Please Check, and if Necessary, Update Your BB Account Email Address as a Matter of Urgency ×
New Forum: Celebrating 20 Years of Support - Everyone is Invited! ×
  • Please Donate

Donate with PayPal button

For nearly 20 years, BenzoBuddies has assisted thousands of people through benzodiazepine withdrawal. Help us reach and support more people in need. More about donations here.

Lets Share recipes!

[as...]

I thought this would be a fun place where we could share recipes with eachother.. I have been doing the same things for so long..

Enchiladas recipe I got from my mom...its amazing made the other night and makes about 6 big enchiladas.

1lb ground beef

1 green bell pepper

1 can olives

1 package of cream cheese

1 package of burrito size flour tortillas

1 bad shredded cheese

1 can enchilada sauce

1 container of sour cream (optional)

green onions(optional)

pre heat oven to 400

chop up olives and bell peppers and cook in a frying pan with the ground beef.

slice the cream cheesw square into six long wise.

take tortilla add one slice of the cream cheese, about 1/6th of your beef and veggies mixture, sprinkle with shredded cheese.. then roll it up.. do not fold edges in like you would a burrito. place in baking pan.. continue with the next five.(if you use soft taco size tortillas you can always make more smaller ones)

once they are all in the pan top with enchilada sauce. i found i do not even need to use the whole can just enough to cover them. then use the remainder of cheese to evenly distribute on top.. place in oven and bake until the cheese on top is cooked to your liking..(I love it slightly burt/crispy)

then you can top with sour cream and some green onions if desired!

(If you would like to make a healthier version of this i have substituted the beef for canned shredded chicken that you can find in the tuna section.. and used fat free or low fat cream cheese and sour cream.)

ENJOY!!

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• [Mi...]

• [as...]

• [le...]

• [Ka...]

Top Posters In This Topic

ha ha yes i admit the full fat way tastes the best! and i love cream cheese. never had it in enchiladas before this recipe  but won't make it any other way now its all warm and oozy!! MMMM

Fish Tacos

battered or crispy fish sticks or fillets

shredded cabbage

shredded cheese

salsa (home made if i got the time and energy)

package of small soft corn tortillas

and white sauce made up of

- plain greek yogurt about a cup(if you cant find greek yogurt regular plain yorgurt but its not as good)

- 2 tablespoons of mayo

-garlic salt to taste

-cumin to taste

bake the fish as directed on the box, put as many as you would like in the soft corn tortilla top shredded cheese, shredded cabbage, salsa, and smother on the white sauce!!

I usually serve this with mexican rice or buttered mexican hominy on the side :)

EASY and fast borscht recipe from my grandma..

-three cans of sliced beats

-i packet if cole slaw mix (the shredded cabbage and carrots) or you can just shred regular --cabbage

-1 can diced tomatos

-4 cups of beef stock (you can get canned or i just used the powder stuff with water)

-1 packet of dry powdered onion soup mix

put everything in a big pot including the juice from the canned beats bring to a boil once boiling add the cabbage and continue to simmer til cabbage is tender but not too mushy..

now if you want to add meat to this get any kind of beef you prefer and chop it up and cook in a separate pan and add it to the soup once cooked..

if the soup is too salty for you you can always add any additional water..

once soup is done.. serve in a bowel with a dollop of sour cream on top!

sounds funky but really good.. i do not like beets by themselves at all but LOVE the soup!

Fish Tacos

battered or crispy fish sticks or fillets

shredded cabbage

shredded cheese

salsa (home made if i got the time and energy)

package of small soft corn tortillas

and white sauce made up of

- plain greek yogurt about a cup(if you cant find greek yogurt regular plain yorgurt but its not as good)

- 2 tablespoons of mayo

-garlic salt to taste

-cumin to taste

bake the fish as directed on the box, put as many as you would like in the soft corn tortilla top shredded cheese, shredded cabbage, salsa, and smother on the white sauce!!

I usually serve this with mexican rice or buttered mexican hominy on the side :)

OMG! she said the magic word! :o...................FISH TACOS!!! :D:yippee:

No low fat substitutions allowed!  Cream cheese, yum!  :smitten:

No low fat substitues allowed in this house either Pam!  :laugh:

Funny...I thought about a recipe thread a couple of months ago!

Pierogi Frittata

1 onion, chopped

1 pkg. frozen potato and cheddar Pierogies (16 oz.)

6 eggs

1 c. chopped or shredded Cheddar cheese (I use old for more flavour)

1/2 tsp. salt

1/4 tsp. black pepper

dash (abt. 1/8 tsp.) cayenne pepper if desired

1/2 pound spinach, chopped, or any green veg.

1/2 c. water

Heat 1 Tbsp.oil in ovenproof 10" skillet.  Add onion, cook 5 min.  Add Pierogies, cook 6 min.  Whisk eggs. 1/2 c. cheese, thyme, salt, pepper, and 1/2 c. water.  Add veg. to skillet, pour in egg mixture.  Cook til eggs bubble, about 3 min. Transfer to oven.  Bake at 375oF til set in centre, about 20-25 minutes.  Sprinkling with remaining cheese last 2 minutes.

Be sure not to overbake, and use an ovenproof skillet. Before adding the egg mix, I add about 1/4 c. water slowly and carefully to skillet so it won't get too brown.

