander

Pinch ground cayenne pepper (optional)

3 (15 oz) cans 100 percent pumpkin or 6 cups of chopped roasted pumpkin*

5 cups of chicken broth (or vegetable broth for vegetarian option)

2 cups of milk

1/2 cup brown sugar

1/2 cup heavy cream

1 Melt butter in a 4-quart saucepan over mediium-high heat. Add onions and garlic and cook, stirring often, until softened, about 4 minutes. Add spices and stir for a minute more.

2 Add pumpkin and 5 cups of chicken broth; blend well. Bring to a boil and reduce heat, simmer for 10 to 15 minutes.

3 Transfer soup, in batches, to a blender or food processor. Cover tightly and blend until smooth. Return soup to saucepan.

4 With the soup on low heat, add brown sugar and mix. Slowly add milk while stirring to incorporate. Add cream. Adjust seasonings to taste. If a little too spicy, add more cream to cool it down. You might want to add a teaspoon of salt.

Hey legos.

I'll bet you could use an immersion blender for that soup as well (instead of the blender or processor).  Since I got one (I call it the boat motor like Emeril Lagasse :laugh:), I no longer need to transfer soups to the blender, etc.

THANKS MISSY!!! :yippee: it does sound nice and simple and AMAZING!! as soon as I can make it to the store I'm ON it!!!! hubby is gonna love it too!!

Ashley

Hi Missy,

An immersion blender is a great idea. My husband goes for the more heartier soups so I don't make it as much, but I've made it for a couple of potlucks at work and it's always a hit. Hope you enjoy it.

Leslie

Pork Tenderloin with Spicy Blueberry Sauce

1 1/2 poun pork tenderloin ( not pork loin, pork tenderloin)

2 cups blueberry preserves ( Knott's Berry Farms makes a good one)

1/4 - 1/2 tsp chipotle chili powder

3 tablespoons whole seed mustard

1/2 orange, zested and juiced

salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375.

Rub 1 Tbs of mustard over tenderloin. Season with salt and pepper.

Place on foil lined baking sheet and roast for 35-40 minutes.  Remove from oven and let rest 5 minutes.  You can also broil it if you like, but you'll have to  keep turning it every 5 minutes for 20 minutes so roasting is easier.

Meanwhile, over high heat, combine blueberry preserves, orange juice and zest, chipotle powder and 2 tablespoons mustard in saucepot.  Non stick is best.  Season with a little salt and pepper.

Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer 15 minutes or so, or until blueberries start to burst and it barely starts to thicken.  Don't cook too long or else when it cools it will be hard and gummy. Bleh!

Slice tenderloin and spoon blueberry sauce over it.

I usually serve with rustic smashed red potatoes or a rice pilaf, plus steamed broccoli spears or sugar snap peas.

YUM YUM YUM!!! sounds awesome missy especially the SPICY blueberry sauce!!!! I really need to get on my game and start making the recipes posted on here!!

thanks! :smitten:

Ashley

Here it is is Ashley.

Honey Pecan Pie ( a simple twist on regular pecan pie)

Crust for 1 9 inch deep dish pie.  I make mine, but I'm sure refrigerated or frozen works just we well.  Ceramic or glass pie dish works best if making your own crust.

1/4 cup butter, softened

2/3 cup brown sugar (light or dark - not much difference.  Darker gives a little stronger taste)

3 eggs

1/2 cup light corn syrup (sometimes I use 1/4 cup and increase honey to 3/4 cup)

1/2 cup honey

1 to 1/2 cups whole pecan halves (is that an oxymoron? :laugh:)

2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 450.

In medium bowl, beat butter and brown sugar until smooth and light.   Whisk in eggs.

Sir in corn syrup, honey, vanilla and pecans.

Pour into unbaked pie crust.

Bake for 10 minutes at 450, then reduce temperature to 350 and bake 30-35 minutes longer until pie is set.  If outer crust starts to get a little dark, make a foil ring that will go over crust only ( not filling)

Remove from oven and allow to cool for at least 1 hour.

I also have a twist on pumpkin pie - peanut butter pumpkin pie.  Sounds weird, but it's delicious served with chocolate whipped cream!

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Smileys/82825610.gif

MISSY!!! just got back from the store!! gonna make My "CELEBRATION" pie tonight http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh268/jorelldye/droolingembarassed.jpg!! got some vanilla bean ice cream to top it off!! YUM thanks for the recipe! will Let ya know how it turns out!!!

BTW Very interested in the peanutbutter pumpkin pie!! Hub LOVES peanutbutter!!

Ashley

Missy,

Honey pecan pie=HEAVEN!!!! this pie is down right delicious!! I'm so happy I finally got to make it it was so worth the wait!! and i got enough ingredients to make another whenever we want it!! I bet that will be soon!! :) thank you so much for the recipe your genius!!

next on the menu i hope to do this weekend is the yummy sounding Pierogi Frittata recipe from you kat!! along with some of Missy's braised cabbage on the side!! can't wait!!

THEN i wanna try those tenderloins and Leslie's  pumpkin soup! I love this thread this is so much fun!!

Ashley

So glad you liked it. :smitten:  Hmmmm.....maybe I should make another one today along with the poppers and the pumpkin soup.

http://i275.photobucket.com/albums/jj286/dvora072096/SMILEYS/4funnies_com_christmas_emoticons_11.gif

ya...after  I wrote that we ate some more..downed half the pie in in one night!! :heybabe:

I doubt the rest will see past today!! hehehe

Ashley

Half a pie!!! I remember the days when my husband and I could put away half a pie in one night. Now we have to limit our pie portions to slivers of pie. Oh to be young again. Sigh......

[77...]

Here's one of my recipe's, good too!

::)

Make a peanut butter sandwich.

Put fruity pebbles on it, crunch it up good.

Put a little mustard on it and bananas.

If you want add ham and cheese.

It's a good sandwich ;)

Give it a go.

Keryn.

It's a good sandwich ;)

Give it a go.

Keryn.

Eeeeeewwww, Keryn!  http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/zerglin/Smileys/ack.gifhttp://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc4/kathiscc/Sick_0161.gif:laugh:

[77...]

It's a good sandwich ;)

Give it a go.

Keryn.

Eeeeeewwww, Keryn!  http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p280/zerglin/Smileys/ack.gifhttp://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc4/kathiscc/Sick_0161.gif:laugh:

LOL, no seriously it's good, it tastes like somekind of pie to me.

;D

kat, :smitten:

nope not yet..I have been slacking!!!:(  was pretty busy today and yesterday so just ate subway and pizza the past two nights .. but gonna go grocery shopping tomorrow and have it for dinner!!!:).. i reminded my husband about it this morning and he was drooling! will defiantly let you know how it turns out!!

That peanut butter and fried banana sandwich sounds yummy too!!

Ashley