It's so yummy! I serve it to guests and they love it.  :)

Kat

yes the fish tacos are soo good and simple we had them last night!:)

oooh and Pierogi Frittata!! I have never had that before.. Sounds so yummy my husband is going to be so grateful to try something new!!

YUM!

Can't wait to hear some from you Missy! :) got a recipe for your little gingerbread guy?? he looks yummy!! but almost too cute to eat! he he

:smitten:

Ashley

yes the fish tacos are soo good and simple we had them last night!:)

oooh and Pierogi Frittata!! I have never had that before.. Sounds so yummy my husband is going to be so grateful to try something new!!

YUM!

Your hubby will love it. :)

Here's a "Canadian Tradition" an "ancient" recipe  ...last time I made these was for Christmas.

Butter Tarts

Pastry for 9" pie

1 egg

1/2 cup brown sugar, packed

3 Tbsp. soft butter

1/3 c. maple syrup + 1 tsp. cornstarch

1/1/2 tsp.lemon juice or vinegar

1/2 tsp. vanilla

pinch of salt

1/2 c. currants or sultana raisins

Heat oven to 350oF.

Roll pastry thin, cut in  rounds to line 12 3" tart (cupcake) tins.

Beat egg, sugar and butter to blend well.  Stir in  maple syrup, lemon juice, vanilla, salt and currants/raisins.  Spoon into shells.

Bake 25 min. or til set and pastry is browned. If you like it gooey, maybe 5 min. less.  ;)

Kat

Here's a terrific smoothie I discovered serendipitously ...'love that word...ok call it dumb luck.:)) Not exactly knowing what I was doing, I threw  together whatever looked good, and have it every day now.  

Chia Smoothie

750 mg. (25.5 oz) Plain unsweetened yogurt (your choice of fat content)

Handful of Frozen or fresh unsweetened Strawberries (halved or left whole)

2 - 4 Tbsp. Black chia seeds

Honey (optional)-approx. 2 -3 tsp.

Pomegranate juice

Mix first 4 ingredients together and let stand for an hour if possible for the Chia seeds to expand.  I make enough for a week and the strawberries still stay fresh.  Chia seeds are a powerful source of nutrition, especially Omega 3, Protein and Fibre.

Add 6 Tbsp. mixture to 6 oz. Pomegranate juice, stir, and you're set to go...no blender required.  A friend recently gave me ground flax seeds, so I'm using it up by adding it to the mix, too.   You can change it up by adding whatever fruit combo you like, but try to keep the Chia seeds.

This smoothie has been a "lifesaver" for me when I lost my appetite, and I still use it at times for breakfast or lunch...and if not in  the day-time, for a snack at night.

Cheers!

Kat

What's everyone making for Thanksgiving?

It's just me and my dude, so I'm making a prime rib roast (this why we'll have yummy leftovers), roasted root veggies (parsnips, yukon golds, brussell sprouts and carrots), broccoli salad, homemade parker house rolls, and a pumpkin cheesecake.

Bread and cheesecake are getting made tomorrow, so I'll have Turkey Day to watch parades, football, and movies. :)

http://i1132.photobucket.com/albums/m575/maxmoo/Funny%20Pics/Greeting%20Cards/Fall/turkey.jpg

Key Lime Pie!!! MMMMMMMMM

5 egg yolks, beaten

1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk

1/2 cup key lime juice

1 (9 inch) pre made pie crust..original recipes call for graham cracker but I found it sooo much better using nilla wafer crust if you can find it!!

whip cream and lime wedges if desired

Preheat oven to 375 degrees

Combine the egg yolks, sweetened condensed milk and lime juice. Mix well. Pour into crust.

sometimes for fun i add green food coloring to make it extra green! he he

Bake  15 minutes. chill in fridge or freezer til cold. Top with whip cream and lime wedges! and there ya go!!

YUMMMY!!

My version of Chili Mac

2-3 boxes of white cheddar shells and cheese

1 can chili (any kind you like I usually use spicy)

1 can yellow Mexican hominy

1 bag shredded cheese

pre heat oven to 400 degrees

prepare shells and cheese as directed on box.. once done mix in chili and hominy..pour into baking pan top with as much shredded cheese as you like and bake until cheese is nice and crispy on top!!

I have also made this by adding olives and bell peppers you can really play around with the recipe.. even top with sour cream if desired!

enjoy!

Oooh...Nilla wafer crust!  Same with me Ashley...I very much prefer nilla  crust over graham wafer! 

I made key lime pie a few times, with nilla crust, mainly  when we were in Florida...brr...wish we were there now!

You key lime pie sounds  yummy!

Oooh...Nilla wafer crust!  Same with me Ashley...I very much prefer nilla  crust over graham wafer! 

I made key lime pie a few times, with nilla crust, mainly  when we were in Florida...brr...wish we were there now!

You key lime pie sounds  yummy!

Thats so neat you make it with the nilla too!! I think it makes a huge difference.. I have been tempted at times to make that pie but sub the key lime juice with lemon juice.. it sounds like it would be really yummy with the nilla crust as well!! Oh I wish I was in Florida too or HAWAII!!!  ;D

oh and kat i still have to try your recipes!! I have not been major grocery shopping in a while but gonna go tomorrow! So I will get the stuff! :)